View Single Post
      05-29-2022, 04:41 PM   #74
BrockDM
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC

G8X Engine Cover Retrofit / RK Tunes Intakes / Blackline Engine Caps

Next on the mod list was a little project I wanted to tackle for quite a few weeks now.

I installed a set of RK Tunes front mount intakes. I won't go into too much detail because these are pretty popular around here and the install was a breeze. However, I added a little twist. I wasn't a fan of the colored air filters so I picked up a set of aFe pro dry filters which have a white media. It flows much better with the color scheme that I have going on.

It doesn't stop there though. I didn't fancy the look of having no engine cover and I don't care for the big air box lid either. So I picked up a G8X M3 engine cover and modded it a little bit to fit.

I removed the back most and front most vertical edges to allow the cover to slide under the rain deck and I cut the front M logo off to allow plenty of clearance to the intake cross over pipe. Using a dremel and plastic cutting wheel it was a breeze.

The two passenger side mounting posts should like up perfectly and then I relocated one of the drive side posts, closest to the windshield into a pre drilled hole. It appears some manifolds come with them and some don't. Mine did and I was able to line up 3 out of the 4 OE mounting posts. I simply zip tied the driver side front corner of the cover and it's held in place nice and secure! I also removed the oil tube extension since it's not needed anymore. It just unbolts and the engine cap fits back on. Tossed on some Blackline billet caps and the bay is coming together nicely!

RK Tunes Intakes with aFe Filters

G8X Engine Cover Retrofit

Finished Product

Last edited by BrockDM; 03-13-2023 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 4
r33_RGSport12967.50
dooo97.00
R0ot.Us3r228.50