BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-28-2021, 03:24 AM   #23
emargul
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaHamster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorr View Post
My car went into production in the last couple days. On the VIR from last Friday it lists the deletion of digital key, but on the site under standard features there's no mention of it, just like yours.
My production is now completed and mdecoder shows digital key as well as passenger lumbar, BUT it also shows manual transmission , so I called BMW, and was told no digital key, no passenger lumbar/width adjustment
Out of curiosity, did you order ventilated seats? I noticed that when you add ventilated seats it puts back passenger lumbar, but width is still deleted.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 07:17 AM   #24
ScubaHamster
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40I; Honda Passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by emargul View Post
Out of curiosity, did you order ventilated seats? I noticed that when you add ventilated seats it puts back passenger lumbar, but width is still deleted.
I wanted them, but no, I didn't order them since this option removes sport seats. I saw ventilated seats at my dealership and didn't like them at all - I posted the pic somewhere on this forum. I am not sure if ordering them gives you back pass lumbar support - unless someone here knows, I would confirm with BMW - maybe it never meant to be there
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 04:24 PM   #25
kimsmoltz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 G01 X3 M40i

i just took delivery of my m40i with ventilated seats and it has passenger lumbar. the digital key was deleted.

i can still use the app to unlock/lock the car
emargul204.50
      08-30-2021, 09:07 PM   #26
DCC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmoltz View Post
i just took delivery of my m40i with ventilated seats and it has passenger lumbar. the digital key was deleted.

i can still use the app to unlock/lock the car
Congrats on the new X3!

When selecting the front ventilated seat option, there is a note saying that the standard “sport” seat is replaced by standard seats and the seat width adjustment is also deleted.

So my question is regarding the lumbar feature, they are still there for both front seats on the ventilated seat option correct?

Thanks in advance

2024 M2, 2024 CGT4RS, 2020 M2 CS, 2021 Macan GTS, 2017 Cayenne S, 2002 M Coupe
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 09:01 PM   #27
kimsmoltz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 G01 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCC View Post
Congrats on the new X3!

When selecting the front ventilated seat option, there is a note saying that the standard “sport” seat is replaced by standard seats and the seat width adjustment is also deleted.

So my question is regarding the lumbar feature, they are still there for both front seats on the ventilated seat option correct?

Thanks in advance
thanks! i’m absolutely loving it so far.

you’re correct, both front seats have lumbar support but no width adjustment.
Appreciate 0