BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-09-2020, 03:00 PM   #1
E92B1MMER
Rep
Drives: 12 335i M, 14 X1, 13 X3

2013 F25 X3 28i Passenger Seat Won't Move

Hi all,

I'm having issues with the passenger seat not moving forward and back nor the back reclines in anyway. I've read that it could be due to the module in the seat side. Anyone else had this issue and found a diy for the fix?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92B1MMER View Post
Hi all,

I'm having issues with the passenger seat not moving forward and back nor the back reclines in anyway. I've read that it could be due to the module in the seat side. Anyone else had this issue and found a diy for the fix?

Thanks
Could be the fuse or maybe the under seat connector somehow got pulled away from its socket or chafed wiring. Have you checked? Do any of the other seat adjustments work? Does your seat heating work?

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 07:47 AM   #3
TEF
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 X3 28d/18 540d xdrive

Garage List
2018 540d xdrive  [0.00]
2018 540d xdrive  [0.00]
2016 X3 28d  [0.00]
I had identical problem with passenger seat and took it to the dealer (under warranty). Dealer called in less than hour and claimed it was a fuse. No details were provided on service sheet, but have not had repeat of problem since repair.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 11:38 PM   #4
E92B1MMER
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Could be the fuse or maybe the under seat connector somehow got pulled away from its socket or chafed wiring. Have you checked? Do any of the other seat adjustments work? Does your seat heating work?

Quote:
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Sorry guys, it's been raining non-stop here in SoCal didn't get around to troubleshoot the seat. Good news it was the #53 30 fuse. I noticed the fuse was different kind than all the other ones. Replaced it with similar fuse and viola! Thank you so much!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 07:43 AM   #5
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry guys, it's been raining non-stop here in SoCal didn't get around to troubleshoot the seat. Good news it was the #53 30 fuse. I noticed the fuse was different kind than all the other ones. Replaced it with similar fuse and viola! Thank you so much!
Great, love it when its an easy fix. Getting at that fuse is the most difficult thing! Now, question is.. .. why did it blow. You said it looked different than the others...in what way? That is a sign that someone may have had a seat issue before and found the fuse blown but replaced it with the wrong one. If you still have the blown fuse, can you post a pic of it here? Also let us know what the amperage of that fuse is.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 09:36 PM   #6
E92B1MMER
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Great, love it when its an easy fix. Getting at that fuse is the most difficult thing! Now, question is.. .. why did it blow. You said it looked different than the others...in what way? That is a sign that someone may have had a seat issue before and found the fuse blown but replaced it with the wrong one. If you still have the blown fuse, can you post a pic of it here? Also let us know what the amperage of that fuse is.
Here's the fuse I took off
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 10:12 PM   #7
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That does not look like an OEM fuse. Is it different than the others in the fuse box? They should all look like these from the factory which means someone had to replace that fuse before so just keep an eye on it and have a few more on hand. If it blows again, try and notice it asap so you can associate it with something that was going on with the seat.
With a new fuse in place, experiment with the seats controls, including heating if it has it. In other words, try to blow it so you know what action makes it blow and then troubleshoot from there.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-23-2020, 01:47 PM   #8
E92B1MMER
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That does not look like an OEM fuse. Is it different than the others in the fuse box? They should all look like these from the factory which means someone had to replace that fuse before so just keep an eye on it and have a few more on hand. If it blows again, try and notice it asap so you can associate it with something that was going on with the seat.
With a new fuse in place, experiment with the seats controls, including heating if it has it. In other words, try to blow it so you know what action makes it blow and then troubleshoot from there.

Quote:
Quote:

It was different than all other fuses. I put similar fuse and played around with all the settings and worked well. No issues :
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #9
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It was different than all other fuses. I put similar fuse and played around with all the settings and worked well. No issues :
Ok, so the fact that the fuse was in fact different means its blown before. Its ok to be different provided its the same rating and type of fuse but seeing that its different is a sign that it needed replaced. So, the question is why?

Anyway, now that you know, it will be easier to troubleshoot because you will be on alert with super crisp observation skills which will enable you to precisely determine the exact moment in time when it fails and what led up to it
Appreciate 0