BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-23-2022, 11:07 AM   #1585
Jasonmichaeljones
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40I, 2012 135I Vert

Anyone getting any pricing under MSRP for a loaded X3 M40I right now?

My 2020 X3 (about 31K miles) is loaded with every option except the M differential and a dealer has been hounding me since my last service to trade in my vehicle on a new one. They said not a penny under MSRP for my replacement.

I understand it is a sellers market, but why would i just sell my car to CarMax then if I am going to get the same deal as any other shmuck walking in the door. This is the same dealer that lost my business in 2019 when they told me essentially the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 11:16 AM   #1586
Flippco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 XM40i, Honda Passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonmichaeljones View Post

My 2020 X3 (about 31K miles) is loaded with every option except the M differential and a dealer has been hounding me since my last service to trade in my vehicle on a new one. They said not a penny under MSRP for my replacement.

I understand it is a sellers market, but why would i just sell my car to CarMax then if I am going to get the same deal as any other shmuck walking in the door. This is the same dealer that lost my business in 2019 when they told me essentially the same thing.
Not here, I'm currently on a waitlist. I did find out I qualified for the military incentive and possibly others if they are available when I take delivery.

There are a few dealers within an hour and a half for me and I would prefer to stay somewhat local.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 11:42 AM   #1587
jikhead
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonmichaeljones View Post
I've been collecting offers for about a week now and have been contacting dealers all around; contacted some that others said got a decent discount off MSRP. I'm trying to determine if a larger dealership would likely make a better deal based on quantity they sell/order....or would it be better to try a smaller dealership that doesn't move too many cars/orders in a month. San Antonio brags that they are the largest BMW dealership in the USA.

Updated list: after visiting my local dealer this evening to drive a used M40i and to get a quote from them, I've realized some of my statements below were incorrect. SA said shadowline is currently not available according to their updated BMW site. Recorder not listed anywhere. HK and wireless charger available come April builds. After getting this news, I rechecked some my offers below and updated them.
Fleming in NJ - MSRP
Richmond VA via my PenFed/TrueCar recommendation - MSRP
Greenville, SC - best offer thus far; about $900 off MSRP but they have stupid doc fees that take it to really about $400-500 off MSRP UPDATED: This was all incorrect. They left off all the extra options I listed that could not be included in the online build. Their quote actually is MSRP.
Dallas BMW - physically went by Saturday while visiting and salesperson said they'll only do orders for locals within the Dallas zip codes.
Sewell in Grapevine, TX - said they don't participate in BMW PC & plant pickup and told me good luck!
San Antonio BMW - still waiting on a quote
Tulsa BMW - $5k over MSRP & $500 doc fee!
Tyler TX - about $500 off MSRP UPDATED: This was all incorrect. They left off all the extra options I listed that could not be included in the online build. Their quote actually is MSRP.
Shreveport, LA - no response back
NW Ark BMW - acknowledged my request but rep hasn't texted back or emailed me
Memphis BMW - about $500 off if financing, MSRP if cash
Patrick BMW Chicago - still waiting on a quote
Little Rock BMW - MSRP thus far but was going to give them last opportunity once I'm done collecting offers to see if they'll beat best offer.

I'm likely going to have to settle for MSRP and $129 doc fee with my local dealer. Then hope to negotiate some discounts upon financing. If they still won't offer anything, then I'll write them a check and use my own financing.

Last edited by jikhead; 03-23-2022 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: incorrect information
Appreciate 4
Flippco1155.00
Artdnj394.00
      04-05-2022, 10:15 AM   #1588
bowerythrowaway
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikhead View Post
I've been collecting offers for about a week now and have been contacting dealers all around; contacted some that others said got a decent discount off MSRP. I'm trying to determine if a larger dealership would likely make a better deal based on quantity they sell/order....or would it be better to try a smaller dealership that doesn't move too many cars/orders in a month. San Antonio brags that they are the largest BMW dealership in the USA.

Updated list: after visiting my local dealer this evening to drive a used M40i and to get a quote from them, I've realized some of my statements below were incorrect. SA said shadowline is currently not available according to their updated BMW site. Recorder not listed anywhere. HK and wireless charger available come April builds. After getting this news, I rechecked some my offers below and updated them.
Fleming in NJ - MSRP
Greenville, SC - best offer thus far; about $900 off MSRP but they have stupid doc fees that take it to really about $400-500 off MSRP UPDATED: This was all incorrect. They left off all the extra options I listed that could not be included in the online build. Their quote actually is MSRP.
Dallas BMW - physically went by Saturday while visiting and salesperson said they'll only do orders for locals within the Dallas zip codes.
Sewell in Grapevine, TX - said they don't participate in BMW PC & plant pickup and told me good luck!
Tyler TX - about $500 off MSRP UPDATED: This was all incorrect. They left off all the extra options I listed that could not be included in the online build. Their quote actually is MSRP.
Little Rock BMW - MSRP thus far but was going to give them last opportunity once I'm done collecting offers to see if they'll beat best offer.

I'm likely going to have to settle for MSRP and $129 doc fee with my local dealer. Then hope to negotiate some discounts upon financing. If they still won't offer anything, then I'll write them a check and use my own financing.
I've searched the tri-state area too and have only gotten MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 10:45 AM   #1589
jikhead
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowerythrowaway View Post
I've searched the tri-state area too and have only gotten MSRP.
I reached out to a few additional dealers beyond what I listed above; still only got told MSRP. One additional dealer in my state, they never replied back. I reached out to the PA dealer mentioned in another post that was running online ads below MSRP; but they too said MSRP on the M40i.

I ended up just using my local dealer & put my deposit down this past Saturday. MSRP + $129 doc fee. My next plan would be to have advance financing from either USAA or PenFed, and to try to sell my Audi beforehand. When I have to talk with the finance manager & they try to get me to use their financing, then I'll try to get $1-2k off and matching interest rate.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 11:01 AM   #1590
Flippco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I reached out to a few additional dealers beyond what I listed above; still only got told MSRP. One additional dealer in my state, they never replied back. I reached out to the PA dealer mentioned in another post that was running online ads below MSRP; but they too said MSRP on the M40i.

I ended up just using my local dealer & put my deposit down this past Saturday. MSRP + $129 doc fee. My next plan would be to have advance financing from either USAA or PenFed, and to try to sell my Audi beforehand. When I have to talk with the finance manager & they try to get me to use their financing, then I'll try to get $1-2k off and matching interest rate.
I have MSRP out of three dealers in the Minneapolis area and wait-listed, oh well!

Dealers have all sorts of financing options other than BMWFS, mine is going to work the best deal at the time of delivery to include the most military incentive possible. I had no idea if you have an immediate family member you are eligible, so be sure to check the qualifications!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 10:32 AM   #1591
jikhead
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippco View Post
I have MSRP out of three dealers in the Minneapolis area and wait-listed, oh well!

Dealers have all sorts of financing options other than BMWFS, mine is going to work the best deal at the time of delivery to include the most military incentive possible. I had no idea if you have an immediate family member you are eligible, so be sure to check the qualifications!
Does a deceased father that was in the air force count? Granted even if it did/does, I'd likely only be able to dig up an old B&W photo somewhere with him in his uniform.
Appreciate 1
Flippco1155.00
      04-07-2022, 11:40 AM   #1592
Flippco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Does a deceased father that was in the air force count? Granted even if it did/does, I'd likely only be able to dig up an old B&W photo somewhere with him in his uniform.
My father has also passed and was in the Army, it worked for me. You have to go through a verification process through ID.me. Be sure to have his social security number.

https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offer...saArUgEALw_wcB

If you can't find his information, check with your local VA office, they may be able to pull the discharge information. The ID.me verification was very quick.

Last edited by Flippco; 04-07-2022 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Updated information
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 09:38 AM   #1593
G80S58
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Xdrive, X3 M40i LCI

Quote:

Fleming in NJ - MSRP

Great info here, after a month of calling dealers up and down the East coast, I have given up and just decided to go back to my last dealer (Circle BMW) and making a purchase at MSRP, their doc fee is high at $699 but I had good experience with them last time, their Finance guy didnt put me to buy an BS options and their Service Center took care of me too.

One dealership in Edison,NJ wanted to charge me a $399 Window etching fee for a USED vehicle, I laughed in their face and walked out.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 10:27 AM   #1594
jikhead
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I watch https://joinyaa.com/ videos on YouTube to keep up with trends. Yeah window etching is claimed to be an extra security feature, but literally doesn't do anything at all; just a stupid unnecessary BS expense for the customer & a profit generator for the dealer.

You should try and get them to at least charge you the average doc fee for NJ which according to this, is $399.
https://joinyaa.com/guides/car-dealer-doc-fee-by-state/

Last edited by jikhead; 04-11-2022 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 03:05 PM   #1595
G80S58
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Xdrive, X3 M40i LCI

My M40i order just got accepted today, now the wait begins!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 04:11 PM   #1596
misterdom
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i AW/TacRed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G80S58 View Post
My M40i order just got accepted today, now the wait begins!
Congrats!! Did you call or email and find out what build week they are estimating for your new ride?
      04-14-2022, 12:30 PM   #1597
jikhead
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I placed my order on 4/2/22. Dealer/SA can't tell me build week yet as BMW hasn't notified them yet. My SA had told me beforehand that they had available allocation slot(s) for May and that my likely delivery would be in June or July.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 02:14 PM   #1598
wingaling
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 30i

Placed my order last weekend for a 30i and have a week 20 build. Couldn't be more excited to get this car. Dealer agreed to $500 off MSRP. Was very tempted to go m40i (dealer agreed to $1000 off MSRP) but between the long waits/delays and my dealer not having any m40i allocation slots, I ultimately didn't want to deal with the uncertainty.

Here's my build:
- M Sport package
- Alpine White
- Black Sensatec
- 19" M Y-spoke bi-color wheels (887M)
- Premium package
- Live Cockpit Pro
- Remote Start

Black grille and black badges are in the mail. Would have loved to go with bigger wheels but I live in a snowy state and am not ready to commit to swapping summer/winter tires.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see wireless charging as an available option in the dealer system, but opted against adding it based on other members' reviews of overheating/slow charging.
Appreciate 1
Artdnj394.00
      04-18-2022, 09:05 PM   #1599
Pearsman
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22' X3 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Placed an order for an X3 M40i on 4/4. Still waiting on a production number, dealer said 10-12 weeks for delivery and an allocation was not an issue so hopefully sometime in June for delivery? Family owned a 13' M6 Convertible at one point but other than that this will be my first BMW and I am stoked for it, the short wait is well worth it to get exactly what I want. I really wanted the extended shadowline package but dealer said that if it isn't on the website I couldn't order it? Seems a little weird since I have seen some saying they have been able to add it on the dealer side? I told them to keep me updated if it becomes available in time. Agreed to MSRP, dealer didn't really sound like they wanted to budge and I am a first time customer of theirs. The doc fee was $799, seems really high to me... They had dingshield and permaplate added to the car too but I won't be getting those from them, gonna bring it to a local place to have front PPF, tint, and ceramic pro done after delivery.

Here's my build:
- Alpine White
- 20" Double Spoke 699M Jet Black
- Cognac Vernasca Leather
- Carbon Fiber Trim
- Parking Assist Package
- Premium Package
- Heated Front and Rear Seats
- Rear Manual Side Window Shades
- Red Calipers
- M Sport Differential
- Harmon Kardon Sound
- Drive Recorder
- Space-Saver Spare
- Passenger Width/Lumbar Delete
- Remote Start
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 09:24 AM   #1600
jikhead
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearsman View Post
Placed an order for an X3 M40i on 4/4. Still waiting on a production number, dealer said 10-12 weeks for delivery and an allocation was not an issue so hopefully sometime in June for delivery? Family owned a 13' M6 Convertible at one point but other than that this will be my first BMW and I am stoked for it, the short wait is well worth it to get exactly what I want. I really wanted the extended shadowline package but dealer said that if it isn't on the website I couldn't order it? Seems a little weird since I have seen some saying they have been able to add it on the dealer side? I told them to keep me updated if it becomes available in time. Agreed to MSRP, dealer didn't really sound like they wanted to budge and I am a first time customer of theirs. The doc fee was $799, seems really high to me... They had dingshield and permaplate added to the car too but I won't be getting those from them, gonna bring it to a local place to have front PPF, tint, and ceramic pro done after delivery.
I am in the same boat as you; placed order on 4/2 and told about the same thing on delivery but I'm doing PC pickup at the plant. Your doc fee isn't too far off the average in TN. https://joinyaa.com/guides/car-dealer-doc-fee-by-state/ As for the shadowline package, it is available. My SA used a specific website but wasn't listed. He said the SM/GM have access to another site that lists more details availabe and the SM was able to add it to my build order. You may want to have them check again.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 09:46 AM   #1601
misterdom
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearsman View Post
I am in the same boat as you; placed order on 4/2 and told about the same thing on delivery but I'm doing PC pickup at the plant. Your doc fee isn't too far off the average in TN. https://joinyaa.com/guides/car-dealer-doc-fee-by-state/ As for the shadowline package, it is available. My SA used a specific website but wasn't listed. He said the SM/GM have access to another site that lists more details availabe and the SM was able to add it to my build order. You may want to have them check again.
Same here. The shadow was available on the dealer website and indeed shows up on my order. I ordered 3/4/22. Shadow, HK and wireless were all not on the BMW configurator but SA was able to add to my order.
      05-02-2022, 06:01 PM   #1602
SGHCU95
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40 Dark Graphite

Just got my allocation for X3 M40:
Dark Graphite
Black sensatec
Extended Shadowline
Parking Assist
Harman Kardan
Premium Package
19" wheels all season tires
Dark oak trim.....
THE WAIT BEGINS....production date 6/13!!!!

UPDATE:
Build completed yesterday, several weeks early! Now just have to wait until 6/23 for PCD!!

Last edited by SGHCU95; 05-26-2022 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 06:24 PM   #1603
misterdom
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGHCU95 View Post
Dark Graphite
Black sensatec
Extended Shadowline
Parking Assist
Harman Kardan
Premium Package
Dark oak trim.....
Congrats - nice spec!
That's only 6 weeks! Things might be getting better. I'm on week 9 supposed to start build next week (week 19)
      05-02-2022, 07:06 PM   #1604
SGHCU95
Private
Rep

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdom View Post
Congrats - nice spec!
That's only 6 weeks! Things might be getting better. I'm on week 9 supposed to start build next week (week 19)
Thank you! Super excited! Took 3 weeks to get the allocation, but it does seem things are taking a turn for the better!

Congrats on your build!! You don't have much longer now
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 09:13 PM   #1605
Flippco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGHCU95 View Post
Dark Graphite
Black sensatec
Extended Shadowline
Parking Assist
Harman Kardan
Premium Package
Dark oak trim.....
Did you get your allocation confirmation this week? I’m holding hope that I get an allocation this week still.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 05:17 AM   #1606
SGHCU95
Private
Rep

Allocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippco View Post
Did you get your allocation confirmation this week? I’m holding hope that I get an allocation this week still.
I got mine Friday night. I was very surprised bc the dealer said they would get allocations this week. I hope you get yours this week!
Appreciate 1
Flippco1155.00