Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

06-15-2015, 07:24 PM   #1
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Guys,

Just installed some burger spacers that a buddy was running on his F80 with no issues for a couple weeks. Felt fine at first, but today I am getting vibrations through the steering wheel at 50mph plus.

15mm front 12mm rear stock adaptive suspension. Use anti sieze and applied 90lbs for the extended bolts. Thoughts?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #2
kitesurfer
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
If you applied anti sieze to the front or rear face of the spacer or Hub, could definitely keep the spacer from seating flush to the hub. I would start fresh and clean/sand paper the hub extender lip if it has any rust. Only apply anti sieze to the hub extender/spacer extender lip. Lug bolts should be torqued to 104 ft lbs on the F80. Also this goes without saying never anti sieze you lug bolts they will come loose!

Last edited by kitesurfer; 06-15-2015 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
If you applied anti sieze to the front or rear face of the spacer or Hub, could definitely keep the spacer from seating flush to the hub. I would start fresh and clean/sand paper the hub extender lip if it has any rust. Only apply anti sieze to the hub extender/spacer extender lip. Lug bolts should be torqued to 104 ft lbs on the F80. Also this goes without saying never anti sieze you lug bolts they will come lose!
Will try this. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
If you applied anti sieze to the front or rear face of the spacer or Hub, could definitely keep the spacer from seating flush to the hub. I would start fresh and clean/sand paper the hub extender lip if it has any rust. Only apply anti sieze to the hub extender/spacer extender lip. Lug bolts should be torqued to 104 ft lbs on the F80. Also this goes without saying never anti sieze you lug bolts they will come loose!

Did all of the above. Still get vibrations at 50mph plus.

Any other ideas? This started right after I applied them after a long vibration free highway drive.

I ordered another set of MS spacers but I still can't figure this out

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 04:01 PM   #5
Taimur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Wheels could be out of balance?

Did you remove the spacers and see if the vibrations go away?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 04:04 PM   #6
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taimur View Post
Wheels could be out of balance?

Did you remove the spacers and see if the vibrations go away?

Have not yet, no time. I already re applied them to see if any of the above helped.

Have a hard time believing its a coincidence as I drove home 50 miles on the highway right before I put the spacers on and car was perfect. I was however coming from my first track day with the car so it is possible something happened out there.

New spacers here in a few days so will just try then.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 10:05 PM   #7
kitesurfer
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
Its possible you could have picked up some marbles from the track in you tires..that rubber should come off the tires with some street miles
Appreciate 0