BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-23-2024, 10:29 AM   #1
Leem40i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Great service

So I took my X4 m40i in to get some warranty issues taken care of. I have the issue with the interior ambient lighting, rear wheels have some type of delamination happening with the clear coat, one of the front boots that cover the struts was torn.

Everything was taken care of under warranty except for the wheels. Those are pending upon further review from BMW corporate. I was actually surprised that in order to fix the problem with the boot being torn they replaced both front struts and did an alignment. Nice having a three-year-old vehicle with new struts. The ambient lighting got repaired same way it shows in the service bulletin, basically replacing the light strips and the LED module. That took some time which resulted in me being in a loaner 330i for a few days. It got towards the weekend and they were not going to finish in time because of some complications with the doors. I told them that I was moving my mother-in-law this weekend and needed the SUV. They said no problem and put me in the X3 that I'm in now.

During the work they sent me an invoice showing everything that was done and a place for me to esign my approval. At the beginning of the invoice is a video and when you click on it it's the technician that worked on your vehicle taking you on a complete walkthrough on the whole vehicle showing that he inspected all the major areas to make sure everything else was good to go on the vehicle. I was very impressed with the technician. He wasn't your normal Grease Monkey but was very articulate and had a great attention to detail work ethic. I even went back to the mechanics area and complimented him in person.

To be honest, I was expecting the worst from this particular dealership but overall it's probably been one of the best experiences I've ever had getting work done on my car.
Appreciate 2
BMWbiker383.50
JDsX3507.00
      03-23-2024, 08:06 PM   #2
BMWbiker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive wagon

That’s great.

Which dealership? I don’t live anywhere near you, but it’s always good to know who the good ones are.
      03-23-2024, 08:24 PM   #3
mikenice12
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 X3 M40i, '17 X3

I just had a very similar experience at BMW of Tampa. They were excellent to work with, the videos before and after were a nice touch for sure
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 08:49 PM   #4
Leem40i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbiker View Post
That’s great.

Which dealership? I don’t live anywhere near you, but it’s always good to know who the good ones are.
Tallahassee
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 07:14 AM   #5
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Exceptional dealership are out there, glad you have one near by...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 07:32 AM   #6
Leem40i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBMWX5MC View Post
Exceptional dealership are out there, glad you have one near by...
The funny thing is I was warned not to go to this dealership because of the bad experiences people have had. A group of BMW Enthusiast at our car club said to see a particular service advisor. That's what I did and I'm glad.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2024, 11:03 AM   #7
Florida-X3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 x30i / '12 Infiniti M37

I can say that BMW of Sarasota is the same way, one of the reason's when we went from our X5 to the X3 we stayed with this dealership. Our buying and servicing experience has been excellent.
Appreciate 0