BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #529
reolni
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
PM Sent
Hello!
Please, send me PM!
Thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 12:08 PM   #530
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G01 30d

Leaving Bluetooth dongle in ODB2

For you who have disabled the alarm when locking the car with an ODB2 device connected (UniCarScan BT dongle in my case), have you noticed that it draws a current well after the 10min I waited this time to check it?
Won't it drain the battery?
      02-09-2019, 07:12 AM   #531
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogren View Post
For you who have disabled the alarm when locking the car with an ODB2 device connected (UniCarScan BT dongle in my case), have you noticed that it draws a current well after the 10min I waited this time to check it?
Just to update you guys here; there is no point of coding ODB2 Alarm off, since the power is never shut off, hence your ODB2 device might drain the battery eventually.
I guess I'll just revert...
      02-25-2019, 10:25 PM   #532
SpeedholicK13S
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5, M6, K1300S

Almaretto could you send me a list frr my '19 X3 M40i? thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 02:13 AM   #533
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Have you tested. I have left in a week without issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 02:14 AM   #534
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedholicK13S View Post
Almaretto could you send me a list frr my '19 X3 M40i? thanks
My lists are linked in profile.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 02:31 AM   #535
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Have you tested. I have left in a week without issue.
I am sure it is sucking power, but don't know how quick it will drain. I haven't left it there for extended period yet. And if parking at the airport for a long trip, I will disconnect it anyway...
      02-26-2019, 09:20 PM   #536
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I am sure it is sucking power, but don't know how quick it will drain. I haven't left it there for extended period yet. And if parking at the airport for a long trip, I will disconnect it anyway...
It is definitely pulling power. I am just not sure how much or how it varies when car is locked.

There are certain devices that use ODB port (eg, V1 radar or Insurance dongle), so it should not pull so much that drains battery.

Does not hurt to disconnect for long trips. But, unless you are constantly changing settings, why leave connected?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 11:23 PM   #537
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It is definitely pulling power. I am just not sure how much or how it varies when car is locked.

There are certain devices that use ODB port (eg, V1 radar or Insurance dongle), so it should not pull so much that drains battery.

Does not hurt to disconnect for long trips. But, unless you are constantly changing settings, why leave connected?
I use it mainly for BimmerLink app, to read sensors and display on a "dashboard". And to read fault codes.
Coding is done with esys through Enet cable..

I had a conversation with the designer of this dongle, UniCarScan, and he recommended to remove after every drive.
A colleague got another dongle in his A3, and only removing if not driving for weeks.

It is not impossible to make them smarter, I.e. detect that switched power is off, and then go into sleep mode. But how to detect that power is back on? Need to process can data anyway...
      02-28-2019, 08:10 PM   #538
Jeepersjoey
Stay Tuned!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 m40i

Any coders in the Denver area?

I've have two Beemercode ODB connectors (VeePeak & new UniCarScan from UK) as well as the ESYS cable.

I just bought a new laptop specifically for ESYS.

I'm having a difficult time getting into ESYS since I still have not figured out what software is needed, where to store that software on the computer, and why I don't seem to need to turn back the clock to get it to work.

(If someone wants to help me with that portion...I would gladly accept hand-holding guidance)

So...I am soliciting someone in this area that can learn with me and then we can both use my stuff to program our cars. It's always good to have a buddy hold your beer while you really f-up something!

So...who is up for the challenge?
Paul
(Frederick, CO)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #539
Nicklebon
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive30i

I am new to all of this and have ordered an Enet cable which should be here at the end of the week. The vendor I purchased the cable from has provided many links to things like a VM, and cheat sheets but most of these appear to be older versions. I am trying to get esys up and running but am running into a roadblock with the Launcher Pro. I think it requires a google account + google authenticator which is an issue as I don't use gmail. Am I correct that this is the case? Is there another way to download the launcher?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 10:18 AM   #540
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklebon View Post
I am new to all of this and have ordered an Enet cable which should be here at the end of the week. The vendor I purchased the cable from has provided many links to things like a VM, and cheat sheets but most of these appear to be older versions. I am trying to get esys up and running but am running into a roadblock with the Launcher Pro. I think it requires a google account + google authenticator which is an issue as I don't use gmail. Am I correct that this is the case? Is there another way to download the launcher?

Thanks
You are correct, you would need a google account plus all of that information from TokenMaster if you are trying to use his version of the software, but good luck getting a hold of it. Many, many people (myself included) have donated and spent weeks, months, or longer waiting for the reply with the software/activation, and never heard anything.

Ultimately I went with EsysX and it has worked just fine.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2019, 04:18 PM   #541
Nicklebon
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
You are correct, you would need a google account plus all of that information from TokenMaster if you are trying to use his version of the software, but good luck getting a hold of it. Many, many people (myself included) have donated and spent weeks, months, or longer waiting for the reply with the software/activation, and never heard anything.

Ultimately I went with EsysX and it has worked just fine.
Thanks for the update. I'll look into EsysX. I saw similar advice on another forum after posting last night.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 05:42 AM   #542
bsandru
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1, E84; X3, F25

Could you plese forward me also a list of options Almaretto?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 07:10 PM   #543
SoItShallBeWritten
Rep
Drives: X3 m40i

Forgive me if this has been answered but thread search is very poor...

I have a propensity to open the liftgate accidentally when the remote is in my pocket or I'm laying on the couch at home, etc. Is there a way to disable the liftgate button on the remote....or even increase the delay??? I recall reading that others had this issue as well a while back.

I have Bimmercode and successfully coded some items on the simple guided setup a few months ago. But have not used advanced before. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 12:14 PM   #544
Jeepersjoey
Stay Tuned!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 m40i

Coding to turn on FOGS with parking or High Beams

(Duplicated from my posting in another forum thread but it applies here as well)

This weekend I wandered through the EXPERT section of Beemercode (G01 X3 M40i) and found how to have fog lights STAY on when parking lights, or more importantly, HIGH BEAMS are on.

Yea...controversial that us silly 'mericans" want to have Fogs on all the time. I definitely do since I wholeheartedly subscribe to making myself as visual as possible when driving a $65K SAV (hehe).

First, must have Beemercode. Second, I did this with UniCarScan.

1. Go to BDC.
2. Click on EXPERT MODE.
3. Click on "Continue" when asked to confirm you want to "cause serious problems".
4. Scroll to "3075 LceMaster" and choose it.
5. Make two changes...
5a1. Scroll to "NSW_AUS_BEI_FL" and choose it.
5a2. Change from "aktiv" to "nicht_aktiv".
5a3. Click the back arrow to return to the "3075 LceMaster" choices.

5b1. Scroll to "NSW_EIN_AUF_LDS_STL" and choose it.
5b2. Change from "nicht_aktiv" to "aktiv".
5b3. Click the back arrow to return to the "3075 LceMaster" choices.

6. Go back to the main screen and click coding.

It worked for me. Fogs stay on when I go to High Beams. Awesome.

BTW...why is this the first time I have seen anyone post (other than Rolls Royce sounds) a way to update settings in Beemercode that are in Expert Mode? Share your findings, people!

Paul
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2019, 02:44 PM   #545
TX3M
Car guy
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepersjoey View Post
(Duplicated from my posting in another forum thread but it applies here as well)

This weekend I wandered through the EXPERT section of Beemercode (G01 X3 M40i) and found how to have fog lights STAY on when parking lights, or more importantly, HIGH BEAMS are on.
I sincerely hope this does not keep the rear fog on as well. It's extremely annoying to be driving behind someone with a bright rear fog shining directly in your eyes.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #546
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX3M View Post
I sincerely hope this does not keep the rear fog on as well. It's extremely annoying to be driving behind someone with a bright rear fog shining directly in your eyes.
Don't think you will have to worry about that in the US. Making the rear fogs work in the G-Series isn't as simple as it was for the F-Series, and the only coding method I've found so far to make it work ends up disabling the rear turn signals/hazards.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 04:04 PM   #547
Bmock17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepersjoey View Post

Yea...controversial that us silly 'mericans" want to have Fogs on all the time. I definitely do since I wholeheartedly subscribe to making myself as visual as possible when driving a $65K SAV (hehe).

First, must have Beemercode. Second, I did this with UniCarScan.

1. Go to BDC.
2. Click on EXPERT MODE.
3. Click on "Continue" when asked to confirm you want to "cause serious problems".
4. Scroll to "3075 LceMaster" and choose it.
5. Make two changes...
5a1. Scroll to "NSW_AUS_BEI_FL" and choose it.
5a2. Change from "aktiv" to "nicht_aktiv".
5a3. Click the back arrow to return to the "3075 LceMaster" choices.

5b1. Scroll to "NSW_EIN_AUF_LDS_STL" and choose it.
5b2. Change from "nicht_aktiv" to "aktiv".
5b3. Click the back arrow to return to the "3075 LceMaster" choices.

6. Go back to the main screen and click coding.

It worked for me. Fogs stay on when I go to High Beams. Awesome.

BTW...why is this the first time I have seen anyone post (other than Rolls Royce sounds) a way to update settings in Beemercode that are in Expert Mode? Share your findings, people!

Paul
With this will the fogs stay on when the DRL's are on? Or is only when the brights are on? I leave my lights in the auto setting 100% of the time but i do turn on the fog lights once it is dark.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 02:51 PM   #548
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

If you are using E-Sys, do you happen to know if when you're editing the FDL for HU_NBT2 it looks like this?

For some reason, Launcher PRO doesn't seem to be able to map comments back into the PSdZData in the G01 for many of the ECUs.

Without mapping comments back into the CAFDs, it's very hard to figure out what the codes might be.

See the attached; I'm running the most recent release of Launcher PRO and PSdZData 4.17.20 light.
Attached Images

Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #549
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
If you are using E-Sys, do you happen to know if when you're editing the FDL for HU_NBT2 it looks like this?

For some reason, Launcher PRO doesn't seem to be able to map comments back into the PSdZData in the G01 for many of the ECUs.

Without mapping comments back into the CAFDs, it's very hard to figure out what the codes might be.

See the attached; I'm running the most recent release of Launcher PRO and PSdZData 4.17.20 light.
No, mine is mapped. You likely have too many kiswb enabled or did not setup correctly to use 64-bit java.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 05:56 PM   #550
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
No, mine is mapped. You likely have too many kiswb enabled or did not setup correctly to use 64-bit java.
Thanks for the hint.

I did two things:
=>Installed Java 64-bit (even though there's a JRE in the ESys subdirectory)
=> Updated Windows 10 .Net Framework 4.8

All set.
Attached Images

Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0