BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-06-2019, 11:25 AM   #155
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhidium View Post
I was treating the Costco incentive as a starting point. I know they don't offer it anymore, but they were willing to start there before bargaining. Getting discounts before haggling is always good. Any case they stacked all of those items before we started haggling. Both BMW dealerships I went to were stacking all those discounts I mentioned. First one was estimate since he didn't have the car there (but could ship it in), and the second one did have it and I bought it.

Edit: I bought in December 2018 when Costco was not active anymore..
/shrug what I am saying is, they were not "stacking costco" or anything, they were just discounting the car.

In any case, I am not into online disagreements so Ill just say congratulations
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 02:33 PM   #156
SoItShallBeWritten
Rep
Drives: X3 m40i

Ok, just picked up my X3 m40i (first BMW!) from an unnamed Bay Area (SF) dealership yesterday. God they all suck, this one had terrible hip hop playing from the showroom ceiling speakers. Most of the dealerships in the area have a ton of cars piled up on the lots and tons of m40i inventory unlike SoCal dealerships. Mostly 20" 21" but I found a 19" with all seasons:

2019 x3 M40i Phytonic Blue/Canberra

MSRP: $64370 (Driving assistance, Driving assistance plus, Harmon Kardon, Premium, Front ventilated)
Discount: -$7,000
Doc prep fee: $85
License/Title: $629
Rebates: -$2000 BMW financial, -$1000 conquest
Total out the door:$60,161, financed at 3.89%...incentives on website were showing 2.89% but both dealerships in the Bay claimed they couldn't budge on the 1% markup.

So -$10k off, the dealer with the other 19" with option packages I wanted (but black leather) offered me a total of -$10500 but I wanted the blue/canberra.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 02:55 PM   #157
m235hou
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoItShallBeWritten View Post
Ok, just picked up my X3 m40i (first BMW!) from an unnamed Bay Area (SF) dealership yesterday. God they all suck, this one had terrible hip hop playing from the showroom ceiling speakers. Most of the dealerships in the area have a ton of cars piled up on the lots and tons of m40i inventory unlike SoCal dealerships. Mostly 20" 21" but I found a 19" with all seasons:

MSRP: $64370 (Driving assistance, Driving assistance plus, Harmon Kardon, Premium, Front ventilated)
Total out the door:$60,161, financed at 3.89%...incentives on website were showing 2.89% but both dealerships in the Bay claimed they couldn't budge on the 1% markup.

So -$10k off, the dealer with the other 19" with option packages I wanted (but black leather) offered me a total of -$10500 but I wanted the blue/canberra.
Sounds like a good deal!
      01-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #158
B_M_VV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoItShallBeWritten View Post

Does the $7000 dealer discount include $1000 BMW event voucher?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 08:31 AM   #159
p4snow
Registered
Rep
Drives: Outback

New to the forum and wondering if this is a good deal on a 2019 X3...

MSRP 45,495 less 2,425 dealer discount, 1,000 USAA discount and 2,000 BMW USA discount.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:01 PM   #160
weez
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4snow View Post
New to the forum and wondering if this is a good deal on a 2019 X3...

MSRP 45,495 less 2,425 dealer discount, 1,000 USAA discount and 2,000 BMW USA discount.

Thanks
Did USAA just up their discount? It was $500 last month.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #161
pritchd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
From the USAA website it sure looks like the incentive is $1000 for 2019. I just got my code the other day and am in the process of ordering, so I'll know for sure in a few days.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 06:56 PM   #162
b.guggenmos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M40I Phytonic Blue

Getting Frustrated with BMW Purchase

I am new car shopping. Test drove a Q5, RDX, NX300 and X3. First X3 was the 3.0. Then I drove an X3M40I. That was it! WOW! Right to the top! My nearest dealer where I test drove is my preferred choice but I can only get Costco price and USAA discount. When financing I can get $2000.00 off of the price. So my MSRP of my build form BMW website is $63,070. Dealer bottom line with all discounts is $59,700.00 estimated. They tell me they have to input the order to get an exact price. Seems weird?

Then on top of that there is taxes and fee's which I don't know what they are? Sales tax I know but not sure about mystery document fees? I asked for a price breakdown and have not received one.

I tried another dealer in a neighboring state. On the phone they said they beat NW dealers all the time. Quote comes in and it is $1500 of MSRP with no price breakdown. That's it. Costco was better than that.

Tried another dealer. Have not received a quote yet.

I worked at a Ford dealer for 17 years. Getting a price was not difficult. My last three Honda's were a piece of cake.

I see other people on here getting huge dealer discounts of 10% and more. I would be happy with 5% off of MSRP before financing.

Maybe this is as good as it gets in the NW?

I love this forum. I have been reading it daily for over a month. If I can get a car I will be a very active member.

Thanks, Brian
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 07:13 PM   #163
jpnwdc
Rep
Drives: Audi Q5

I was quoted 7% off MSRP + current BMW FS incentives ($2000) + $1000 conquest. This in DC area.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 08:11 PM   #164
B_M_VV
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.guggenmos View Post
I am new car shopping. Test drove a Q5, RDX, NX300 and X3. First X3 was the 3.0. Then I drove an X3M40I. That was it! WOW! Right to the top! My nearest dealer where I test drove is my preferred choice but I can only get Costco price and USAA discount. When financing I can get $2000.00 off of the price. So my MSRP of my build form BMW website is $63,070. Dealer bottom line with all discounts is $59,700.00 estimated. They tell me they have to input the order to get an exact price. Seems weird?

Then on top of that there is taxes and fee's which I don't know what they are? Sales tax I know but not sure about mystery document fees? I asked for a price breakdown and have not received one.

I tried another dealer in a neighboring state. On the phone they said they beat NW dealers all the time. Quote comes in and it is $1500 of MSRP with no price breakdown. That's it. Costco was better than that.

Tried another dealer. Have not received a quote yet.

I worked at a Ford dealer for 17 years. Getting a price was not difficult. My last three Honda's were a piece of cake.

I see other people on here getting huge dealer discounts of 10% and more. I would be happy with 5% off of MSRP before financing.

Maybe this is as good as it gets in the NW?

I love this forum. I have been reading it daily for over a month. If I can get a car I will be a very active member.

Thanks, Brian
Based on my observation, it is more about how many dealerships in the nearby area.

All major premium brands have only one dealership near my town except BMW which has two, it is felt that only the two BMW dealerships give reasonable quotes because of local competition, even though their offers still wouldn't match those of SoCal. At year end they offered 6-8% dealer discount plus all applicable BMW incentives.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 08:12 PM   #165
B_M_VV
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnwdc View Post
I was quoted 7% off MSRP + current BMW FS incentives ($2000) + $1000 conquest. This in DC area.
Does this 7% off MSRP include $1000 OL code discount from BMW event?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 08:18 PM   #166
B_M_VV
Private First Class
Rep

BMW Conquest Cash?

For all other BMW incentives mentioned in the forum, e.g. Loyalty, Financing, USAA, College student, etc., I found them at some car web sites or dealer web sites. However, I never see an official conquest rebates for 2019 X3 anywhere else.

Is it an official rebate that with amount and terms (e.g. which brands qualify) defined by BMW, or is it just a name dealerships use for part of their discount? Is it applicable for both lease and purchase?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 08:38 PM   #167
b.guggenmos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_M_VV View Post
Based on my observation, it is more about how many dealerships in the nearby area.

All major premium brands have only one dealership near my town except BMW which has two, it is felt that only the two BMW dealerships give reasonable quotes because of local competition, even though their offers still wouldn't match those of SoCal. At year end they offered 6-8% dealer discount plus all applicable BMW incentives.
We have three dealers in Western Wa and several in Oregon. Maybe I need to cast my net wider? The second dealer in the Seattle area came back to my request of a price to come up for a test drive. I have already done that. I can't get quotes to even play them against each other. I am not looking for the deal of a lifetime but at least come off of MSRP. Plus I know the invoice is rarely what the dealer actually pays the manufacturer.

Anyone on this forum have any recommendations for the NW?

Thanks, Brian
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 11:06 PM   #168
B_M_VV
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
We have three dealers in Western Wa and several in Oregon. Maybe I need to cast my net wider? The second dealer in the Seattle area came back to my request of a price to come up for a test drive. I have already done that. I can't get quotes to even play them against each other. I am not looking for the deal of a lifetime but at least come off of MSRP. Plus I know the invoice is rarely what the dealer actually pays the manufacturer.

Thanks, Brian
I just took a look on BMW official web site and it seems the dealership density is low in NW. Seattle is much larger and richer than my town but there are only three dealerships, so probably it is not too difficult for them to get enough customers. Those dealerships in Oregon are quite far away (2-3hrs) and are also with low density.

Maybe someone on the forum can recommend you some SAs in NW that are willing to give relatively better prices.

I heard that month-end is good time to get deal, but I am not sure whether it also applies to build-to-order cases.

Good luck shopping X3!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #169
derklink
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Hi all,

What do you think about this offer: 2019 X3 M40i (on the dealer lot): MSRP $62,820 offered for $56,679 with all incentives, which equates to 9,78%. This is before tax, title, etc. and without trying to negotiate further. Is this a good offer? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 08:20 PM   #170
jpnwdc
Rep

What incentives are you counting?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 08:40 PM   #171
derklink
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnwdc View Post
What incentives are you counting?
All that where available, including financing, but not sure of the exact breakdown but supposed to get more details, trade-in value etc. tomorrow. Also just signed up for an event this weekend (new X5) for a $1,000 credit. Not sure if it can be combined. Darn fine print is ambiguous (to me)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 09:05 PM   #172
jpnwdc
Rep

I live in DC. One dealer quoted 7% off before incentives. Incentives are $2000 rebate if you finance with BMSFS. There is an additional $1000 conquest (I currently have an Audi Q5). I also joined BMWCCA which will give another $500 rebate. I do think the dealer should be able to do better than 7% before rebates.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 11:15 PM   #173
Lionel Hutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Would love a recommendation on a SoCal (esp San Diego) dealer / salesperson for aggressive pricing.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 07:14 PM   #174
dereksM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport

Quote:

Thanks, Brian
The problem is your only options are really Bellevue, Seattle, and Fife. The first two I have never had luck buying from...Fife wouldn't even let me test drive a used E92 M3 years back. From a buying perspective I think all our dealers stink here and with the abundance of high income jobs in Seattle/Bellevue I suspect most show up and pay MSRP and go on their way. I've got my last two BMW's from California and drove home here to WA. I will probably do the same again if I buy another BMW - I've pretty much given up on purchasing from here.

Case and point I went to go look at an F80 M3 last year and was contemplating purchasing and even had them run the numbers - I think they offered like $1,500 off on a $85k build, needless to say I smiled and went home and never called back. Bellevue wouldn't even try and discount a regular 340i couple years back when I was leasing. Couple days later different salesman calls back wondering why I didn't buy the car...well saving 12-15% off MSRP going to California is worth the $250 plane ticket and fun drive home along PCH.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 08:39 PM   #175
b.guggenmos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
The problem is your only options are really Bellevue, Seattle, and Fife. The first two I have never had luck buying from...Fife wouldn't even let me test drive a used E92 M3 years back. From a buying perspective I think all our dealers stink here and with the abundance of high income jobs in Seattle/Bellevue I suspect most show up and pay MSRP and go on their way. I've got my last two BMW's from California and drove home here to WA. I will probably do the same again if I buy another BMW - I've pretty much given up on purchasing from here.

Case and point I went to go look at an F80 M3 last year and was contemplating purchasing and even had them run the numbers - I think they offered like $1,500 off on a $85k build, needless to say I smiled and went home and never called back. Bellevue wouldn't even try and discount a regular 340i couple years back when I was leasing. Couple days later different salesman calls back wondering why I didn't buy the car...well saving 12-15% off MSRP going to California is worth the $250 plane ticket and fun drive home along PCH.
I think you are spot on. They have no interest in dealing at all. I tried to get an additional $800.00 off to make it an even $65,000.00 while I was in the store on Sunday. I was ready to make the order. Nope. They came back if I paid cash on the spot $200.00 off. They let me drive away. Can you tell me which dealer in CA to contact if I decide to go that route? Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 05:23 PM   #176
derklink
Private First Class
Rep

Stopped working with the initial dealer. Total lowball on trade in, not much dealer discount, and car I was interested in is now suddenly a service loaner and not available for some months (no thank you). Found a different dealer that would give 8,5k off sticker of on an almost loaded M40i. This includes all incentives (2k financing, 1k conquer and an X5 event I plan to attend where they give you a $500 rebate voucher) but not tax, title, processing fee. The dealer discount is 5k. Trade in offer is ok-ish but they said when I bring it in, they might adjust and give a little more. Thoughts? Bait and switch? Thanks!
Appreciate 0