BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-28-2023, 10:33 AM   #1
FierceLux
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Pre-conditioning Remote Start feature

First, I'm not a car enthusiast. Not at all. I am about to reach 500 miles on my 2024 X3 M40i. This is my first luxury vehicle and i just want to stay i absolutely love the pre-conditioning feature! It was cold this morning. I used it for the first time. The car was nice and warm, including the steering wheel by the time i entered the car.

So far one of my biggest issues is the seat. Coming from a VW Touareg with leather seats where i used to drive on long road trips for 15-20 hours and the seats were very comfortable, the X3 seat is noticeable not comfortable. I have the sensatec leather seats. After i drove the car for 1 week from the delivery date, i went on Amazon and bought a memory foam seat cushion and it works great!

My second issue is the wind noise when driving at 50 mph or greater. Fortunately, i like listening to music so that's the solution to that problem. I have the factory 20in run flat performance tires. Speaking of music, the first day i took delivery, the sound system was just okay. I have HK. Thank goodness i found a Youtube video with equalizer settings and now my music sounds so much better after i changed the settings.

My 3rd issue is the seat belt. I do not understand why my seat belt keeps twisting up whenever i buckle up. I think it's a design flaw. I have never had this issue with all the past cars i have driven including rental cars.

All that said, I really do like this suv and all the new tech features. It's my first BMW. I'm looking forward to my first cross country road trip with this suv
Appreciate 1
ASAP10581.00
      09-28-2023, 11:28 AM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceLux View Post
First, I'm not a car enthusiast. Not at all. I am about to reach 500 miles on my 2024 X3 M40i. This is my first luxury vehicle and i just want to stay i absolutely love the pre-conditioning feature! It was cold this morning. I used it for the first time. The car was nice and warm, including the steering wheel by the time i entered the car.

So far one of my biggest issues is the seat. Coming from a VW Touareg with leather seats where i used to drive on long road trips for 15-20 hours and the seats were very comfortable, the X3 seat is noticeable not comfortable. I have the sensatec leather seats. After i drove the car for 1 week from the delivery date, i went on Amazon and bought a memory foam seat cushion and it works great!

My second issue is the wind noise when driving at 50 mph or greater. Fortunately, i like listening to music so that's the solution to that problem. I have the factory 20in run flat performance tires. Speaking of music, the first day i took delivery, the sound system was just okay. I have HK. Thank goodness i found a Youtube video with equalizer settings and now my music sounds so much better after i changed the settings.

My 3rd issue is the seat belt. I do not understand why my seat belt keeps twisting up whenever i buckle up. I think it's a design flaw. I have never had this issue with all the past cars i have driven including rental cars.

All that said, I really do like this suv and all the new tech features. It's my first BMW. I'm looking forward to my first cross country road trip with this suv
No two people fit a seat the same way, so the design is intended to please a majority based on standardized mannequins used in engineering development. The only way to assess this for any given individual is a pre-purchase drive.

Please explain in more detail what you mean by the seatbelt "twisting up". One side of the belt folds over to reveal the other as you pull it out of the b-pillar?
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 11:29 AM   #3
chhappy7
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: TBD

Seat - this seems to vary person to person but if you have ventilated seats, it seems that the seats are less comfortable. I have the non ventilated and I was initially a bit uncomfortable after 2 ish hours, but that turned out to be because I forgot to adjust the lumbar support.

Wind noise - this also appears to be a common complaint for those with regular glass. I and others who have the insulated glass don’t appear to have nearly the same level of discontent with wind noise.

Seatbelt - this point is something I personally never experienced or have seen mentioned on the forum. Not sure what you mean by it twisting up when you buckle up.
      09-28-2023, 11:34 AM   #4
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhappy7 View Post
Wind noise - this also appears to be a common complaint for those with regular glass. I and others who have the insulated glass don’t appear to have nearly the same level of discontent with wind noise.
I ordered a fairly loaded 2024 X3, but did not see an option for insulated glass. Where is this found please?
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 11:36 AM   #5
chhappy7
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
I ordered a fairly loaded 2024 X3, but did not see an option for insulated glass. Where is this found please?
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1598454

It was an option that could be ticked. Not sure if that option has been taken away recently though.
Sportstick5035.50
      09-28-2023, 12:58 PM   #6
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

the remote start feature is one of my absolute favorites as well... in the heat, it cools off your car nicely
      09-29-2023, 01:16 PM   #7
Joralemon st.
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 xDrive30i M Sport

Does your car have lumbar support? I think the X3 seats are incredibly comfortable after you adjust them, but it's subjective.

The seat belt just does that. It's not a design flaw. It makes sure the tension is correct. If you pay attention you'll notice that it doesn't do that when you buckle up, rather when you start driving.
Appreciate 0