BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-03-2022, 10:38 PM   #1
bear1m
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

HUD displaying incorrect gear?

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. When I am in M-Mode, manual shift (Sport+), the heads-up display sometimes seems to display one gear lower than the gear I am actually in before I downshift.

As an example, the HUD says I'm in 4th but I'm actually in 5th. I click the downshift paddle and the car downshifts, but the HUD still says I'm in 4th (which now is the correct gear to display). I only realize that the gear display was wrong after I downshift and the display "stays in the same gear". Subsequent downshifts confirm that the display is "now correct."

It isn't consistent and seems to be only with 5>4 or 4>3. It has never mis-displayed when upshifting. At first I thought it was my imagination, but it has happened too many times to count... about once every few trips that I've noticed. I have not been able to catch the display "changing gears on its own," but I'm guessing that must be happening. Vehicle is 2022 X3MC.
Appreciate 0