BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-27-2022, 01:25 AM   #529
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep
Drives: IX3 Charge + Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoViper View Post
After being told for the last Month that our order was at code 165 and was on it's way from China to Bremerhaven, I asked for an update from the BMW Genius chat today and was told it is now at code 195: Arrived at port of exit China.

Our estimated delivery date has moved from end of September to end October as well.

I am confused how I can be told it's on a boat from China for a Month only to be told that it's actually only just got to the port in China ready to be put on a boat? The genius couldn't explain either.
Their system sucks, No one knows for sure.. I have seen the system the genius or bmw dealer a working on.. . And the status code, doesnt always change. Neither does the acutal location or next location, but somehow suddenly is changes.. so tired of their system... have they told you thatbthe esitimated arrival has slipped, or do you just imagine it has slipped do to the codes?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 01:50 AM   #530
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Hello,

Not sure what other peoples thoughts on this are, but although ship tracking is interesting to me, it's not just about that.

If a car delivery is delayed by let's say one month, that can add a fair amount of costs like a change in part exchange valuation, MOT and servicing anniversaries, vehicle tax renewals and probably more.

Can anyone confirm if the system the BMW genius use has been updated since 20th August?

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 05:21 AM   #531
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini SE EV, iX3 M Sport Pro

Looks like Dorado Leader may be on the move soon after 2 days in Zeebrugge.
The next stop has come up on the ship route as Antwerp at 20.00 this evening?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 06:26 AM   #532
Esteves
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Pro

in Portugal the last system update was on the 10th of August.... at that time my car was in status 165 and estimated delivery for week 43...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 07:05 AM   #533
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I see Dorado Leader's schedule has changed. It should have been in Zeebrugge tomorrow 29th but it's already been there? Does this mean it's ahead of schedule?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 08:32 AM   #534
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Dorado Leader's current destination has changed from Antwerp to GB Southampton on the route plan. So it's not now going to Bremerhaven!
The BMW call centre (I hesitate to use the word Genius) are still saying that it will be at my dealer by week beginning the 19th September!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 02:04 AM   #535
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Dorado Leader is now well on it's way to Southampton. Due in 2nd Sept 04.00 but looks like it may be early!
Southampton Port says due in from Bremerhaven on 2nd September but we know it hasn't been to Bremerhaven!
I reckon it maybe here today, three days early!

Last edited by EVGirl; 08-30-2022 at 02:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 03:57 AM   #536
EVNorfolk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro on order

Status 165, on transit from China to Bremerhaven, estimated delivery 17 October (which is where it was 10 days or so ago, after losing the date for a while)

So hopefully it’s on the Atlas leader and just not updated the status code
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 03:57 AM   #537
Blaster1956
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 G29 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVGirl View Post
Dorado Leader is now well on it's way to Southampton. Due in 2nd Sept 04.00 but looks like it may be early!
Southampton Port says due in from Bremerhaven on 2nd September but we know it hasn't been to Bremerhaven!
I reckon it maybe here today, three days early!
Similar situation with the Grand Orion last week, it missed out Bremmerhaven but was then anchored off the Isle of Wight for a couple of days so didn't end up being much earlier. Hopefully yours will come straight in without delay though - good luck!

Not sure if anyone else who was on the Grand Orion is tracking their order, but looks like mine is still at Southampton docks Not looking good for the 1st September!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 07:22 AM   #538
sofa
sofa
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

My car was produced on 27/7. Still not on a ship according to the dealer..
Estimate was week 44.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 07:32 AM   #539
JB82
Registered
Rep
Drives: IX3

Hi All,

BMW have told me that my car is at status 195 and is due in week 40 - does anybody know which ship it may be on?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 07:52 AM   #540
BimmerStanMan
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A5; iX3 MSport Pro soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB82 View Post
Hi All,

BMW have told me that my car is at status 195 and is due in week 40 - does anybody know which ship it may be on?

Thanks!!
Most likely to be Grand Vega, due into Southampton on 13 September. I am also being quoted week 40 and my status changed to 195 2 days after Grand Vega departed Dalian port.

Link below to track it:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-356909000
Attached Images

Last edited by BimmerStanMan; 08-30-2022 at 08:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 09:52 AM   #541
kmacca007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3 M Sport Pro

Anyone any idea what vessel is next due into Dalian?

Most of the ones I've tracked are miles away I don't have access to all the tracking, scheduling.

Still status 165
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 12:10 PM   #542
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster1956 View Post
Similar situation with the Grand Orion last week, it missed out Bremmerhaven but was then anchored off the Isle of Wight for a couple of days so didn't end up being much earlier. Hopefully yours will come straight in without delay though - good luck!

Not sure if anyone else who was on the Grand Orion is tracking their order, but looks like mine is still at Southampton docks Not looking good for the 1st September!
Thanks for that information. No luck here I'm afraid now anchored off the Isle of Wight! Maybe there for a couple of days not due in port until the morning of 2nd September!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 01:56 PM   #543
EndoViper
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbim2022 View Post
Their system sucks, No one knows for sure.. I have seen the system the genius or bmw dealer a working on.. . And the status code, doesnt always change. Neither does the acutal location or next location, but somehow suddenly is changes.. so tired of their system... have they told you thatbthe esitimated arrival has slipped, or do you just imagine it has slipped do to the codes?

Just got another update and been told the following:

"The current order status is 'Exit from port or compound' (195). Your car has now left the port and is being transported from to the UK.

There is currently no delivery date available on my system. I'm not aware of the reason why but hopefully this will be updated soon. At this stage, all I can do is encourage you to regularly check the status of your order to stay updated.

The status code was updated on the 23rd of August. "

So, from that date, would that indicate our car is potentially on the Atlas Leader or the Grand Vega Leader? I am thinking the Atlas?

Last edited by EndoViper; 08-30-2022 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 02:05 PM   #544
JB82
Registered
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerStanMan View Post
Most likely to be Grand Vega, due into Southampton on 13 September. I am also being quoted week 40 and my status changed to 195 2 days after Grand Vega departed Dalian port.

Link below to track it:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-356909000
Thanks that’s great - I will keep an eye on it!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 03:21 AM   #545
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ´23 iX3 M Sport Charged

Quote:
Just got another update and been told the following:

"The current order status is 'Exit from port or compound' (195). Your car has now left the port and is being transported from to the UK.

There is currently no delivery date available on my system. I'm not aware of the reason why but hopefully this will be updated soon. At this stage, all I can do is encourage you to regularly check the status of your order to stay updated.

The status code was updated on the 23rd of August. "

So, from that date, would that indicate our car is potentially on the Atlas Leader or the Grand Vega Leader? I am thinking the Atlas?
Grand Vega left Dalian around 2nd of August
      08-31-2022, 04:02 AM   #546
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Hello,

If it helps, especially as this thread is pretty long now, I've gone through both this thread and the free ship tracking data to put together a table that shows the approximate departure dates from Dalian (China) and arrival dates into Southampton (UK) from the past few months.

Many thanks,
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
GaSelle180.50
EVGirl28.50
      08-31-2022, 04:03 AM   #547
EndoViper
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSelle View Post
Grand Vega left Dalian around 2nd of August
Would that be too early if our status was updated on the 23rd August though? Or does it take that long to update?

We were originally told the car would arrive in the UK mid to late September but, a couple of weeks ago, that changed to mid to late October...now being told don't have an estimated delivery date.

The Atlas Leader is showing it left Dalian on 22nd August so I thought maybe ours was on that one and that's why the status changed on the 23rd August.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 04:10 AM   #548
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Would that be too early if our status was updated on the 23rd August though? Or does it take that long to update?

We were originally told the car would arrive in the UK mid to late September but, a couple of weeks ago, that changed to mid to late October...now being told don't have an estimated delivery date.

The Atlas Leader is showing it left Dalian on 22nd August so I thought maybe ours was on that one and that's why the status changed on the 23rd August.
My order status was updated the day after Grand Vega left Dalian. So I would assume your car is on Atlas Leader then
      08-31-2022, 04:11 AM   #549
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeXi View Post
Hello,

If it helps, especially as this thread is pretty long now, I've gone through both this thread and the free ship tracking data to put together a table that shows the approximate departure dates from Dalian (China) and arrival dates into Southampton (UK) from the past few months.

Many thanks,
Brilliant idea. But as I don´t live in the UK I can add, that Grand Vega is due in Bremerhaven on the 10th of September
      08-31-2022, 04:23 AM   #550
EndoViper
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSelle View Post
My order status was updated the day after Grand Vega left Dalian. So I would assume your car is on Atlas Leader then
Fingers crossed
Appreciate 0