BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-20-2022, 12:55 AM   #23
OPPiuM
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport LCI

I ordered the base variant which does not come with this feature, so I added it as an option. I never used it everyday on my previous car, but I always apreciated it was there when I needed. Now I decoded my VIN and it seems that my car produced July 24 is missing this feature.
I wonder how my dealer/ BMW will handle this since I actually requested and payed for this feature.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 03:11 AM   #24
kevinm03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp Santorini Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPPiuM View Post
I ordered the base variant which does not come with this feature, so I added it as an option. I never used it everyday on my previous car, but I always apreciated it was there when I needed. Now I decoded my VIN and it seems that my car produced July 24 is missing this feature.
I wonder how my dealer/ BMW will handle this since I actually requested and payed for this feature.
What’s your VIN?

Previous: G20 M340i, F36 430d, Mk7 GTI PP, Mk5 GTI ED30
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 03:40 AM   #25
Gnillab
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: G08

Comfort access is an optional extra on the base model in the UK?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 03:47 AM   #26
keninuk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnillab View Post
Comfort access is an optional extra on the base model in the UK?
No. In the UK we have M SPORT and M SPORT PRO with their respective configurations and since they dropped laser lights some months ago, I think the only option that can be specified on either trim level for the vehicle itself in the UK is a tow bar.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 03:55 AM   #27
Gnillab
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: G08

I thought so.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 06:05 AM   #28
kevinm03
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninuk View Post
No. In the UK we have M SPORT and M SPORT PRO with their respective configurations and since they dropped laser lights some months ago, I think the only option that can be specified on either trim level for the vehicle itself in the UK is a tow bar.
Why did they drop laser lights? They can still be specced Ireland...

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 08:08 AM   #29
keninuk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm03 View Post
Why did they drop laser lights? They can still be specced Ireland...
Yes they can. Odd that. There may of course be no vehicles arriving in Ireland with Laserlights fitted.

Customers don't spec these vehicles; BMW build cars and dealers assign cars to customers based on what they would like/available.

It keeps things simple and if you limit the choice to A/B then if a customer wants an iX3, they won't buy something else just because the full beam headlights are a bit brighter.

I don't do a lot of night driving and the LED Adaptive headlights are more than adequate for my needs so I can see where they are coming from.

It does however go against the normal approach of a car manufacturer trying to sell as many expensive optional extras as possible. I am sure the next generation of iX3 will go back to providing an extensive list of optional extras like the i4 etc. Perhaps being produced in China is also why they are trying to keep it simple with the iX3.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 08:42 AM   #30
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
It does however go against the normal approach of a car manufacturer trying to sell as many expensive optional extras as possible. I am sure the next generation of iX3 will go back to providing an extensive list of optional extras like the i4 etc. Perhaps being produced in China is also why they are trying to keep it simple with the iX3.
I'm not convinced that the manufacturing location is the issue here. After all, they are all made in the same factory. And different countries around Europe and the rest of the world all have differing spec levels and different paint colours available. There will be cars destined to UK, France, Germany, Denmark etc all side by side on the production line, with different interior features. It doesn't make a lot of sense to be honest. And now it appears that there will be a lower HP model specifically for Turkey, also alongside the others; I presume this will be a software difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 10:08 AM   #31
keninuk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
I'm not convinced that the manufacturing location is the issue here. After all, they are all made in the same factory. And different countries around Europe and the rest of the world all have differing spec levels and different paint colours available. There will be cars destined to UK, France, Germany, Denmark etc all side by side on the production line, with different interior features. It doesn't make a lot of sense to be honest. And now it appears that there will be a lower HP model specifically for Turkey, also alongside the others; I presume this will be a software difference.
Good point. LHD versus RHD if the hardware for the Laserlights is different?

I really don't know why we no longer get options or features here, but the global situation and chip availability will have something to do with it. Glad I got my car when I did, and the residual looks like it should hold up well with some used prices currently more than I paid new.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 10:32 AM   #32
brownejp
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 MSport Pro Carbon Black

Its a mystery as to why there are different availabilities in different countries.
I though the colour options were left vs right hand drive dependent but Australia gets red and light grey but the UK and Ireland does not.
I have the comfort pack on my iX3 (built in June delivered in October) but no kick to open and no touch on the idrive controller. These are likely chip availability deletions.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 01:46 PM   #33
kevinm03
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes they can. Odd that. There may of course be no vehicles arriving in Ireland with Laserlights fitted.

Customers don't spec these vehicles; BMW build cars and dealers assign cars to customers based on what they would like/available.

It keeps things simple and if you limit the choice to A/B then if a customer wants an iX3, they won't buy something else just because the full beam headlights are a bit brighter.

I don't do a lot of night driving and the LED Adaptive headlights are more than adequate for my needs so I can see where they are coming from.

My car was just delivered with laser lights (built the end of June). When did they drop it for uk cars?

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 02:04 PM   #34
silent ninja
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

I ordered my car recently in the UK. Laser lights were an option, along with towbar.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 09:51 AM   #35
Bevforme
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX50 Aug '22 build

Garage List
2022 BMW iX50  [10.00]
Kick to open tailgate module 5A562D6 61355A562D6 on EBay today… may be useful to someone who wants to retrofit?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2023, 09:27 AM   #36
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownejp View Post
Its a mystery as to why there are different availabilities in different countries.
I though the colour options were left vs right hand drive dependent but Australia gets red and light grey but the UK and Ireland does not.
I have the comfort pack on my iX3 (built in June delivered in October) but no kick to open and no touch on the idrive controller. These are likely chip availability deletions.
I believe Oct made onward will have. My friend vin does not show the 32x deletion.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 03:20 AM   #37
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevforme View Post
Kick to open tailgate module 5A562D6 61355A562D6 on EBay today… may be useful to someone who wants to retrofit?
Did you retrofit yours? When is your car made?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 07:27 AM   #38
Bevforme
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW iX50  [10.00]
I cancelled my order but still like to see what’s going on with fellow forum members cars so I check in on the forum now and then…
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 08:12 PM   #39
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevforme View Post
I cancelled my order but still like to see what’s going on with fellow forum members cars so I check in on the forum now and then…
Most of my friends who collected the car recently where their car is made after September does have the contactless tailgate operation and the writing on the idrive controller. My was made in august and have that two deletion.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 12:41 AM   #40
Bevforme
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW iX50  [10.00]
I feel your pain buddy, it’s a very useful feature which I use all the time on my other cars. I think it is easy to add the module, just need the coding done and good to go.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 02:51 AM   #41
vji6697
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmetbox View Post
Most of my friends who collected the car recently where their car is made after September does have the contactless tailgate operation and the writing on the idrive controller. My was made in august and have that two deletion.
Mine was a Mid Sept build and has both features, so it looks like they got the parts early Sept
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 06:15 PM   #42
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vji6697 View Post
Mine was a Mid Sept build and has both features, so it looks like they got the parts early Sept
Nice. My was late august. Hahah. So sad.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 03:42 AM   #43
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep

Anyone here retrofit the ix3 with contactless tailgate operation?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 12:33 PM   #44
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Well you could argue that as BMW haven’t refunded or reduced the price you have infact paid the feature that they haven’t fitted.
Appreciate 0