BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-01-2021, 07:39 PM   #1
x4mamba
X4MAMBA
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW x4m40i, Bmw 328i

Custom Front Mount Intake N55

Is anyone interested in a front mounted N55 intake?

I'm not satisfied with the current options that still use the stock air box and engine bay air, those hot air intakes are pointless to me for $200-$600.

After some measurements and knuckle bruising i think I found a good formula to replace the stock air filter and have a front mounted cold air intake. Replicating those super expensive intakes that don't exist for us.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has wanted to do this or if I'm just wasting my time.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 11:42 PM   #2
Pkeefe11
Pat Keefe
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4mamba View Post

I'm not satisfied with the current options that still use the stock air box and engine bay air, those hot air intakes are pointless to me for $200-$600.

After some measurements and knuckle bruising i think I found a good formula to replace the stock air filter and have a front mounted cold air intake. Replicating those super expensive intakes that don't exist for us.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has wanted to do this or if I'm just wasting my time.
Yes! Reviving this thread but I was thinking about it as well. Currently have the BMS intake and was looking for an intake that replaces the stock plastic piping
      05-27-2021, 09:00 AM   #3
x4mamba
X4MAMBA
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW x4m40i, Bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkeefe11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x4mamba View Post

Yes! Reviving this thread but I was thinking about it as well. Currently have the BMS intake and was looking for an intake that replaces the stock plastic piping
[/QUOTE]
Yes! Reviving this thread but I was thinking about it as well. Currently have the BMS intake and was looking for an intake that replaces the stock plastic piping[/QUOTE]

I was at a raw materials shop and this could be done with some silicon angles and a few pipes.
Also saw some carbon fiber tubing that could be fun to add some bling under the hood
Appreciate 0