BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #45
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75
This Macan cannot be more beautiful in my eyes as attached even in msport side view.

Like what this Macan owner said below after his 30 day ownership, nobody will look twice at a Macan for they think it's a Cayenne which I thought so when I saw it next to a bunch of Cayennes which are boring to look at so the Macan is equally boring visually.

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...y-summary.html
Wow. I'll take the X4 for sure.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      10-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #46
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

I've seen a few in person lately. X4 look much better than expected and very distinctive.

20's make the car much more aggressive.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      10-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #47
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy07 View Post
I've seen a few in person lately. X4 look much better than expected and very distinctive.

20's make the car much more aggressive.
Just had mine a few days, men the looks I get, the honks and occasional pic snappers it's now becoming ridiculous especially when my LED and Angel eyes are on. Could also contribute this to the Melbourne Red Xline with Beige interior which is absolutely stunning in person!

Macan just doesn't have that presence and uniqueness!
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      10-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #48
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theatermax View Post
I miss nothing. Check out my thread about how much disliked my Macan i had for 3 weeks.

I love my X4 100X more..

The Macan has more issues than I can name.. Dozens and Dozens of horrid porsche nonsense issues that can't be fixed.

Loving my X4

Craig
Congrats!

However - I have zero issues with my Macan. Don't be so critical of first year issues - take a look at the F80/F82 forum. The grass isn't always greener. The X3 for which the X4 is based has had it's bugs worked out.

I also owned an X3.
      10-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #49
Jordanpryce
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 30i

I wanted to like the X4 but there was something about it visually that didn't sit right with me. The length of the body from the door sill to the window looks way too long for the roof profile. I would much rather have a BMW version of the Audi allroad (let's say a 335i wagon crossover) if they made such a thing. But BMW will never bring in a wagon with a 6 cylinder again. (I still miss my old 328i E91 M-Sport MT wagon)

The Macan is fast, sporty, and it looks the part. I got to autocross once at a Porsche event and there was no going back.
      10-30-2014, 01:09 AM   #50
grayforge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jypsie View Post
Et voilà: The two pictures prove the previous point. If those two cars look similar to you, you need to get your eyes tested.

I am happy with my eyes .......
Yeah, I know... One of them has 2 doors and the other 4. :-)

Last edited by grayforge; 10-31-2014 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #51
MKDFW
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayforge View Post
Yeah, I know... One of them has 2 doors and the other 4. :-)

Well, here is a four door...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 01:56 PM   #52
shaunmed
Registered
Rep
Drives: 911

The X4 looks like the Pontiac Aztek

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #53
predator
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Bmw X4 2.0i xline sophistograu

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunmed View Post
The X4 looks like the Pontiac Aztek

Boring...soooo boring...and cheap . Copy paste
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #54
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black

+1
From guys with nothing else to do? Why else would you spend time on a forum about a car you don't like.....I don't spend my time venting my feelings on the macan forums ..... have better things to do.....
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #55
jonnyz1245
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5D

Did any of you guys actually drive a Macan?

I am not loyal to any one brand. I have owned Audi's, BMW's, and now Porsche.

While it is true BMW's technology and interface is better than that of the Porsche, the driving experience of the Macan is FAR away head and shoulders above the X4. And that is why I buy a car. I drove both and would not even put the X4 in the same league with the Macan. Go drive both for yourself back to back. Take them out in the twisties, put your foot in it and report back here. If you still think the X4 has it over the Macan, I want some of what you are smoking

I outfitted an S with PTV + and PASM/AS. It puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key.

As far as interior fit and finish, I would give the nod to the Macan as well in this category. The cluster in the X4 is from what? 2006? BMW going to the parts bin big time on the 1,2,3, and 4s. I got rid an X5 diesel, which i liked but did not love. The X5 did alot of things well, lots of room, was solid at speed but was boring to drive. The interior on the X5 was cheap plastic and sub par leather all around. The interior on the new X5 is light years ahead of the E70 platform. The Macans interior is richly appointed and the quality is the best I have seen in this class.

My Macan has been perfect for 3300 miles. Not a rattle nor were/are there any issues with it. Delivery was great and customer service has been outstanding.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #56
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Looks like a number of Macan trolls here, you are welcome . People need to read the thread from the start, its a crossshopping thread most of us drove the Macan, handling and performance is not everything infact the gap is pretty small all reviews attest to this and X4 drives and handles like a dream. We all have different things that are important which is a highly individual and personal choice which is why we chose the X4 over the Macan eg Tech and exterior look etc. Both cars have their quirks and disadvantages but each to his own. We know some don't like it, we don't care for we never asked anyone to contribute to our personal purchase so hate all you want for the ugly story is pretty tired now and we don't give a hoot!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #57
jonnyz1245
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
Looks like a number of Macan trolls here, you are welcome . People need to read the thread from the start, its a crossshopping thread most of us drove the Macan, handling and performance is not everything infact the gap is pretty small all reviews attest to this and X4 drives and handles like a dream. We all have different things that are important which is a highly individual and personal choice which is why we chose the X4 over the Macan eg Tech and exterior look etc. Both cars have their quirks and disadvantages but each to his own. We know some don't like it, we don't care for we never asked anyone to contribute to our personal purchase so hate all you want for the ugly story is pretty tired now and we don't give a hoot!
Its all good and I don't hate

Posters saying "dozens and dozens of porsche issues" Dozens? really? I am unaware of dozens of issues. I am unaware of any current issues. There were a few in the beginning for sure, dripping rear wiper, hood gap etc but Porsche quickly and swiftly dealt with them and c ars are arriving at dealers problem free.

I don't hate the X4, I drove it, didn't like it compared to the Porsche which is why I bought the Porsche. Car mag reviews are one thing, real world driving by an enthusiast is another. Enjoy your X4
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #58
predator
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Bmw X4 2.0i xline sophistograu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
Did any of you guys actually drive a Macan?

I am not loyal to any one brand. I have owned Audi's, BMW's, and now Porsche.

While it is true BMW's technology and interface is better than that of the Porsche, the driving experience of the Macan is FAR away head and shoulders above the X4. And that is why I buy a car. I drove both and would not even put the X4 in the same league with the Macan. Go drive both for yourself back to back. Take them out in the twisties, put your foot in it and report back here. If you still think the X4 has it over the Macan, I want some of what you are smoking

I outfitted an S with PTV + and PASM/AS. It puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key.

As far as interior fit and finish, I would give the nod to the Macan as well in this category. The cluster in the X4 is from what? 2006? BMW going to the parts bin big time on the 1,2,3, and 4s. I got rid an X5 diesel, which i liked but did not love. The X5 did alot of things well, lots of room, was solid at speed but was boring to drive. The interior on the X5 was cheap plastic and sub par leather all around. The interior on the new X5 is light years ahead of the E70 platform. The Macans interior is richly appointed and the quality is the best I have seen in this class.

My Macan has been perfect for 3300 miles. Not a rattle nor were/are there any issues with it. Delivery was great and customer service has been outstanding.
This is a Bmw X4 forum , did u really think they like the Macan more but buy a X4 instead , wake up and stop smoking whatever it is , u will be well served on the Macan fora
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 05:42 AM   #59
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #60
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

It’s almost 4 years since I began this thread, time to replace my X4 Macan is still on my shortlist
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #61
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

indeed.
I went for the X4M40i coming from the 30D.
Crazy car!
      06-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #62
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Next likely to be the X4M
      06-13-2018, 06:38 AM   #63
335iAP
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 & F26

Lol at the aztec comment, I've thought the same thing. Makes sense to me that the industry might take a while to refine the suv/coupe styling into the X6s and GLEs we see today
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #64
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iAP View Post
Lol at the aztec comment, I've thought the same thing. Makes sense to me that the industry might take a while to refine the suv/coupe styling into the X6s and GLEs we see today
The Audi Q8 and the X2 is a better take on the coupe suv concept

Last edited by Bimar; 06-13-2018 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #65
335iAP
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 & F26

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Quote:
The Audi R8 and the X2 is a better take on the coupe suv concept
I assume you mean the Q8 and X2, in which case I disagree. Their rooflines aren't fast enough for me, and to me they'd look like regular hatchbacks if you lowered them. The BMWs and Mercedes have more aggressive slopes to their roofs.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 09:37 PM   #66
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I assume you mean the Q8 and X2, in which case I disagree. Their rooflines aren't fast enough for me, and to me they'd look like regular hatchbacks if you lowered them. The BMWs and Mercedes have more aggressive slopes to their roofs.
Yes Q8, I think after owning the sloped roof, would I want something different and get more practicality but not the run of the mill suv eg Q5, GLC etc
Appreciate 0