BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3/X4 Forums BMW X3M (F97) and X4M (F98) General Forum (2018+) Video Review of my X3M

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2020, 02:54 PM   #1
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2078
Rep
4,920
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Video Review of my X3M

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Eventually I'll get there with the video quality, so bare with me, I'm just getting started with YouTube. Regardless, I hope you enjoy!

Appreciate 26
      04-25-2020, 03:15 PM   #2
AlexFL
Major
1525
Rep
1,412
Posts

Drives: BMW X3MC, Audi RS7 (pre-ord.)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Outstanding job! Finally a review from an actual F97 owner! Would be nice to put this on the main page.

Last edited by AlexFL; 04-25-2020 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 2
smithf802078.00
gen1md1.50

      04-25-2020, 06:07 PM   #3
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2078
Rep
4,920
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Outstanding job! Finally a review from an actual F97 owner! Would be nice to put this on the main page.
Thanks, I truly am very happy with the car.
Appreciate 3
      04-25-2020, 06:28 PM   #4
Dethsupp0rt
First Lieutenant
Dethsupp0rt's Avatar
United_States
222
Rep
391
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3MC
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Nice job.

I agree about the ride. I have no idea what people are complaining about. They apparently expect M cars to ride like their non-M brethren or something, and all the non-M cars have become way too soft recently.

It used to be you could buy any BMW and have a sporty car, but that's not the case any more. Leave the M cars like they are please.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow4791.00

      04-25-2020, 07:25 PM   #5
rfranklin
Enlisted Member
22
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: ‘19 M240i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Buffalo, NY

iTrader: (0)

Great video. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new M3 is with the S58 setup as well. I currently have a 2019 M240i and am debating upgrading next year. On the fence between the X3M and the new M3. Decisions, decisions! Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #6
aw305
Lieutenant
aw305's Avatar
United_States
454
Rep
465
Posts

Drives: F97 X3MC Alpine White
Join Date: May 2015
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Nice job.

I agree about the ride. I have no idea what people are complaining about. They apparently expect M cars to ride like their non-M brethren or something, and all the non-M cars have become way too soft recently.

It used to be you could buy any BMW and have a sporty car, but that's not the case any more. Leave the M cars like they are please.
Right. I didn't buy an x3mc and expect to have a floaty luxury car
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow4791.00

      04-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #7
SWOT1
The Hammock Man
SWOT1's Avatar
United_States
396
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: X3MC, X3 M40i, E93 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Well done, nice review!
__________________

- '20 X3MC | Alpine White | Black Alcantara/Midrand Beige | loaded | 295/265 PS4S
- '09 E93 M3 | Alpine White | Bamboo Beige Novillo | DCT | loaded | Chrome M220 Wheels - 275/255 PSS
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 09:52 PM   #8
DC F97
M-Noob
DC F97's Avatar
United_States
306
Rep
535
Posts

Drives: 2020 F97 X3M
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Long Island ny

iTrader: (0)

I spy with my little eye....crest hollow country club on Jericho Tpke. Got married there. Lol
Great review....and I agree with others.... the reviews from actual owners are much more honest because we have time to get to know and understand and most importantly appreciate the vehicle for what it is. it’s also nice to see a review through the eyes of someone who has owned other m cars.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow4791.00

      04-26-2020, 09:00 AM   #9
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2078
Rep
4,920
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Nice job.

I agree about the ride. I have no idea what people are complaining about. They apparently expect M cars to ride like their non-M brethren or something, and all the non-M cars have become way too soft recently.

It used to be you could buy any BMW and have a sporty car, but that's not the case any more. Leave the M cars like they are please.
Exactly, it makes no sense. I think people forget this is an M car, and everything that comes with it. You wouldn't complain about the ride in an M3, so don't complain about it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfranklin View Post
Great video. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new M3 is with the S58 setup as well. I currently have a 2019 M240i and am debating upgrading next year. On the fence between the X3M and the new M3. Decisions, decisions! Thanks for sharing!
Both would be best

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOT1 View Post
Well done, nice review!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC F97 View Post
I spy with my little eye....crest hollow country club on Jericho Tpke. Got married there. Lol
Great review....and I agree with others.... the reviews from actual owners are much more honest because we have time to get to know and understand and most importantly appreciate the vehicle for what it is. itís also nice to see a review through the eyes of someone who has owned other m cars.
Ah wow, yes, good eye! Hopefully, given my past F80 ownership, this can provide some good insight.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 11:40 AM   #10
pluckydks
Private First Class
United_States
148
Rep
174
Posts

Drives: 2005 M3 ZCP, 2020 X3MC
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: DEU --> SATX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf80 View Post
Exactly, it makes no sense. I think people forget this is an M car, and everything that comes with it. You wouldn't complain about the ride in an M3, so don't complain about it here.
That was my favorite part of the video!
__________________
2005 Estoril Blue M3 ZCP
2020 Phytonic Blue X3M Competition
Appreciate 1
smithf802078.00

      04-26-2020, 12:48 PM   #11
Xnfris
Private
United_States
24
Rep
87
Posts

Drives: 2016 328i m sport
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Nice review. Totally agree about ride comfort.

And you are proof that BMW drivers do actually use turn signals. Lol
Appreciate 1
themnmd640.50

      04-26-2020, 01:07 PM   #12
r33_RGSport
Lieutenant General
r33_RGSport's Avatar
United_States
5346
Rep
13,580
Posts

Drives: 997.1 C4S / F39 X2 / F97 X3MC
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (4)

Nice video.
__________________
Email: sales@rgsport.com === IG: RGSport_USA
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 02:17 PM   #13
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2078
Rep
4,920
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnfris View Post
Nice review. Totally agree about ride comfort.

And you are proof that BMW drivers do actually use turn signals. Lol
Hah, I almost made a comment about that in the video, because I always use them. I was waiting for someone to say something

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Nice video.
Thank you!
Appreciate 1
Xnfris24.00

      04-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #14
cfm56d7b
Major General
United_States
2059
Rep
5,403
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (2)

Great review with many comments which reinforced the validity of my shopping list (although it features X4MC). Nominating your video for E[///M]my awards.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL1525.00
smithf802078.00

      04-28-2020, 11:56 AM   #15
PIEZON
Lieutenant
PIEZON's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
526
Posts

Drives: In The Market For A New One
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southwest NJ

iTrader: (1)

Excellent review! Best wishes with it!!!
__________________
2005 X5 4.4 Jet Black (past) | 2007 X5 4.8 Sapphire Black (past) | 2007 X3 3.0 Sapphire Black (past) | 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo JBM (past) | 2011 X3 35i M sport Carbon Black (past)
Appreciate 1
smithf802078.00

      04-29-2020, 06:45 AM   #16
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2078
Rep
4,920
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Great review with many comments which reinforced the validity of my shopping list (although it features X4MC). Nominating your video for E[///M]my awards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIEZON View Post
Excellent review! Best wishes with it!!!
Thank you both!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 10:52 AM   #17
AlexFL
Major
1525
Rep
1,412
Posts

Drives: BMW X3MC, Audi RS7 (pre-ord.)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

It says it was featured on bimmerpost but I don’t see it there.
Appreciate 1
smithf802078.00

      04-29-2020, 10:56 AM   #18
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2078
Rep
4,920
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
It says it was featured on bimmerpost but I donít see it there.
Hmm, odd. mkoesel any idea whats up? Is the forum bugging out or did I make the front page?
Appreciate 1
DC F97306.00

      04-29-2020, 12:29 PM   #19
Max Well
Lieutenant Colonel
Max Well's Avatar
2476
Rep
1,620
Posts

Drives: '20 BSM X3MC, '20 PB X3MC
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Southeast USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
It says it was featured on bimmerpost but I donít see it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf80 View Post
Hmm, odd. mkoesel any idea whats up? Is the forum bugging out or did I make the front page?
Something similar happened to my 'X3MC Delivered' thread back in Sep 2019. Jason indicated that sometimes threads are put in a queue to go live a day or so later, so suspect it should be showing up soon.

And thanks for your great video!
Appreciate 3
smithf802078.00
mkoesel5720.00
AlexFL1525.00

      04-29-2020, 12:36 PM   #20
AlexFL
Major
1525
Rep
1,412
Posts

Drives: BMW X3MC, Audi RS7 (pre-ord.)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Just appeared
Appreciate 1
smithf802078.00

      04-29-2020, 12:52 PM   #21
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2078
Rep
4,920
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Something similar happened to my 'X3MC Delivered' thread back in Sep 2019. Jason indicated that sometimes threads are put in a queue to go live a day or so later, so suspect it should be showing up soon.

And thanks for your great video!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Just appeared
Thank you!
Appreciate 1
AlexFL1525.00

      04-29-2020, 12:56 PM   #22
IB M
Colonel
1452
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Nice car.

I would buy this over the new upcoming G80M.
Appreciate 1
smithf802078.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST