BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-10-2024, 01:24 PM   #23
Neil_C
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 20d M Sport (2019)

Is it possible to set the level of brightness with this fix ?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 05:46 PM   #24
Edgar_FriendlyX3M
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 M  [10.00]
Bringing this thread back up. What I did (for now) is only make an adjustment to the first item:

Headunit
3005 APIX_CID_UND_ZIN
DIM_CURVE_X2
change values to 0x00, 0x00 (from 0x1F, 0xC0)

This only modifies the infotainment screen and bumps the brightness up to where it should have been from the dammed factory.

Having said this, I do notice how much dimmer the climate control read out is along with the gauge cluster. I only made the change to the head unit as I wanted to see how much of a contrast there is between the other items in their unmodified state. For now, I'm going to leave it. Been a few days and I'm ok with the results.

I drove a 2024 x3 loaner for a bit so when I got back into my car, I noticed how dim the interior screens are by comparison.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2024, 11:19 PM   #25
brandon008
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 i

I’m having the same issue on my 2021 330.

After you made the head unit modifications, does the middle infotainment screen stay at a certain brightness day and night and can this level be set ?Does the screen dim at all ? How do you change the brightness at night ?

Last question, after these mods what does the setting “night time brightness” change do ?

Thank You !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar_FriendlyX3M View Post
Bringing this thread back up. What I did (for now) is only make an adjustment to the first item:

Headunit
3005 APIX_CID_UND_ZIN
DIM_CURVE_X2
change values to 0x00, 0x00 (from 0x1F, 0xC0)

This only modifies the infotainment screen and bumps the brightness up to where it should have been from the dammed factory.

Having said this, I do notice how much dimmer the climate control read out is along with the gauge cluster. I only made the change to the head unit as I wanted to see how much of a contrast there is between the other items in their unmodified state. For now, I'm going to leave it. Been a few days and I'm ok with the results.

I drove a 2024 x3 loaner for a bit so when I got back into my car, I noticed how dim the interior screens are by comparison.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2024, 07:06 AM   #26
Th3Walrus
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC Alpine White/Sahkir

Glad I saw this. Recently I've noticed the headunit going so dim when it's sunny, that I can barely see CarPlay. I'll likely do the headunit setting only, I don't have a problem with the gauges, I mainly look at the HUD for speed anyways.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2024, 08:44 AM   #27
brandon008
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 i

Can you let us know how this goes and how brightness is at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Walrus View Post
Glad I saw this. Recently I've noticed the headunit going so dim when it's sunny, that I can barely see CarPlay. I'll likely do the headunit setting only, I don't have a problem with the gauges, I mainly look at the HUD for speed anyways.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2024, 07:50 PM   #28
Edgar_FriendlyX3M
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon008 View Post
I’m having the same issue on my 2021 330.

After you made the head unit modifications, does the middle infotainment screen stay at a certain brightness day and night and can this level be set ?Does the screen dim at all ? How do you change the brightness at night ?

Last question, after these mods what does the setting “night time brightness” change do ?

Thank You !!!!!
Yes, the infotainment screen is brighter during the day. The level is set by the hex values posted elsewhere in the thread. I haven't noticed any dimming which is fine with me. I don't mess with the nighttime brightness levels ever.
Appreciate 0