BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-22-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

G01 Esys coding guidance

Hey folks,
I spent today doing a bunch of FDL coding on my 2019 X3 30i using Esys. There are a few things that are not working as expected and hoping to gain some insight.

- Digital Speedometer: I coded KI_DISP_CB_SPEED_DIGITAL to Aktiv, but there was no change. Still only get the large digital speedometer in Sport Mode only, which I believe is a stock setting. Is there another setting to code that will show digital speedometer in all driving modes, mainly comfort?

- Alpina style gauges: I coded ALPINA_ENABLE to Aktiv in Kombi2 but that did nothing

- Enhanced BT (EBT): I coded a large number of settings that I found across a few forums. I have Office (SMS etc...) working but cannot connect more than 1 phone still, and when streaming music, I cannot see the entire playlist, just select previous or next song

Screen Mirroring: I've got this working as tested with an LG phone, but I can't get my Essential Phone PH-1 to work. On the phone when I go to cast, I see the BMW but it just says connecting and times out. Does this just mean the phone itself is not compatible for some reason?

Email: Everything car wise should be enabled but I can't figure out how to set it up through Connected Drive portal. There is no option in my account to set up emails. Any direction here is appreciated.

Warnings: I coded everything out, but I did catch a warning when clicking reply on an SMS. How to code this out?

Seatbelt warning. How to code out the chime when driving without a seatbelt?

Could I have done anything to muck up the avg mileage in the instrument display? I went for a short drive today and it wouldn't move from 20L/100km, and drove real slow for a few mins to try and get it down and it never changed. I'll check again tomorrow and see, might have just been a blip

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 06:27 AM   #2
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
Hey folks,
I spent today doing a bunch of FDL coding on my 2019 X3 30i using Esys. There are a few things that are not working as expected and hoping to gain some insight.

- Digital Speedometer: I coded KI_DISP_CB_SPEED_DIGITAL to Aktiv, but there was no change. Still only get the large digital speedometer in Sport Mode only, which I believe is a stock setting. Is there another setting to code that will show digital speedometer in all driving modes, mainly comfort?

- Alpina style gauges: I coded ALPINA_ENABLE to Aktiv in Kombi2 but that did nothing

- Enhanced BT (EBT): I coded a large number of settings that I found across a few forums. I have Office (SMS etc...) working but cannot connect more than 1 phone still, and when streaming music, I cannot see the entire playlist, just select previous or next song

Screen Mirroring: I've got this working as tested with an LG phone, but I can't get my Essential Phone PH-1 to work. On the phone when I go to cast, I see the BMW but it just says connecting and times out. Does this just mean the phone itself is not compatible for some reason?

Email: Everything car wise should be enabled but I can't figure out how to set it up through Connected Drive portal. There is no option in my account to set up emails. Any direction here is appreciated.

Warnings: I coded everything out, but I did catch a warning when clicking reply on an SMS. How to code this out?

Could I have done anything to muck up the avg mileage in the instrument display? I went for a short drive today and it wouldn't move from 20L/100km, and drove real slow for a few mins to try and get it down and it never changed. I'll check again tomorrow and see, might have just been a blip

Thank you!
Might be a good idea to check the bimmercode thread, there are some answers you are looking for. Although it's not for esys, you can find the values to code.
Afaik there is no way to show digital speedometer the way it is in sport modes in another modes. There is an option to show it in that part of instrument cluster, where the odometer, compass and others are shown.
      03-23-2020, 06:40 AM   #3
Douggie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1, X3

May I know what launcher are you using? I want to code, but seems no way to get the launcher now from Tokenmaster.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #4
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggie View Post
May I know what launcher are you using? I want to code, but seems no way to get the launcher now from Tokenmaster.
I'm using 2.8.2 it's the free premium version that is good until April sometime, you can get it right from his blog
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 10:18 AM   #5
Douggie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm using 2.8.2 it's the free premium version that is good until April sometime, you can get it right from his blog
Oh. Mine is a 2020, so I can't read the trimmed CAFDs with 2.8.2... sigh. Thanks anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 08:24 AM   #6
kevinwoods
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

I have launcher pro 2.8.2 pro from tokenmaster website downloaded free.
I tried to coded the digital speedo too. changed everything I could but no digital showed up in comfort or eco mode.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 08:59 AM   #7
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwoods View Post
I tried to coded the digital speedo too. changed everything I could but no digital showed up in comfort or eco mode.
Is the digital speedo just the one you get if you cycle through the BC modes?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 09:08 AM   #8
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Hey folks,

Thank you!
Seatbelt warning is in ACSM module, think it’s called SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer for the drivers seat, or something like that.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 01:59 PM   #9
kevinwoods
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
not sure if I understand. I think the one you referred to is odometer, not speedometer? I was referring to the display of speed that you have in sport mode.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 02:07 PM   #10
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
not sure if I understand. I think the one you referred to is odometer, not speedometer? I was referring to the display of speed that you have in sport mode.
Yes, the coded digital speedo goes where the odometer is, when you cycle through the different BC modes it should be there afaik.

The digital speedo in the middle of the dials is only available in sport mode, as that is how the dials are designed.

You can code the sports dials to show when the car is in comfort mode though, so that could be your answer.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 07:58 AM   #11
kevinwoods
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, the coded digital speedo goes where the odometer is, when you cycle through the different BC modes it should be there afaik.

The digital speedo in the middle of the dials is only available in sport mode, as that is how the dials are designed.

You can code the sports dials to show when the car is in comfort mode though, so that could be your answer.
Thanks! I will give it a try again when I get a chance.
Do you have the code for selecting sport mode as default?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 09:10 AM   #12
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know as I use bimmercode, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 07:40 AM   #13
victorngcm
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I successfully code my friend's X3. 2019 built 30i

1. album cover
2. engine start stop memory

however, I fail at
1. tipp 5 times turning signal (coded but np respond)

2. air conditioning memory (can't find the fdl location)
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 08:30 AM   #14
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorngcm View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. album cover

however, I fail at

Changing the one touch blinker doesn't work anymore.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 08:11 AM   #15
victorngcm
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. album cover

however, I fail at

I drive x1. however I have the 5 time option in my I drive but my friend's x3 doesn't...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 08:31 AM   #16
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. album cover

however, I fail at

I drive x1. however I have the 5 time option in my I drive but my friend's x3 doesn't...
X1 is built on the MINI platform, so has older hardware/software in it.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 05:59 PM   #17
ssurtie
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f25, g01, f30

hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there anyone able to direct me to where i can get the latest SpDaten and PsDzdata downloads?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 01:21 AM   #18
Douggie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssurtie View Post
hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there anyone able to direct me to where i can get the latest SpDaten and PsDzdata downloads?
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983244
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 03:52 PM   #19
kevinwoods
Private
Rep

Does anyone have experience with the newer Launcher Pro from eBay?
There are some eBay sellers selling Launcher Pro 3.6.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223808037054
I used the Launcher Pro 2.8.2 from TM website. But it is kind outdated, and some functions for my 2019 G01 are trimmed.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 01:05 PM   #20
live
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 x28i, 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
I used the Launcher Pro 2.8.2 from TM website. But it is kind outdated, and some functions for my 2019 G01 are trimmed.
I made a $50+ donation per tokenmaster's(the software author) instructions and sent the proof to him but never get a replay. Anyone in the same boat?

I don't want to get a "pirate" version, but it seems I got stuck here.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #21
Douggie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by live View Post
I made a $50+ donation per tokenmaster's(the software author) instructions and sent the proof to him but never get a replay. Anyone in the same boat?

I don't want to get a "pirate" version, but it seems I got stuck here.
Yep, that's why I'm hesitant to go with tokenmaster. I might try the ebay version. I've messaged the seller a few times and the response is quick.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 12:42 AM   #22
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
I just purchased this one as my existing version is trimmed for G02. I'll post my experience with this seller once I have something to report back on.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 3
Douggie142.00
kevinkay270.00