BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #89
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
If that happened....nothing short of an all consuming fire is going to fix that.

I wonder if the PPI will be able to pick that up. How thorough are those Ferrari boys?

I mean, in Smokin' Aces, Buddy Israel was able to determine the "stain" on his coat was specifically Eastern European in nature.
I hope the PPI checks for the notorious Ferrari sticky switches issue; it seems we may have found the cause!
Seller was repeatedly telling me switches and vents weren't sticky
      02-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #90
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Seller was repeatedly telling me switches and vents weren't sticky
Has Wede been secretly rolling around with some street skanks in all the local Ferrari's in SoCal?
      02-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #91
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Has Wede been secretly rolling around with some street skanks in all the local Ferrari's in SoCal?
No...Wede is not that type of man. He's a good man. Faithful. I do not think he would ever even consider a skank.

That being said, it is a well known fact that the prancing horse makes sheep wet...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 03:51 PM   #92
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I did recently get a new pair of boots

For dancing cumbia
      02-12-2019, 03:51 PM   #93
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No...Wede is not that type of man. He's a good man. Faithful. I do not think he would ever even consider a skank.

That being said, it is a well known fact that the prancing horse makes sheep wet...
Cue some innuendo on sheepskin seat covers.....
      02-12-2019, 04:01 PM   #94
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Poor Uncle. Guy tries to do a nice thing for someone and with only a hint of impropriety / weakness, it spreads like blood through water through OT and all of us pile on.

I shall now recuse myself from the pile. I've had my fun. Thanks again Uncle, I hope it was as good for you as it was for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 04:17 PM   #95
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Looked like a bit of oil (slightly dirty, almost damp) had leaked from the hub and pooled a bit on the exterior bottom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Wede may have got a "massage" in the car-you might want to check that out!!
Quote:
If that happened....nothing short of an all consuming fire is going to fix that.
Just helping out by connecting the dots here. You’re welcome.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      02-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #96
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

God thing it's been Cali-cold or this snowflake might have melted from all this abuse of my poor spirit
Run Silent15127.00
      02-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #97
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
PPI Complete, link to full details at bottom...... decision time....

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf F-PPI.pdf (10.40 MB, 529 views)

Last edited by Run Silent; 02-14-2019 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 01:05 PM   #98
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
PPI Complete, link to full details at bottom...... decision time....

Decisions decisions. To have a Ferrari or to not? Isn't that really the choice? And if so, the decision is simple. Yes. Please.

What are they running price wise again?

Have you driven a 360? The performance is somewhat underwhelming (IMO) unless you are launching hard (I would guess, but I wasn't allowed to), but a nice car still, and great sound.

Good luck either way!
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      02-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #99
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Decisions decisions. To have a Ferrari or to not? Isn't that really the choice? And if so, the decision is simple. Yes. Please.

Have you driven a 360? The performance is somewhat underwhelming (IMO) unless you are launching hard (I would guess, but I wasn't allowed to), but a nice car still, and great sound.

Good luck either way!

There are a few items on the PPI that are worthy of worry, but not extensively so.

This one is being offered at $82,000. You can find them for the $70K range if you are willing to accept higher miles are some issues that will need to be addressed. Mint condition and low miles, around $90K. $115K and up for a nice example with a proper manual. These prices are all for 2002 and newer. The older cars are a bit cheaper, but have some issues.

Regarding driving - I've actually never driven a 360. I've sat in one. I've also driven a 430 (same car, just 80hp more), a 458, a Cali, and a F355. It isn't the speed that matters to me - they are all plenty fast for me. The typical 360 will hit 100kmh in around 4.5sec. I am more interested in the aesthetics of the car, the sound - oh the sound, and the handling. So long as it's quicker than a Miata - I'm good. LOL.
      02-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #100
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Hood struds? IS that like how the E90 I had to replace the little "shocks" that hold up the hood for you? The rear hood over the engine stayed up, so much so that he couldn't start the engine with it up. The front "bonnet" stayed up as he was showing me the audio gear.

Come to think of it though, the seller WAS a bit pale-skinned, and that quite possibly COULD have been a Russian accent . . .
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      02-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #101
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hood struds? IS that like how the E90 I had to replace the little "shocks" that hold up the hood for you? The rear hood over the engine stayed up, so much so that he couldn't start the engine with it up. The front "bonnet" stayed up as he was showing me the audio gear.

Come to think of it though, the seller WAS a bit pale-skinned, and that quite possibly COULD have been a Russian accent . . .
LOL - struds, man - don't you know what struds are? You think at the hourly rates the techs are getting, they could take enough time to check the spelling, no?

I discussed with the SA at length, he said they are leaking. It's not something I really care about.
      02-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #102
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Leaking onto the wheels?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 02:16 PM   #103
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Leaking onto the wheels?
Perhaps - I don't know. We didn't get into that, but it could have been the cause of the issue on the wheel you mentioned. Who knows?
      02-14-2019, 05:56 PM   #104
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Quote:

Good luck either way!

There are a few items on the PPI that are worthy of worry, but not extensively so.

This one is being offered at $82,000. You can find them for the $70K range if you are willing to accept higher miles are some issues that will need to be addressed. Mint condition and low miles, around $90K. $115K and up for a nice example with a proper manual. These prices are all for 2002 and newer. The older cars are a bit cheaper, but have some issues.

Regarding driving - I've actually never driven a 360. I've sat in one. I've also driven a 430 (same car, just 80hp more), a 458, a Cali, and a F355. It isn't the speed that matters to me - they are all plenty fast for me. The typical 360 will hit 100kmh in around 4.5sec. I am more interested in the aesthetics of the car, the sound - oh the sound, and the handling. So long as it's quicker than a Miata - I'm good. LOL.
Dooooood. You need to drive one before you buy what sounds like the biggest car purchase in your life (sorry if I'm assuming too much).

The 360 is a fine car, but you need to experience it to know that it's the car for you. The handling and sound must be experienced, particularly since it's a convertible. That F1 transmission is...not for everyone.

I'm not trashing the car, but an exotic is such an emotional purchase that you need to know you'll have the right reaction. Just lookin out for ya
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      02-14-2019, 08:36 PM   #105
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Good luck either way!

Dooooood. You need to drive one before you buy what sounds like the biggest car purchase in your life (sorry if I'm assuming too much).

The 360 is a fine car, but you need to experience it to know that it's the car for you. The handling and sound must be experienced, particularly since it's a convertible. That F1 transmission is...not for everyone.

I'm not trashing the car, but an exotic is such an emotional purchase that you need to know you'll have the right reaction. Just lookin out for ya
Meh. I appreciate the concern, but this is me.

I never drove a BMW of any kind before I bought my E93, and I bought it sight unseen. It's now my daily driver.

Same goes for my first Miata and a few other cars.

It's not for everyone, but this is how I am. I've driven an F1 430 at length and put several hundred miles on a 458 and a California. I'm comfortable enough with the purchase.
      02-14-2019, 09:00 PM   #106
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Keep us posted!
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00