BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-24-2024, 01:11 PM   #1
biggestchungus
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3 xdrive30i

New BMW owner.

My first post here, hoping to learn a lot from you guys! I just got my first bmw a week ago, ‘19 x3 xdrive30i.

I have always out sound systems in my vehicles, far from an expert but I I’m decent enough, I think… lol. I’ve searched around and can only see 1-2 brands that make upgraded sound systems. I don’t wanna throw tons of money at a system, but are there brands out there I should be lookin at? I have no idea about these cars, I’ve been in diesels my whole life lol.

Do they all come with a a factory sub and amp? I know I don’t have the better factory sound system, but not sure where to start with upgrading this.is it possible and/or dumb to just replace the amp or speakers or sub? Any help would be be very appreciated!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 01:57 PM   #2
Florida-X3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 x30i / '12 Infiniti M37

Can't comment on X3 specifics but you want to put 2/3 of your budget on the speakers. Good amps are wasted with less than adequate speakers. Like buying an expensive camera body and slapping a cheap lens on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 02:07 PM   #3
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestchungus View Post
My first post here, hoping to learn a lot from you guys! I just got my first bmw a week ago, ‘19 x3 xdrive30i.

I have always out sound systems in my vehicles, far from an expert but I I’m decent enough, I think… lol. I’ve searched around and can only see 1-2 brands that make upgraded sound systems. I don’t wanna throw tons of money at a system, but are there brands out there I should be lookin at? I have no idea about these cars, I’ve been in diesels my whole life lol.

Do they all come with a a factory sub and amp? I know I don’t have the better factory sound system, but not sure where to start with upgrading this.is it possible and/or dumb to just replace the amp or speakers or sub? Any help would be be very appreciated!!
What version of iDrive is in your car ?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 02:08 PM   #4
Burr001
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW x3 m40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestchungus View Post

This is what I did for an upgrade to the stock system.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...ighlight=audio

There are others installs from others who used different components....try the search tab https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/search.php and click on the x3 forum to see past topics.
Appreciate 0