BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-25-2021, 01:22 PM   #45
kevinkay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

****CORRECTED thanks to gugin***********

coded sunroof to close when parked if it rains or left open for 6 hours.
after coding check option in Idrive.
Senses water on the windshield rain sensor and closes panoramic skylight to vent (or closed see post #49 below) position.

BDC_BODY2 _00001DF7 3514 PwMaster, 0F KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB

FZD2 _00001D93 Regenaktiv
FZD2 _00001D93 Regenaktiv_robust

HU_NBT2 _00001EF6 3000 HMI REGEN_SCHLIESSEN

Last edited by kevinkay; 02-27-2021 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 2
      02-26-2021, 12:54 PM   #46
gugin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Thanks, Kevin. Are you sure you need all of them? The automatic closing of the roof should work with just KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB, Regenaktiv, Regenaktiv_robust, and HMI REGEN_SCHLIESSEN. The first two items seem to be related to automatic mirror folding.

ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN: Kommentar=Spiegelbeiklappen bei Komfortschließen
ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN: Kommentar=ASP ausklappen bei Entriegeln, wenn zuvor durch Komfortschließen beigeklappt wurde 0 - nicht ausklappen 1 - ausklappen
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 12:59 PM   #47
kevinkay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
Thanks, Kevin. Are you sure you need all of them? The automatic closing of the roof should work with just KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB, Regenaktiv, Regenaktiv_robust, and HMI REGEN_SCHLIESSEN. The first two items seem to be related to automatic mirror folding.

ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN: Kommentar=Spiegelbeiklappen bei Komfortschließen
ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN: Kommentar=ASP ausklappen bei Entriegeln, wenn zuvor durch Komfortschließen beigeklappt wurde 0 - nicht ausklappen 1 - ausklappen

NO, I am not sure....
It is not my original work, I copied from somewhere else, I will re-code with your corrections, test and then amend my post.
THANKS!

EDITED BELOW***********
OK, I am sure. removed those 3 coding changes in the body CAFD's (you mentioned 2), partially opened the sunroof (same as original test), shut the car down, waited, then sprayed the windshield and the sunroof actually fully opened instead of closing !!
I was so convinced you were correct as I myself questioned the comfort access coding, but apparently all or at least one of those are needed.

Last edited by kevinkay; 02-26-2021 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 11:05 PM   #48
gugin
United_States
Rep

I am not surprised that it failed when you removed all three coding changes in BDC_BODY2. I think that coding KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB = aktiv [00] is required. There seem to be two relevant settings in BDC_BODY2 1DF7: KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB and KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB. The Esys comments explain them as follows:

KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB: comfort opening over remote control (FBD)
active (00): possible in near and far range
not active (01): possible only in near range

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB: comfort closing over remote control (FBD)
active (00): possible in near and far range
not active (01): possible only in near range

For US cars, KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB = aktiv [00] and KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB = nicht_aktiv [01]. This is because it is illegal in the US for the car to automatically close something when the driver is not around. In Europe, both are coded as aktiv [00].
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 11:21 PM   #49
gugin
United_States
Rep

When I compared US and Euro coding, here is what I came up with:

Code:
ECU        File      Branch                       FLD                                    Function (conjecture)       USA                Europe
--------- --------  ----------------------------  -------------------------------------  -------------------------   ----------------   ----------
BDC_BODY2 _00005FA9  3110 PfExternalMirrorMaster  ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN  Mirror folding              nicht_aktiv [00]   aktiv [01]
BDC_BODY2 _00005FA9  3110 PfExternalMirrorMaster  ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN   Mirror folding              nicht_aktiv [00]   aktiv [01]
BDC_BODY2 _00001DF7  3514 PwMaster                KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB                  Roof closing when raining   nicht_aktiv [01]   aktiv [00]
FZD2      _00001D93  3009 SHD                     Regenaktiv                             Roof closing when raining   nicht aktiv [00]   aktiv [01]
FZD2      _00001D93  3009 SHD                     Regenaktiv_robust                      Roof closing when raining   nicht aktiv [00]   aktiv [01]
FZD2      _00001D93  3009 SHD                     StatusRCTime                           Roof closing when raining   Nicht Aktiv [00]   Defaultwert [06]
HU_NBT2   _00001EF6  3000 HMI                     REGEN_SCHLIESSEN                       Roof closing when raining   nicht_aktiv [00]   aktiv [01]
FZD2 _1D93 has one more setting of interest: Regenposition. The possible coding values are gehoben [00] and geschlossen [01]. It is coded gehoben [00] for all cars, which means that the sunroof will close to its tilted open position. You can try coding it to geschlossen [01] to see if it closes all the way.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2021, 10:29 AM   #50
kevinkay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am not surprised that it failed when you removed all three coding changes in BDC_BODY2. I think that coding KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB = aktiv [00] is required. [00].
i feel like I am back in school doing a problem on the black board and the teacher is correcting me........

YES, Komfortschliessung_FB active makes it work
AND your suggestion on Regenposition to geschlossen [01] makes it completely close.
THANK YOU!!

I did not re-code the head unit, but if I had is it possible that the head unit would see the change in the FZD (roof function unit) and change the Idive description from tilt to close??

While I have the professor's attention.....I coded BDC_BODY: VAM_DISABLE_OPEN_LID_AT_NOT_UNLOCKED to Aktiv but with the car locked if I hold the trunk button the car unlocks and the hatch opens. What am I doing wrong?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #51
gugin
United_States
Rep

No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkay View Post
I did not re-code the head unit, but if I had is it possible that the head unit would see the change in the FZD (roof function unit) and change the Idive description from tilt to close??
It would not change anything. The description is hard-coded in the head unit's firmware. When I analyzed Regenposition in Esys, it is set to gehoben [00] for literally all cars. It suggests that BMW never envisioned the description in iDrive to be conditional on the setting of Regenposition. Frankly, I am surprised that changing it to geschlossen [01] even had an effect. I thought that it would be one of those settings that seems promising to code only to find out that the car pays no attention to it.

Quote:
While I have the professor's attention.....I coded BDC_BODY: VAM_DISABLE_OPEN_LID_AT_NOT_UNLOCKED to Aktiv but with the car locked if I hold the trunk button the car unlocks and the hatch opens. What am I doing wrong?
What are you trying to do? Do you want the hatch to open only if the car is unlocked? I.e., when you press the trunk button on the remote and the doors are unlocked, the trunk opens. But when the doors are locked, the press of the button simply does nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 12:13 PM   #52
kevinkay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

What are you trying to do? Do you want the hatch to open only if the car is unlocked? I.e., when you press the trunk button on the remote and the doors are unlocked, the trunk opens. But when the doors are locked, the press of the button simply does nothing.
YES
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 07:55 AM   #53
kevinwoods
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

While I have the professor's attention.....I coded BDC_BODY: VAM_DISABLE_OPEN_LID_AT_NOT_UNLOCKED to Aktiv but with the car locked if I hold the trunk button the car unlocks and the hatch opens. What am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

I coded this a while ago as well. one day I went to a shopping center and came back seeing the car trunk was opened and the car itself was locked.
I wonder if any other code needs to be activated along with this.
Appreciate 1
kevinkay271.50
      04-10-2021, 02:01 PM   #54
gugin
United_States
Rep

I'll look into it. For now, see the attached file with all the settings in BDC_BODY2. I auto-filtered it to the settings that include "LID_". Maybe you'll see another setting there that may need to be coded in conjunction with AM_DISABLE_OPEN_LID_AT_NOT_UNLOCKED. The comment on VAM_DISABLE_OPEN_LID_AT_NOT_UNLOCKED says that it's "only for LA GB," so it very well could be that some other settings that are active in the UK (if that's what GB stands for) need to be activated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BDC_BODY2.zip (224.3 KB, 175 views)
Appreciate 1
kevinkay271.50
      04-10-2021, 09:30 PM   #55
gugin
United_States
Rep

kevinkay and kevinwoods: Did you by any chance use BimmerCode to code your remote key or are you using factory stock unmodified remote?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 04:37 AM   #56
kevinkay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
kevinkay and kevinwoods: Did you by any chance use BimmerCode to code your remote key or are you using factory stock unmodified remote?
factory remote/key
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 09:10 AM   #57
gugin
United_States
Rep

Strange. It is a mystery to me why it does not work. VAM_DISABLE_OPEN_LID_AT_NOT_UNLOCKED takes on two values: aktiv [01] and nicht_aktiv [00]. The condition that codes the setting active is
Country_ENGLAND and not(322_COMFORT_ACCESS_SYSTEM) or OENE_OPEN_TAILGATE_AFTER_UNLOCKING
Of particular interest is the OENE aftermarket fitment, also known as HO-Wort or K-Word. The CAFD file describes it as follows: "Ohne K-wort:Schlüssel (dritte Taster) öffnet die Heckklappe in jeden zustand (gesichert, verriegelt, entriegelt) Mit KWort:Schlüssel (dritte Taster) öffnet die Heckklappe nur wenn das Auto entriegelt ist." Google translation: "Without K-word: Key (third button) opens the tailgate in any state (secured, locked, unlocked) With K-word: Key (third button) opens the tailgate only when the car is unlocked." This seems to be exactly the option you want, so I analyzed the settings that get changed when OENE is added as an aftermarket fitment to my car. Unfortunately, the only setting that gets changed is VAM_DISABLE_OPEN_LID_AT_NOT_UNLOCKED from not_active to active. However, it does not work for you.

You haven't selected "Tailgate and door(s)" in the iDrive setting by any chance, have you? Tailgate must be selected.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
kevinkay271.50
      04-11-2021, 09:17 AM   #58
kevinkay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

You haven't selected "Tailgate and door(s)" in the iDrive setting by any chance, have you? Tailgate must be selected.

YES!
That did it, BRAVO!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 04:41 PM   #59
kevinkay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

tried to add weather band radio, coded in BDC_BODY
RADIO_WEATHERBAND - aktiv

thought I would get a new choice for the weather band? (I didn't)

be nice to assign a button to instant local weather in that monotone voice? - "winds southwest 8-12 knots"........
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 02:45 AM   #60
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
tried to add weather band radio, coded in BDC_BODY
RADIO_WEATHERBAND - aktiv

thought I would get a new choice for the weather band? (I didn't)

be nice to assign a button to instant local weather in that monotone voice? - "winds southwest 8-12 knots"........
Weatherband only worked on HU_CIC.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 05:29 AM   #61
kevinkay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

How do you code for "service history"?

If have HU-NBT2 I can't code for it?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 12:05 PM   #62
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
How do you code for "service history"?

If have HU-NBT2 I can't code for it?
Like this:
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 09:27 AM   #63
chesterflaps
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Msport X30D

Sorry to comment on an old thread but I wondered if you could me understand where I can find coding information? I have the same car but 30D.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
Hey folks,
I spent today doing a bunch of FDL coding on my 2019 X3 30i using Esys. There are a few things that are not working as expected and hoping to gain some insight.

- Digital Speedometer: I coded KI_DISP_CB_SPEED_DIGITAL to Aktiv, but there was no change. Still only get the large digital speedometer in Sport Mode only, which I believe is a stock setting. Is there another setting to code that will show digital speedometer in all driving modes, mainly comfort?

- Alpina style gauges: I coded ALPINA_ENABLE to Aktiv in Kombi2 but that did nothing

- Enhanced BT (EBT): I coded a large number of settings that I found across a few forums. I have Office (SMS etc...) working but cannot connect more than 1 phone still, and when streaming music, I cannot see the entire playlist, just select previous or next song

Screen Mirroring: I've got this working as tested with an LG phone, but I can't get my Essential Phone PH-1 to work. On the phone when I go to cast, I see the BMW but it just says connecting and times out. Does this just mean the phone itself is not compatible for some reason?

Email: Everything car wise should be enabled but I can't figure out how to set it up through Connected Drive portal. There is no option in my account to set up emails. Any direction here is appreciated.

Warnings: I coded everything out, but I did catch a warning when clicking reply on an SMS. How to code this out?

Seatbelt warning. How to code out the chime when driving without a seatbelt?

Could I have done anything to muck up the avg mileage in the instrument display? I went for a short drive today and it wouldn't move from 20L/100km, and drove real slow for a few mins to try and get it down and it never changed. I'll check again tomorrow and see, might have just been a blip

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 02:14 PM   #64
kevinkay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterflaps View Post
Sorry to comment on an old thread but I wondered if you could me understand where I can find coding information? I have the same car but 30D.

Thank you.
I do not have/use this system but it was suggested to me by someone very much in the know.

Watch the FDL youtube demo, it gives a good overview of Esys

https://www.bimmerutility.com

Last edited by kevinkay; 04-30-2022 at 04:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 11:34 PM   #65
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterflaps View Post

Thank you.
What kind of coding information?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 08:14 PM   #66
howe9191
Private
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6, 2013 F30 328i

Garage List
2012 M6 F13  [10.00]
2013 bmw f30  [10.00]
Hi, just to check for coding G01 does it need turn on the engine or off?

Previously i did coding with my F30 with Esys 3.27 with engine On. (all works)

This is the first time i code G01 (using Esys 3.27) so just to double check if every steps are of the same?
Appreciate 0