BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-14-2023, 03:27 PM   #1
Kastefam
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 2019

Universal Remote Frustration

I had a new motor installed to my garage screen and therefore a new remote. I had the old motor/remote paired to the Integrated Universal Remote on my 2019 X3. I can not pair the new motor/remote. I am following the instructions to reprogram individual buttons. The remote is a Dooya brand 433mhz remote. Seems like HomeLink is not compatible with that remote…old version worked, new version does not. Frustrating! Any suggestions other than use the bulky remote??
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 03:17 AM   #2
Burr001
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW x3 m40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastefam View Post
I had a new motor installed to my garage screen and therefore a new remote. I had the old motor/remote paired to the Integrated Universal Remote on my 2019 X3. I can not pair the new motor/remote. I am following the instructions to reprogram individual buttons. The remote is a Dooya brand 433mhz remote. Seems like HomeLink is not compatible with that remote…old version worked, new version does not. Frustrating! Any suggestions other than use the bulky remote??
There might be a learning button on your new motor for rolling code frequency to be paired also.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 06:49 PM   #3
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

I had the same issue with a new garage door opener a few years ago and ended up buying a HomeLink Compatibility Bridge. Once I paired the Bridge to the opener I could program the car's Homelink to the Bridge device. I can't say for sure if that'll work with your opener but it seems like the same issue.
Appreciate 0