BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-04-2024, 10:07 PM   #23
BMWbiker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahren German View Post
Already covered this. It’s a dead end
Ergo the wink emoji.
      04-04-2024, 11:00 PM   #24
Fahren German
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i RWD 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
You doing the work and any consequential issues in those specific areas would be suspect. Of course, it doesn’t affect the entire car under the MMWA law.
You’re handwaiving an argument that has no basis in fact.

I replaced the entire interior trim in my 335 the day I took it home. I’ve taken it to the same dealership for service for years, and do you know what they’ve said to me?

Nothing. Not a damn thing. No claims that I’ve voided warranty. No refusals to do recall work. No admonitions or second guessing anything.

Should I tell you what they said after I put on a cat-back exhaust? Or upgraded the instrument cluster, headlights, and taillights?

Not a damn thing.

So, let’s stop with the low energy “it’ll void your warranty” argument. It’s worthless.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 11:18 PM   #25
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
You’re handwaiving an argument that has no basis in fact.

I replaced the entire interior trim in my 335 the day I took it home. I’ve taken it to the same dealership for service for years, and do you know what they’ve said to me?

Nothing. Not a damn thing. No claims that I’ve voided warranty. No refusals to do recall work. No admonitions or second guessing anything.

Should I tell you what they said after I put on a cat-back exhaust? Or upgraded the instrument cluster, headlights, and taillights?

Not a damn thing.

So, let’s stop with the low energy “it’ll void your warranty” argument. It’s worthless.
We’ve been trying to be helpful here all along. You seem to be misunderstanding the point or how Magnusson Moss applies. Hope this works out well for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 11:36 PM   #26
Fahren German
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i RWD 6MT

What you’re clearly not understanding is that it HAS worked out for me. I’ve spelled that out in clear terms. If you want to be helpful, then stop perpetuating the myth that simple non-functional modifications will somehow void the warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 03:18 AM   #27
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Aluminum Rhombicle trim isn’t listed there - so that can’t be totally current.
I think it is, just on a different page of the US price guide.

In the US, Smoke Grey Aluminium Rhombicle 4KN is apart of the ZMP M Sport Package. If you option an M Sport 30i which includes ZMP, 4KN is included.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 03:31 AM   #28
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Right - I just remembered that it was a UK custom order on the M40i with Alcantara/Merino seats with beige contrast stitching.
Never been an option here AFAIK on anything but the LCI X3M F97. I would be interested in the photos or more details of this.

Over time BMW options/standard features appear and disappear, and it isn't possible to option/add back some items that have been available in the past. Just look at all the stuff de-contented on the MY 23 & 24 models compared to the previous G01 LCI MY.

The UK online and dealer configurator does provide options for the M Sport Seats in Vernasca with two standard colours only. It's also possible to spec Merino on some LCI G01/G02 models, but not in combination with M Sport Seats.

This UK example has M Sport Seats and individual Malachite green exterior. This is as good as it currently gets with consumer Individual in the UK for LCI G01/G02. BMW may offer special projects for Taylor Swift though.
Attached Images

Last edited by avi66; 04-06-2024 at 07:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 02:53 PM   #29
jsh139
How YOU Doin?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Right - I just remembered that it was a UK custom order on the M40i with Alcantara/Merino seats with beige contrast stitching.

I still have hope for the CF trim though - that’s at least represented on the US order sheet. I’ll push a few dealers: you can have my order if you can make it happen with CF trim
You might as well give it a shot. Who knows, it might work. Don't ask, don't get!