BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-17-2021, 04:56 PM   #23
comber
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4 M40i

I've just noticed that I have lost recommended tyre pressure in the iDrive tyre monitor. I still can see current pressure and temperature, but recommended pressure is not showing anymore. I've tried to reset settings but after completing the pressure analysis while moving, nothing else appears.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 07:59 AM   #24
dreamtheater39
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X4 M Sport X 3.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad4 View Post
This has nothing to do with CarPlay/ AA - doesn't not change function. BMW iDrive 7 only allows 1 "navigation" source at a time. That is, you can use BMW map, or CP/AA map.. but for Navigation, you will get the one you chose. That is, If you want to keep BMW in IC and HUD for Nav, then just use BMW Nav. Using CarPlay or AA for navigation will pre-empt the BMW nav.
This is software controlled and I'm not sure if there's a flag we can code to control this behavior. For example, if you use Google maps on carplay...you get to see bmw maps on the instrument cluster while nav data shows up on the center screen and hud.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 06:41 AM   #25
dreamtheater39
Private
Rep

I tried to do this today but I fail to get select view on my I drive under hud settings. I have Configure View option instead

What am I missing?

EDIT:
I had to enable M_MENUE option as well....and after this I got the "Select view" option instead of configure view. Now I've successfully switched to Mview!!!

But now I have an additional M Setup menu in my settings screen....where you can configure M1 and M2 shortcut buttons for M cars.

Last edited by dreamtheater39; 06-19-2021 at 08:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 08:10 AM   #26
comber
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by comber View Post
I've just noticed that I have lost recommended tyre pressure in the iDrive tyre monitor. I still can see current pressure and temperature, but recommended pressure is not showing anymore. I've tried to reset settings but after completing the pressure analysis while moving, nothing else appears.
Anyone else noticed this?

Thx.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 11:38 AM   #27
xeacott
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

Friendly bump - super interested in this and will also be performing these modifications
Appreciate 1
avi662675.00
      06-25-2021, 09:28 PM   #28
dreamtheater39
Private
Rep

Quote:
Anyone else noticed this?

Thx.
Yes, me too ....recommended pressure is missing!

Have another question on dzm_variente....I have a diesel 3.0d which is tuned to 265bhp which red lines at around 4k rpm. What do I pick in dzm_variente for my engine? It's a b57 engine which is not in the listed options. The current marking shows 6.5k for red line which is unattainable on my engine!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 06:04 AM   #29
comber
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheater39 View Post
Yes, me too ....recommended pressure is missing!

Have another question on dzm_variente....I have a diesel 3.0d which is tuned to 265bhp which red lines at around 4k rpm. What do I pick in dzm_variente for my engine? It's a b57 engine which is not in the listed options. The current marking shows 6.5k for red line which is unattainable on my engine!
Only S58 and S63 are working so I'm afraid you will have to live with that...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 06:49 AM   #30
dreamtheater39
Private
Rep

Quote:
Only S58 and S63 are working so I'm afraid you will have to live with that...
Yep, cycled through all options...no dice.

I tried switching the mgu to a different startup animation (bmw i style) and after the ecu rebooted I started getting a bunch of errors on bimmercode.

And now every time I code I get this error on bimmercode (attached screenshot)

I'm wondering if it's because of the changes made in mgu for the m-hud? Or is something else messed up?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 07:27 AM   #31
comber
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Yep, cycled through all options...no dice.

I tried switching the mgu to a different startup animation (bmw i style) and after the ecu rebooted I started getting a bunch of errors on bimmercode.

And now every time I code I get this error on bimmercode (attached screenshot)

I'm wondering if it's because of the changes made in mgu for the m-hud? Or is something else messed up?
I think this used to be a common error when people that had second party Apple Carplay activation tried to use Bimmercode on iDrive 6. No idea why is happening now in your iDrive 7. Try to restore using a backup.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 01:48 AM   #32
Douggie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1, X3

Has anyone tried to revert back to normal? It seems that these codes changed more stuff than the surface and now I am unable to switch off the "Speed limit info" and the "Display excess speed" in the Idrive HUD settings. I can toggle the check box, but it does not respond.

I have made sure that I set it back to "Standard" in the Idrive before coding the items back to the original settings.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 01:54 AM   #33
dreamtheater39
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggie View Post
Has anyone tried to revert back to normal? It seems that these codes changed more stuff than the surface and now I am unable to switch off the "Speed limit info" and the "Display excess speed" in the Idrive HUD settings. I can toggle the check box, but it does not respond.

I have made sure that I set it back to "Standard" in the Idrive before coding the items back to the original settings.
No issues here....guess you skipped getting a couple flags back to their defaults?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 03:05 AM   #34
comber
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggie View Post

Best way is to apply a backup, Bimmercode can do it for you. At least on Android, you can apply backup on every module independently, so you do not lose all other changes made in other modules.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 04:51 AM   #35
Douggie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No issues here....guess you skipped getting a couple flags back to their defaults?
I guess it's possible. Lol. I just followed the list for the HU module in the 1st thread and deactivated one by one.

BTW there's two M_MOTOR entries in the post.

Edit: Tried again but still the same.

The two empty checkboxes can be selected but it does not change the HUD display

Last edited by Douggie; 07-06-2021 at 06:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 09:24 PM   #36
Douggie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Best way is to apply a backup, Bimmercode can do it for you. At least on Android, you can apply backup on every module independently, so you do not lose all other changes made in other modules.
Thanks. I tried to do a recovery (Android) on both the HU and DKOMBI module and still the same.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 11:12 AM   #37
dreamtheater39
Private
Rep

Try toggling the setting on idrive....coding a change on the ecu....and then restoring back to the backup on bimmercode
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 02:27 PM   #38
sinbad4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
As I mentioned in my original post.. it's possible to get into situation with settings you cannot later change.

When you configure options AFTER configuring things like "M-HUD" - i.e. setting HUD to M-Sport, those options may remain even after resetting / restoring from backup. This is bc the coding is not setting the options, you are later. Further, after restoring code from backup will make it impossible to fix (without further coding) as you no longer have the ability to "uncheck" those options as a user. The only way to fix is to re-code M-HUD and then undo those settings you did from the BMW Infotainment center, then restore from backup.

That is, there are two sets of settings: 'BimmerCode Coded' via App and 'User Coded' options set in the BMW Infotainment center.

Naturally, BimmerCode cannot restore settings you have tweaked as a user via BMW - it only knows about the settings you configured.

Please re-read my original post as I go into more detail. Douggie I don't know if that is your issue, but it may be (larger issue of setting a "new" option and then having it get stuck - even after restoring).
      07-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #39
Douggie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
As I mentioned in my original post.. it's possible to get into situation with settings you cannot later change.

When you configure options AFTER configuring things like "M-HUD" - i.e. setting HUD to M-Sport, those options may remain even after resetting / restoring from backup. This is bc the coding is not setting the options, you are later. Further, after restoring code from backup will make it impossible to fix (without further coding) as you no longer have the ability to "uncheck" those options as a user. The only way to fix is to re-code M-HUD and then undo those settings you did from the BMW Infotainment center, then restore from backup.

That is, there are two sets of settings: 'BimmerCode Coded' via App and 'User Coded' options set in the BMW Infotainment center.

Naturally, BimmerCode cannot restore settings you have tweaked as a user via BMW - it only knows about the settings you configured.

Please re-read my original post as I go into more detail. Douggie I don't know if that is your issue, but it may be (larger issue of setting a "new" option and then having it get stuck - even after restoring).
Thanks sinbad4. I have tried coding M Hud again and made sure I disabled the two items in the "Edit M View", and set the HUD back to "Standard", followed by the un-code. Still the same.

I have also contacted Stephen at BC and he said try to restore both the HU and DKOMBI modules. Still not working. He also mentions that I can try to unplug the battery to force reboot the modules, but I have not tried (doesn't quite make sense)

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 03:25 AM   #40
dreamtheater39
Private
Rep

Alright found another interesting way...

Use Protool, connect to your ecu and head to the coding section. The difference is it shows each flag that you can code and shows what the factory default value is for the flag. So you could manually check each flag and see if something is not at factory default.

Also, on protool searching for "mview" in expert mode shows all mview flags from all sub sections in a single list....making it easy to find everything in 1 go (compared to bimmer code)
Appreciate 1
Douggie142.00
      07-12-2021, 11:35 AM   #41
sinbad4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Alright found another interesting way...

Use Protool, connect to your ecu and head to the coding section...
I see "ProTools" in Apple App Store, is that what you're referring to? Ah.. or maybe ProTool Android only @ Play Store.
      07-13-2021, 05:19 AM   #42
Adeel_ssj4
Rep
Drives: X3 G01

Is there a way to code this into idrive6? Just for the HUD?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 08:43 AM   #43
dreamtheater39
Private
Rep

Quote:
I see "ProTools" in Apple App Store, is that what you're referring to? Ah.. or maybe ProTool Android only @ Play Store.
Yep I guess it's an android only tool at the moment - and a really good tool! Works on a standard enet cable with adaptor
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 01:54 AM   #44
FranklinTsui
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/ G20 330i/ F36 435i/SRR

I tried this with my 2019 G20 330i, the only thing got changed was there is "M view" in the control panel, however, whenever I selected "M view" or "Standard", the HUD remains the standard one. I followed every procedures twice but still didn't work. Did I miss anything or it doesn't work on the g20? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0