BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-21-2018, 11:03 PM   #1
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

X4 M40 VS Macan S/GTS

Hello Fellow forum members, before you tell me to use the search and it's already been discussed, hear me out please.
We're currently on the market to change my wife's X3, I have already on order an X4 M40 with all the bells and whistles that comes with it, however as we were leaving the dealership we passed by the Porsche's dealer across the street just to totally rule it out. My wife connected automatically with the macan and she was really interested in it, my preference is the GTS but if I'm to compare $ for $ it'll be the S that we can afford. if we go the Macan route we'll be waiting for the facelift which should debute spring 2019, it'll most likely come with the new light design in the rear a redesigned front bumper and the new infotainment system. My wife's known to keep her cars in good shape and for a long period of time her F25 is 6 years old with about 50K miles, next week we're getting another 6 years warranty by a second party to keep the car in the family. Granted the X4 will be better equipped but I do like the fact that the macan has a very nice steering wheel and she can get it in metallic white unlike the X4. what's holding me off on the X4 is the fact that it's not coming with the M steering wheel however the X3 is, also within the year BMW will be introducing the B58 update with 380 horses and most likely idrive 7. I'm very loyal to the brand and I love it but BMW should manage vehicle introductions better, there's nothing worst than buying a vehicle just to find out 2 months later that theyre introducing an updated version to your liking and you're missing out specially if it's not a lease, Am I silly thinking that way? I'm interested to see what other members think.

ps. I'll be posting the same in the X3 forum as this is a little slower forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #2
Big geordie
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw x4 2.0 d m sport

Hiya, present car x4 2lt D. Love it but time for a change, Have been waiting for new X4 and have a test drive in 3 weeks, but looks like a jacked up GT, much prefer existing model. already tried new X3. Always thought Makan was a bit pricey. Test drove 2Ltr, then 3Ltr S with sport exhaust. Sound is to die for and drives like a dream. Have spent last few months on old configurator to build car, but my spec changes every time I try, just waiting for new model to be released and pricing before placing order,
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #3
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big geordie View Post
Hiya, present car x4 2lt D. Love it but time for a change, Have been waiting for new X4 and have a test drive in 3 weeks, but looks like a jacked up GT, much prefer existing model. already tried new X3. Always thought Makan was a bit pricey. Test drove 2Ltr, then 3Ltr S with sport exhaust. Sound is to die for and drives like a dream. Have spent last few months on old configurator to build car, but my spec changes every time I try, just waiting for new model to be released and pricing before placing order,
I guess I'll be doing the same, gotta go by the dealer for a deposit to reserve a spot
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 01:15 PM   #4
jutperry
2018 BMW X4 M40i
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X4 M40i

happy customer

Just wanted to share my opinion as something to consider...

I just picked up my 18 X4 M40i (fully loaded)and I am very happy with it so far.
The engine is beautiful and the aesthetic, in my opinion, is superior to the Macan.
Not to mention all of the amazing technology that BMW has over Porsche... eg., connected drive, etc.
To me, the Macan had an outdated look when it was first released... and not much has changed with the facelift.
I have a friend with the Macan S and the "performance" feels like a struggle whereas when I get in my X4 M40i I am very confident that the responsiveness is there when I need it.

If I were you, I would stick with your X4. If you're a BMW family you're sure to be thankful you did.

Hope this helps...
Appreciate 1
God7770.00
      08-07-2018, 04:31 AM   #5
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

The answer could be: Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio!

I have been looking for a replacement of my 2014 X4 35i, but nothing really exciting in the BMW line-up - nor Porsche/Audi/MB.

I "stumbled" over the Quadrifoglio, and everything was right - for me. There is just now (as of Aug.1) change in taxes for cars in Sweden, and all "old" vehicles are sold out - hence I can`t testdrive a Q.

Working for a car company, we specified the "Dream car" - the Q has it all.
Appreciate 0