BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #1
npendem
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 sDrive

Post My 2022 BMW X3 sDrive Tires needs replacement

Hello There,

I took car to BMW Service center and they have recommended to replace all 4 tires as they were pretty much done for 25k mileage. I have reached out Bridgestone support if any warranty is covered as it claims to be 40K (DUELER H/P SPORT AS RFT), they have mentioned like "We certainly understand your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience. O/E tires are made to the vehicle manufacturer's specification and are not equipped with a tread wear warranty nor a road hazard warranty unless purchased from the dealership at the time of purchase. We encourage you to work closely with the dealership where the vehicle was purchased to come to a resolution regarding their warranty. The dealer is authorized to execute the limited warranty on-the-spot. ".

Did anyone had any credit if from the Dealership in such instances where tires worn out early? Pls advice.

Also, i was recommended with 'Bridgestone DUELER H/P SPORT AS RFT' & 'Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S RFT' to be choose from. Can someone suggest what would be best alternate for DUELER and where to get them installed from considering cost & benefits (rotation/road hazard etc).

I live in Phoenix, AZ.

Thanks for your suggestions, Cheers!!!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #2
COM40
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

I prefer local shops but I've had good luck with discount tire.

If feasible I like to find nearly new takeoffs on marketplace or craigslist and get them installed. It's a near 50% discount. Worth an hr or 2 of my time to save 500 bucks. If you don't mind the RFTs it's quite possible you find someone dumping them shortly after purchase.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #3
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

I suggest never buying tires from a car dealer. They are low on knowledge, low on choices, low on convenience, and high on price. Enter your vehicle model on tirerack.com and read consumer evaluations, test reports, and choose your preference depending on whether you want RFT or not, high performance vs max comfort, etc. Then, in many locations, they have a mobile van with a Road Force Balancer onboard that will come to your home/office and do the installation onsite. Or, buy the same tires from a local shop. I haven’t checked recently, but I recall there is a Michelin ZP (RFT) tire that may be a fit as well.

Last edited by Sportstick; Today at 01:50 AM..
Appreciate 0