BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-16-2023, 03:26 AM   #1
iCARMIX
iCARMIX
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW

iX3 upgrades guide. The noncomformist's almanach.

Here's a great model with great sales results! Quite a few of these babies will keep showing up on the street, and with that, there comes an understandable need for individuality, because hey, it's a car, not a uniform.
Unfortunately though, there are not many upgrade
As a shop, when I can, I'll match the vehicle with different styles of upgrades, and present these options to my customers.

The iX3 G08 in photos had quite a few items to combine, so let me list them in an organized fashion:
AC Schnitzer front lip. Comes unpainted, so naturally, had to take care of that.
https://icarmix.com/product/ac-schni...ries-g08-2022/
Genuine M Performance rear roof spoiler. Gloss black, ABS material. Easy to paint in whichever color you prefer.
https://icarmix.com/product/genuine-...-m-sport-only/
Genuine X3M retrofit side mirror covers. Also delivered unpainted, while the supporting cases are gloss black.
https://icarmix.com/product/genuine-...02-x4-g08-ix3/
M Performance front 4 Pot rear 1 Pot brake kit. The kit includes 395mm and 370mm brake discs, prioritizes safety over the power recovery function, for more stopping power IF anyone should need it, especially if they have a large family riding in.
https://icarmix.com/product/genuine-...ar-370mmx24mm/

There are plenty of options you an go for, even for this car model, this is the conclusion we can draw from this. I'll split the photos in 2 posts, so be sure to scroll down to see the rest:
Attached Images

11-16-2023, 03:40 AM   #2
iCARMIX
iCARMIX
Hong Kong
Rep

Part 2

The rest of the photos:
Attached Images

11-16-2023, 04:41 AM   #3
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

You do realise this is a forum for owners not for you to advertise your wares.
Appreciate 1
iCARMIX154.50
      11-16-2023, 04:53 AM   #4
iCARMIX
iCARMIX
Hong Kong
Rep

Still learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Koopa View Post
You do realise this is a forum for owners not for you to advertise your wares.
Hi! Although I own a shop in Hong Kong, these are not my products. I install them, and get some nice looking photos out of it. I don't expect any people around here to order something from Hong Kong (although I'd happily sell), but I do want to get at least some credit for our hard work haha. If I broke any rules, please let me know and I'll be more careful in the future, thanks!
      11-16-2023, 07:17 PM   #5
beemerboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x1

Not affliated with OP's shop, but I appreciate the post for possible upgrades for those of us who are iX3 enthusiasts.

I have ordered a new iX3 myself and was considering getting painted brake calipers, but from the OP's photos I can see that brake calipers are not a justified decision as the 20-inch wheels hides most of it anyway.

Btw questions for OP:
1) is the carbon black iX3 PPF/ceramic coated? Looks nice, we were considering carbon black but swapped to sophisto grey/dark graphite as friends has said the carbon black is harder to maintain than sophisto grey/dark graphite. Could still change our colour decision though.

2) Can you source a X3-like grille with M Sport badge for the iX3 (photo attached)? The main difference from the X3 grille is there should be a plate at the back protecting the inlet like the factory-iX3 grille.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
iCARMIX154.50
      11-19-2023, 08:14 PM   #6
iCARMIX
iCARMIX
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerboy View Post
Not affliated with OP's shop, but I appreciate the post for possible upgrades for those of us who are iX3 enthusiasts.

I have ordered a new iX3 myself and was considering getting painted brake calipers, but from the OP's photos I can see that brake calipers are not a justified decision as the 20-inch wheels hides most of it anyway.

Btw questions for OP:
1) is the carbon black iX3 PPF/ceramic coated? Looks nice, we were considering carbon black but swapped to sophisto grey/dark graphite as friends has said the carbon black is harder to maintain than sophisto grey/dark graphite. Could still change our colour decision though.

2) Can you source a X3-like grille with M Sport badge for the iX3 (photo attached)? The main difference from the X3 grille is there should be a plate at the back protecting the inlet like the factory-iX3 grille.
Hello, and terribly sorry for my delayed reply.

Thanks for your kind words! I am happy to know my photos are liked, or useful. I have been posting for a while as a private user, but recently I decided to pay in order to be able to use watermarks on my photos..
I'll answer your questions but in your case it won't be of much help, here's why:

1) I don't know if this particular iX3 is PPf/Ceramic coated. If it is, it wasn't done at us so I couldn't tell. My garage doesn't handle this type of job. we have a local partner who helps us with that.

2) As a shop, we prefer to work with genuine parts or internationally famous aftermarket brands (such as akrapovic), the tried and tested ones. We do have some other lesser known aftermarket brands we may order from, but only after I personally visit them, and test their parts myself. This process is extremely slow and tedious, and that's why it's very hard to establish a trusted bond with a new manufacturer. I may consider other grilles in the future, but right now, this is the only thing I can recommend:
https://icarmix.com/?s=ix3+grille&post_type=product