BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-25-2022, 11:50 PM   #89
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhiro View Post
I'll call Bimmertech to discuss this as soon as I have a VIN for my build.
Very interested to hear about how they respond.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 12:07 AM   #90
jdhiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias1431 View Post
Very interested to hear about how they respond.
I will report back

I absolutely want to upgrade the amp, and I don't want to disable ASD, or alter the loudness of "system sounds".

I don't want my daily to have worse sound than my weekend "racy car", and I'm heartbroken I can't just order the HK.

2022 X3 M40i
E46 330i ZHP, E90, E89 Z4, F30 320i "Jalopnik Edition", F80 Comp, F80 CS
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 12:06 PM   #91
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
I will report back

I absolutely want to upgrade the amp, and I don't want to disable ASD, or alter the loudness of "system sounds".

I don't want my daily to have worse sound than my weekend "racy car", and I'm heartbroken I can't just order the HK.
You can call and talk to Bimmertech without a vin. Just let them know you have a 22 X3 on order with standard hifi. The questions you have about their amp can be answered without a vin.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 03:02 PM   #92
Burr001
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW x3 m40i  [10.00]
ok quick update on my part.

I sent an email to bimmertech explaining my situation and waited for a response.

Then this morning got in the car and noticed that the exhaust sound was playing through the speakers. Plugged in bimmercode and it said ASD was inactive. Proceeded to code it on and off again and everything went back to what i know as normal.

Got to my destination and after jumping back in the car to start it, I notice the exhaust was louder and playing through the speakers again. So I recoded it active ( because bimmercode shows it was inactive) then inactive and now ASD was off and the blinker sound was back to normal when the car was stock.

In the meantime Bimmertech responded and even sent me a new file to load into the amp.

Now just got home turned the car off and then got back in to restart it and boom ASD seems to be back on with the turn signal louder. So I dont know if its me not using bimmercode properly? but everything else that I coded is still there. Don't think its the current file programed in the amp.

Anyone with a 2022 x3 M40i LCI having issues coding ASD inactive? Or am I doing something wrong?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 04:20 PM   #93
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

BimmerTech is a small company, in the past they have solicited customers to 'volunteer' their car as a means of testing out features/comparability of new products they plan to sell…..I dealt with one of their support people 3+ years ago, he was good but I could tell the company has limited resources.

They are a sales/marketing organization, not a manufacturer.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 05:38 PM   #94
fred312b
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 BMW X3 Xdrive 30e

FYI, of you want to save a few $$$, Kies Motorsports has these at the old price ($1199) plus there’s a GovX discount if you’re eligible. No affiliation, just like a “deal” (if a $1200 amp can be considered a deal)

https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...-premium-audio
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 06:06 PM   #95
DCM40I
Rep
Drives: 04 Honda S2000 & 22 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr001 View Post
ok quick update on my part.

I sent an email to bimmertech explaining my situation and waited for a response.

Then this morning got in the car and noticed that the exhaust sound was playing through the speakers. Plugged in bimmercode and it said ASD was inactive. Proceeded to code it on and off again and everything went back to what i know as normal.

Got to my destination and after jumping back in the car to start it, I notice the exhaust was louder and playing through the speakers again. So I recoded it active ( because bimmercode shows it was inactive) then inactive and now ASD was off and the blinker sound was back to normal when the car was stock.

In the meantime Bimmertech responded and even sent me a new file to load into the amp.

Now just got home turned the car off and then got back in to restart it and boom ASD seems to be back on with the turn signal louder. So I dont know if its me not using bimmercode properly? but everything else that I coded is still there. Don't think its the current file programed in the amp.

Anyone with a 2022 x3 M40i LCI having issues coding ASD inactive? Or am I doing something wrong?
Burr001 -
I'm having the same exact problems. I have coded it, reverted back to a backup then recoded to inactive ASD and after leaving the car for a little bit and then come back in, the car is reverting back to the loud signal and now loud parking sounds. I reduced the exhaust sound in iDrive and that helped at least with the fake exhaust sound, but after trying to turn down gong and parking sound, it's still way too loud. Hoping they can send me a new a new file as well as I just replied back to their support.

I'll keep you posted and keep this posted if you find a solution.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 07:42 PM   #96
jdhiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I contacted Bimmer Tech today too. They didn’t answer my gain question, and responded that ASD deactivation is required.

I don’t really want to do that, so I guess this one is a non-starter for me.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 08:01 PM   #97
Burr001
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM40I View Post
Burr001 -
I'm having the same exact problems. I have coded it, reverted back to a backup then recoded to inactive ASD and after leaving the car for a little bit and then come back in, the car is reverting back to the loud signal and now loud parking sounds. I reduced the exhaust sound in iDrive and that helped at least with the fake exhaust sound, but after trying to turn down gong and parking sound, it's still way too loud. Hoping they can send me a new a new file as well as I just replied back to their support.

I'll keep you posted and keep this posted if you find a solution.

So when i did decode ASD for the third time, all the notifications sounds and such went back to normal. And like DCM40I lose the coded ASD and it all went loud again after restarting.

I don't know if the new file bimmertech sent me is a fix or a quick patch where they lowered a value in the DSP. I won't be able to upload the file till next week when I have free time.

At this point i can live with the increased notification volume for now and lower engine noise if i'm going on a long road trip in the idrive. The upside is I have a decent audio system to listen to and I already have Alpha 1 speakers otw. Will let you know once i have time to install them and see what happens with ASD on/off.

As far as the coding issue, dunno if its a software patch BMW updated. Hopefully bimmercode will have an update as this seems to maybe be isolated to MY22 where ASD reverts?

I will keep you guys up to date.
Appreciate 1
Alias1431799.50
      01-26-2022, 09:09 PM   #98
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
I contacted Bimmer Tech today too. They didn’t answer my gain question, and responded that ASD deactivation is required.

I don’t really want to do that, so I guess this one is a non-starter for me.
You may change your mind when you hear the standard hifi. It made me sad to listen to music it was that bad! Also, I suggest calling Bimmertech, not emailing them if you want answers to your questions. They aren’t the best with detailed answers when responding via email.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2022, 02:47 AM   #99
jdhiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
You may change your mind when you hear the standard hifi. It made me sad to listen to music it was that bad! Also, I suggest calling Bimmertech, not emailing them if you want answers to your questions. They aren’t the best with detailed answers when responding via email.
Yeah, I'm legit worried to step down from HK sound. It might also be worth waiting to see what Bavsound releases for this car?

It's still 1-2 months before my allocation rolls onto the lot, so, maybe there will be more developments between now and then.

2022 X3 M40i
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 07:46 AM   #100
Value
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
So when i did decode ASD for the third time, all the notifications sounds and such went back to normal. And like DCM40I lose the coded ASD and it all went loud again after restarting.

I don't know if the new file bimmertech sent me is a fix or a quick patch where they lowered a value in the DSP. I won't be able to upload the file till next week when I have free time.

At this point i can live with the increased notification volume for now and lower engine noise if i'm going on a long road trip in the idrive. The upside is I have a decent audio system to listen to and I already have Alpha 1 speakers otw. Will let you know once i have time to install them and see what happens with ASD on/off.

As far as the coding issue, dunno if its a software patch BMW updated. Hopefully bimmercode will have an update as this seems to maybe be isolated to MY22 where ASD reverts?

Not sure if any of you guys know this. But another option is to unplug the ASD module. We did this on the Supra,as some of us couldn’t get it to stick. Takes about 15 minutes to do,Im going to post the link if anyone wants to read it. Same engine as the M40i, but a different car obviously. So I’m not 100% sure it’s the exact same(diagram wise) but it should put you in the ballpark to get it done. The person who figured it out is actually an engineer and overall a very intelligent guy. Hope this helps some of you

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/dis...t-coding.5939/
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 09:22 AM   #101
Angelo_GraysonMiniBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3,2020 Land Cruiser

I don’t understand why anyone would want ASD to begin with. Fake sound pumped through speakers is silly and means you should buy a V8 if you want serious sound or a top tier M car. Maybe consider a Tesla, I think they have a fake exhaust sound option
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2022, 09:26 AM   #102
hokieman1
HokieV
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon - 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:

Have any of you tried to contact BimmerCode to see if that is where the problem lies vs. BimmerTech?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 12:47 PM   #103
DCM40I
Rep
Drives: 04 Honda S2000 & 22 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokieman1 View Post
Have any of you tried to contact BimmerCode to see if that is where the problem lies vs. BimmerTech?
I submitted a ticket this morning with BimmerCode but no response yet. It seems to me that with the amp it's some how causing the code to reset with as the car is powered down after a short period of time.

The response I got from BimmerTech is that in my purchase I did say I liked loud music so they turned the gains up pretty high. They have sent me a new tune with the gains a little lower to see if that will help. Will test that later today.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 01:53 PM   #104
jdhiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo1 View Post
I don’t understand why anyone would want ASD to begin with. Fake sound pumped through speakers is silly and means you should buy a V8 if you want serious sound or a top tier M car. Maybe consider a Tesla, I think they have a fake exhaust sound option
Top-tier M-cars and V8s have ASD too. ASD in my M3 is totally fine - it doesn't sound like "sound pumped through the speakers" at all. I get that some people don't like the idea of "fake sound", that's fine, but I think it's the world we live in now and I don't really want to mess around with the experience.

By all means, disable ASD if you don't want it.

2022 X3 M40i
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 01:54 PM   #105
hokieman1
HokieV
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon - 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM40I View Post
I submitted a ticket this morning with BimmerCode but no response yet. It seems to me that with the amp it's some how causing the code to reset with as the car is powered down after a short period of time.

The response I got from BimmerTech is that in my purchase I did say I liked loud music so they turned the gains up pretty high. They have sent me a new tune with the gains a little lower to see if that will help. Will test that later today.
I took me 2 days to get a response from BimmerCode the last time I put in a request.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 02:13 PM   #106
Chief Orman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D 2010

Quote:
So I FINALLY was able to finish installing Bimmertech’s plug and play Amp in my ‘22 X4 that came in with standard hifi and not HK. I personally thought the standard hifi was average at best and wanted something better. I have to say after installing the new amp, it’s a 100% improvement. The sound is now clear and crisp, exponentially louder and the bass is booming. It truly is like being in a concert hall now where as the original standard hifi sounded flat and weak. The amp comes pre-tuned for your vehicle right out of the box, but also can be further tweaked easily right at home. I highly recommend this upgrade if you are on the fence about it. Beyond easy to install, and the sound difference is night and day! I feel like the X4 is now complete!
Did you have to disable the ASD with the supplied cord? If so, how difficult was it?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 02:39 PM   #107
bereic
Rep
Drives: X3 30e M

Is this issue with the blinker and parking gongs only if you have ASD or in general?
Because Burr001 stated that he coded out ASD and it was still loud?

Are there others without the ASD option on their car, where this issue exists? Or do all X3 have ASD now? I guess not the PHV, right?

Regarding the AMP itself.
Bimmertech states that the Model is PP86DSP. But looking at Audiotec Fischer it should be the Macth-series MatchUP 7DSP for G01 from mid 19 according to this sheet:

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/medi...4-12-20_EN.pdf

nevertheless they had this 7DSP amp in the Upgrade Finder until some days ago.
Checking the upgrade finder now for the G01 LCI there is no AMP listed anymore:

Check yourself:
https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...e/adapterIndex

What AMP type and model did you get from Bimmertech? The PP86DSP is only listed for the non LCI in their sheet above. Maybe that there the issue lies with the Blinker and Parking gong?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 04:24 PM   #108
Burr001
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bereic View Post
Is this issue with the blinker and parking gongs only if you have ASD or in general?
Because Burr001 stated that he coded out ASD and it was still loud?

Are there others without the ASD option on their car, where this issue exists? Or do all X3 have ASD now? I guess not the PHV, right?

Regarding the AMP itself.
Bimmertech states that the Model is PP86DSP. But looking at Audiotec Fischer it should be the Macth-series MatchUP 7DSP for G01 from mid 19 according to this sheet:

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/medi...4-12-20_EN.pdf

nevertheless they had this 7DSP amp in the Upgrade Finder until some days ago.
Checking the upgrade finder now for the G01 LCI there is no AMP listed anymore:

Check yourself:
https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...e/adapterIndex

What AMP type and model did you get from Bimmertech? The PP86DSP is only listed for the non LCI in their sheet above. Maybe that there the issue lies with the Blinker and Parking gong?
Hey when I coded out ASD, the system was great and the gong and blinkers were normal. But after stepping out of the car and restarting it all reverted and was loud again. I may not have notice early on that ASD was active again when I first started hearing the louder signal tones and gong. I was just excited to hear the improvement overall.and when I hooked up bimmercode, ASD said it was inactive.
When DC chimed in about his system and ASD turning back on, that's when I realized that my ASD was the problem.

MY22 M40I I think all have ASD., Maybe 4cyl models don't have it equipped?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 06:33 PM   #109
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
So do both the Bimmertech and the BimmerCode Asd coding not last after coding or is it just BimmerCode?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 07:18 PM   #110
Burr001
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So do both the Bimmertech and the BimmerCode Asd coding not last after coding or is it just BimmerCode?
I paid for bimmertech for the coding thinking it was for a bypass harness, but I only used the enet cable they sent with bimmercode on my phone.

They need to teamview on my laptop, but i havent used them for the coding yet.
Appreciate 0