BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-26-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Square tire setup

Hello guys,

My dealer has few leftovers first generation X4 M40i. There is some good incentives on them so I am seriously consider one of them.

First, I like it,
Second I think that all N55 issues have been solved (your input is welcomed however),
Third, I believe that the new B58 might run in some issues with all the chain assembly installed in the back of the engine (engine must be pulled out for repair), which is not my cup of tea since I am keeping my cars over the warranty period.

My question to you is:

I am not into staggered set-up. Looks nice but is not practical, and narrows a lot my choice in tires.
I am running all-weather tires all year around without a second set for winter because I hate going to the dealership and have the techs replacing, changing, etc. the less I see the service department, the better.

For this reason I need your input for a square setup. I do not embrace the spacers so that is out of question.

What are you running and what dimensions of tires you picked?
Full four rears? any rubbing? Issues?
Full four fronts? does look awkward with wheels a little bit inside the body?
Full four in between? Are there some M wheels that will fit and address this properly?

Thank you kindly!

Last edited by Teutonic; 03-13-2023 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0