BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-18-2022, 03:42 PM   #1
00pj
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Stuck Quality Check for over a month, do I give up?

Hello everyone!

I placed my X3 M40i order on 1/31 and it promptly moved through the process until 2/20 when it hit the Quality Check step. I figured everything would work out well so I sold my car as I had a good offer and couldn't refuse and went carless. My dealer said all is good for some time in March.

Well I cursed myself as I have had no change since then and nothing but "just wait" from dealer, BMW Genius, and anyone I can bug.

I'm wondering if its impacted by the conflict in Ukraine. Anybody else stuck here for this long? If there was 1 feature that is holding this all up, I would love to see if its even important enough for me to hold up the car but nobody will give me details.

Would you cancel the order if you were in my place?

Anybody else in a similar situation?

Here are some basic choices I made as part of the order:
  • Brooklyn Grey/Tacora Red/Open pore wood trim
  • Driver Assistance Package
  • Parking Assistance Package
  • Premium Package
  • 20" M Double-spoke black HP Non RF
  • Trailer Hitch
  • Red calipers

I can't rent cars forever and the stress of not having more control over my circumstances makes me want to give up. I was hoping for better transparency and even if they told me I'd get it in April, I can at least plan for that. Right now, I'm in limbo.

Anyway, glad to have this forum to vent.

Thanks!
PJ
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 04:37 PM   #2
Zeffy
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3

So I was in a similar situation. Ordered in January 26ish, got a prod number and soon there after got a vin. Car build was completed on the 24th of February and stood there until just this Monday. Now it’s stuck at awaiting carrier assignment. I also got rid of my car but I have a second one so it wasn’t that big of a deal. Give it another week. It will be worth the wait. Hopefully I’ll get mine as well.
Appreciate 0