BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-26-2024, 01:38 PM   #23
g11hoonigan
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFschwifty View Post
Yeah, I just enjoy the sound of an engine too much to switch the an EV. Growing up driving small block V8s I never thought I'd enjoy a straight 6 as much as them but here I am loving every second of it. Maybe in time I'll mature a little and make the switch to full EV but not quite yet.

Appreciate all the input and advice from everyone.

I chose to relocate the dragy to the pano glass and the signal has greatly improved. I find it convenient there as it's out of my way and provides a solid signal.
I've been putting Dragy (and E-ZPass) around the pano area since the day I got it. Guess I should have patented that idea
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 04:04 PM   #24
MFschwifty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW M40i  [0.00]
The unsightly Ez Pass is kept in the glove box. On the rare occasion, when driving through an express toll on the NJ Parkway at upwards of 80mph it has misread but for my daily commute, it never fails.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 01:01 PM   #25
MFschwifty
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M40i  [0.00]
Updated Dragy Results

Spent this week playing around with Xhp stage 2 settings and finding the sweet spot with launch control. Still running JB4 OTS map 2 only, no other bolt ons.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 01:30 PM   #26
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Spent this week playing around with Xhp stage 2 settings and finding the sweet spot with launch control. Still running JB4 OTS map 2 only, no other bolt ons.
Thats some good DA and temps.
Probably with your current mods assuming you launched it properly looks like your best times.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 05:02 PM   #27
MFschwifty
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by suby01 View Post
Thats some good DA and temps.
Probably with your current mods assuming you launched it properly looks like your best times.
Yeah, these are the best times I've gotten yet.
I've been able to get the launch nice and crisp with LC, releasing at 2,800 RPM. It took a few days and multiple attempts each day to find this sweet spot.

I think the G's from the dragy show how solid of a launch I was able to get.

Your feedback with waiting a few moments after the LC active pop up helped alot. Initially I was launching as soon as I saw the pop up. Just took a little discipline to be patient for the rpms to settle at the optimal spot.

Temp and DA definitley play a huge role in getting the most power for me with my current set up.

Without sending my DME out to get unlocked, my best opportunity for more power is an upgraded downpipe but I'm not convinced the cost of an AA Dp (only one guaranteed no CEL) is worth the gain in power it provides. +/- 50hp?

Even then I'll be limited to my fuel ceiling with 94 octane.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think unlocking the DME for a flash tune like Bm3 would provide better power gain per cost/time to install than any other option available currently. Downpipe, Emix fuel, turbo upgrade, etc.

Any advice from more experienced modders is always welcome.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 06:07 PM   #28
Gr8ZongB58
Your Average B58'er
Rep
Drives: 19' X3 M40i

Quote:
Yeah, these are the best times I've gotten yet.
I've been able to get the launch nice and crisp with LC, releasing at 2,800 RPM. It took a few days and multiple attempts each day to find this sweet spot.

I think the G's from the dragy show how solid of a launch I was able to get.

Your feedback with waiting a few moments after the LC active pop up helped alot. Initially I was launching as soon as I saw the pop up. Just took a little discipline to be patient for the rpms to settle at the optimal spot.

Temp and DA definitley play a huge role in getting the most power for me with my current set up.

Without sending my DME out to get unlocked, my best opportunity for more power is an upgraded downpipe but I'm not convinced the cost of an AA Dp (only one guaranteed no CEL) is worth the gain in power it provides. +/- 50hp?

Even then I'll be limited to my fuel ceiling with 94 octane.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think unlocking the DME for a flash tune like Bm3 would provide better power gain per cost/time to install than any other option available currently. Downpipe, Emix fuel, turbo upgrade, etc.

Any advice from more experienced modders is always welcome.
Seems like you've been launching it quite a bit...are you trying to join the driveshaft/diff bolt thread? 😆

jk jk...I hope this never happens to anyone! Those are some solid times though. If you're out of warranty and have some disposable income, I don't see why not for the dme unlock. Definitely worthwhile if you're going that upgrade route. A flash tune will always surpass the piggybacks in both performance and stability.
2019 X3 M40i - MHD STG2 HPFP E40ish | MHD FlexFuel Kit | TU HPFP | xHP stg 3 | VRSF catless downpipe | MST intake | BMS occ | Verus turbo heat shield | P3 V3 gauge w/ P3 ESVA | FTP Charge Pipe | RossRacing PCV v1 VTA | MSS Springs | RES Exhaust w/o valves | Vossen HF-5 21x9.5/10.5 265/295 PS4S | Yellow DRLs |
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 08:50 PM   #29
MFschwifty
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ZongB58 View Post
Seems like you've been launching it quite a bit...are you trying to join the driveshaft/diff bolt thread? 😆

jk jk...I hope this never happens to anyone! Those are some solid times though. If you're out of warranty and have some disposable income, I don't see why not for the dme unlock. Definitely worthwhile if you're going that upgrade route. A flash tune will always surpass the piggybacks in both performance and stability.
Funny you mention that. Not actually fun, at all, but I just replaced the rear diff seal because of a leak that had been ongoing.
From what I've read and been told this is a common issue.

Although, one could wonder how likely it is to be caused by aggressive driving.
Appreciate 0