BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-04-2023, 02:10 AM   #1
apanner
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2013

BMW x3 2013 - engine Light

I have replaced the used engine... old one composition power not enough so he suggested replace it. instead of fixing that...

Mechanic said it was a good engine.. engine is fine.. there is an issue in Turbocharger Intercooler-Air Inlet... There was a leak but he fixed it with glue . smoke tested now it's fine..

after reaching home engine light came in dash board
but car vehicle status check is ok . really strange .. how to get rid of engine light from the dashboard...

I ve run through bimmerlink scanner these error stored

Error Memory Date:
10 Central gateway module 1 error
801C20: Central fault memory full

12 Motor electronics 1 error
118001: Mixture control: Mixture too lean

29 Dynamic stability control MK60 E5 1 error
4809AB: Global power supply - external undervoltage

Could you please tell me what the issue is and how to get rid of it?
is it battery issue or any sensor issue ?

please help me

Thx
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2023, 10:35 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Not sure what your problem is…but the CEL and Vehicle Status are TWO different systems…which is why you can have a CEL but Vehicle Status is OK.

The CEL (check engine light) is associated with the OBD II federal mandate that started in 1996 in the US market…and rolled out to other markets over the following decades. The OBD II mandate is to check the car’s emissions systems to reduce air pollution. So it monitors the car’s fuel/spark/air intake systems to make sure the car is not polluting. And it created a standard system across all car manufactures for scanning access and retrievable diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs).

The Vehicle Status system is related to the BMW specific CBS (condition based service) system which includes the various service inspections for oil, brake fluid, brake pads, vechicle inspections, and in some cases local or state statutory inspections.

Your CEL appears to be associated with your replacement engine and sensors detecting faults in specific areas (DTCs)”
  • 801C20 ZGM: Recording of measured data deactivated.
  • 118001 Mixture control: Fuel-air mixture too lean

Have you run your hex codes through a decoding site to see if you can get more details? Some of your hex codes have multiple iterations that you may need to look at to determine which one fits your engine/situation. If you’re not familiar with this site linked below…I suggest using AND saving it to your bookmarks for future use. This site will decode the generic OBD II 5 digit CEL/SES/MIL DTCs…as well as the 6 digit BMW hex codes you listed above: https://bmwfault.codes/

OBD II (see 3rd bullet) & compliance by country/markets:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-14-2023 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0