View Single Post
      11-01-2022, 09:46 AM   #170
BrockDM
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC

As the temps are starting to drop here in Chicago I figured I would mount the winters a little early. I usually wait until late November but I was sorta forced to with the sale of my BC Forged ha.

So here is the winter setup!

Japan Racing SL01 in Matte Black
20x10 et25 squared
25lbs/ea

Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 N-Spec
275/40/20

Now the disclaimer....
These wheels popped up and were a great deal back in July. I paid roughly $1600 shipped from the UK to the US and purchased through Driftworks. They take roughly 2-3 weeks to make. They are custom offsets via Japan Racing. Fedex took absolutely forever to release them from customs which I get it. That's the world we live in now. They ended up losing one wheel and later finding it... All said and done, it was roughly 10 weeks from the day I ordered until I had all 4.

A few cavoites:
- The quality of wheel finish is ok. I usually don't like doing matte wheels and prefer satin due to a little better durability. I double ceramic coated these in hopes that would help the longevity of them.
- Lug bolts... I later found out that the lug holes on these wheels are cut to tuner spec meaning the hole is literally 21mm wide. This unfortunately led me to removing my stud conversion because the lug nuts would not fit in the wholes. You NEED internally driven lug bolts to run these wheels. I opted for Otis Inc LA bolts. They are a bit pricey but awesome quality.

Overall they are a nice set of wheels for the price but keep the above in mind. Now on to the fitment!

Max Well4734.50
TonySD60.00
AlexFL7836.00
-JLT-3445.50
///minh564.00