BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-10-2022, 12:13 PM   #23
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
The only restrictions I currently know of on the M Series production lines are the touchpad for the idrive controller, the RFID Smart card access, and the Wireless charger (which was removed by design not supply). The M line is protected from shortages thus far, the lesser series are not, ie the touch screen and sound systems etc.. that you keep hearing about... This is straight from BMW manufacturing because I use the same suppliers and talk to BMW manufacturing engineers occasionally on site. We're all facing the same issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 02:22 PM   #24
bear1m
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

I texted my CA and he will send me the list tomorrow when he is at work. fingers crossed my build isn't missing anything! note: the list I saw was the original email from BMW corporate.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 02:52 PM   #25
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
The only restrictions I currently know of on the M Series production lines are the touchpad for the idrive controller, the RFID Smart card access, and the Wireless charger (which was removed by design not supply). The M line is protected from shortages thus far, the lesser series are not, ie the touch screen and sound systems etc.. that you keep hearing about... This is straight from BMW manufacturing because I use the same suppliers and talk to BMW manufacturing engineers occasionally on site. We're all facing the same issues.
Agreed - I placed an order for an X3MC today and was basically told the same by my CA.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 04:22 PM   #26
bear1m
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

got the information from my CA (full list of all vehicles, not just for X3M). it seems like this is for BMW Canada only so other countries may not be affected in the same way. looks like the X3M/X4M is only affected by not getting the Parking Assistant Plus w/Surround View (5DN) (i.e. the 360 cam).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 04:53 PM   #27
Travisbach2381
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1m View Post
got the information from my CA (full list of all vehicles, not just for X3M). it seems like this is for BMW Canada only so other countries may not be affected in the same way. looks like the X3M/X4M is only affected by not getting the Parking Assistant Plus w/Surround View (5DN) (i.e. the 360 cam).
No 360 would be a deal breaker for me.
Appreciate 0