BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-18-2019, 07:01 PM   #1
TYPEM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G01 X3

20" sDrive 30i Tire Pressure?

Hello All,

Need your help. X3 has been getting the TPMS malfunction a few times and brought it in for service last time and they didn't see anything.

Yesterday, It recently came up again, I then noticed under the tire settings under the "Summer Tire" selection, it says "Other" vs. a specific rear tire size selection. I changed it to the correct tire size 20" and now have a low pressure warning to inflate.

The tire pressure is correctly set at 32 front and 35 rear per the door jamb for cold air PSI by the dealer.

The recommended per the screen says 47 PSI.
What should I be running? I am in Northern California.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #2
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYPEM View Post
Hello All,

Need your help. X3 has been getting the TPMS malfunction a few times and brought it in for service last time and they didn't see anything.

Yesterday, It recently came up again, I then noticed under the tire settings under the "Summer Tire" selection, it says "Other" vs. a specific rear tire size selection. I changed it to the correct tire size 20" and now have a low pressure warning to inflate.

The tire pressure is correctly set at 32 front and 35 rear per the door jamb for cold air PSI by the dealer.

The recommended per the screen says 47 PSI.
What should I be running? I am in Northern California.

Thanks!
32 psi front and 35 psi rear is correct for the 20" summer. Not sure why iDrive would recommend 47psi???

Sometime iDrive would recommend a slightly higher psi if the temp is higher. But should not be high as 47!
Appreciate 0