BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3/X4 Forums BMW X3 (G01) / X4 (G02) Forum What did you do to your G01 X3 today?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-11-2019, 03:32 PM   #507
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
SROC3's Avatar
United_States
1423
Rep
3,565
Posts

Drives: Like a Boss.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: three.one.zero

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I know what you mean, on photos the black grilles can just look like black holes, whereas in person you can see the reflections on the gloss black.

Hmmm, the cerium has really grown on me, but I already have a set of black grilles coming as soon as my dealer gets stock in, so I'll try them on and see what I think, but I think I will leave them on as I want something different to stock on the exterior.
Yeah there was this one member who has a Phytonic Blue M40i and he put on the Black Grills. He eventually removed them as the Cerium really looks great on the Blue color.
__________________
2019 X3 xDrive30i Glacier Silver | Cognac w/ Fine Cove | MSport | Premium | Dynamic Handling PKG | Drive Assist | HK Sound |
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 04:43 PM   #508
OttoMobilia
Private First Class
OttoMobilia's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
166
Posts

Drives: it varies on my mood 😊
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Bay Area CA USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jairgg9 View Post
X3 30i mods

Jb+
Bms intake
JL audio
Custom exhaust
Ac schnitzer springs

what do you think of the wheels?
wheels look perfect...love it!
__________________
2019 X3 M40i | Carbon Black | 
21" wheels | Cognac Leather
 | Alum Trim
 | Driving Assistance Pkg| Driving Assistance Plus Pkg | Executive Pkg | Premium Pkg | F & R Heated Seats
 | Trailer Hitch
 | Wireless Charging and WiFi Hotspot
 | Adaptive M Suspension
 | M Sport Diff | H K sound
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 01:41 AM   #509
mak51m
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: MY18.5 G01 Xdrive 30i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Got the v brace and the grill vinyl wrapped. Hated how much the brace stood out before.

Last edited by mak51m; 01-23-2019 at 10:52 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 01:52 AM   #510
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
SROC3's Avatar
United_States
1423
Rep
3,565
Posts

Drives: Like a Boss.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: three.one.zero

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak51m View Post
Got the v brace and the grill vinyl wrapped. Hated how much the brace stood out before.
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
Hmmmm......never thought of wrapping the V Brace. Good idea
__________________
2019 X3 xDrive30i Glacier Silver | Cognac w/ Fine Cove | MSport | Premium | Dynamic Handling PKG | Drive Assist | HK Sound |
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 02:24 AM   #511
Rhidium
First Lieutenant
100
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW X3
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Installed my 3D Max Spider Floormats VERY nice and snug fit. Tried it with the standard floormat underneath for more cushioning but better fit without on the driver's side. I left the passenger standard mat on and it still fits well
I have to try the BMW all weather mats without the standard floor mats underneath. The all weather mats move around a little bit (only notice after I get out of the car and see the mats shifted 1" from where I placed it).
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 03:11 AM   #512
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
SROC3's Avatar
United_States
1423
Rep
3,565
Posts

Drives: Like a Boss.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: three.one.zero

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhidium View Post
I have to try the BMW all weather mats without the standard floor mats underneath. The all weather mats move around a little bit (only notice after I get out of the car and see the mats shifted 1" from where I placed it).
The 3D mats are perfect....
__________________
2019 X3 xDrive30i Glacier Silver | Cognac w/ Fine Cove | MSport | Premium | Dynamic Handling PKG | Drive Assist | HK Sound |
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 04:50 AM   #513
teaston
General
teaston's Avatar
United Kingdom
8151
Rep
28,817
Posts

Drives: X3 M40d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norfolk 'n' Good

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhidium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Installed my 3D Max Spider Floormats VERY nice and snug fit. Tried it with the standard floormat underneath for more cushioning but better fit without on the driver's side. I left the passenger standard mat on and it still fits well
I have to try the BMW all weather mats without the standard floor mats underneath. The all weather mats move around a little bit (only notice after I get out of the car and see the mats shifted 1" from where I placed it).
You shouldn't have the standard mats under the all weather mats, it actually says so in the instructions for safety reasons. The all weather mats need to attach to the velcro pads on the floor so they don't move.
__________________
Current: X3 ///M40d in PB/Tartufo - Eibach Spacers, DTUK CRD3+ Tuned, MP Black Grilles, ACS Splitters & some other bits
Gone: LCI F30 335d M Sport Plus in BSM/CR
Gone: F30 330d M Sport in EB2/CR
Gone: E90 320d M Sport in TS/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 07:27 AM   #514
Tex94
Private
54
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i, Carbon Black
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak51m View Post
Got the v brace and the grill vinyl wrapped. Hated how much the brace stood out before.
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
Looks really nice. Is your X3 carbon black or just black? Also, did you wrap the mirror caps too? Thinking about doing the grills and mirror caps on my carbon black so would love to see more pictures.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #515
Rhidium
First Lieutenant
100
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW X3
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
You shouldn't have the standard mats under the all weather mats, it actually says so in the instructions for safety reasons. The all weather mats need to attach to the velcro pads on the floor so they don't move.
There's instructions? I don't need no stinking instructions.

When I first installed them I was planning to remove it but laziness won over. I was thinking in the back of my mind I needed to remove them.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 03:07 PM   #516
AnOldBiker
Private First Class
AnOldBiker's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
104
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3 sDrive 30i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Subscribe
__________________
______

Jim
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #517
mak51m
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: MY18.5 G01 Xdrive 30i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak51m View Post
Got the v brace and the grill vinyl wrapped. Hated how much the brace stood out before.
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
Looks really nice. Is your X3 carbon black or just black? Also, did you wrap the mirror caps too? Thinking about doing the grills and mirror caps on my carbon black so would love to see more pictures.
It's carbon black. Only the V Brace and the Grill surround got wrapped.




Last edited by mak51m; 01-13-2019 at 04:17 AM.
Appreciate 1
nyalpine903880.50

      01-13-2019, 02:16 AM   #518
ggrwatt
New Member
5
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: X3 30d Luxury
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jairgg9 View Post
X3 30i mods

Jb+
Bms intake
JL audio
Custom exhaust
Ac schnitzer springs

what do you think of the wheels?

Very nice look !!!
I especially like the Black and Inox Grill.
How did you do that ?

Did you buy them like this with Inox Grid and Black glossy edge/contour ? (In this case can you tell me the link please ?)
or did you fold or paint them ?

Wheels are TOP !!!!

Name:  01547010472.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  365.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 09:31 AM   #519
astrohip
New Member
astrohip's Avatar
5
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: X3 m40i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencat View Post
Installed Maxpider Kagu floor mats front and rear. Very happy with the fit and finish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Now that you've had them an entire four days , still happy with them? I'm ready to order mats, and these are at the top of my list.

Question: We have the same color combo, Blue/Cognac. I see you bought black mats. Did you give any thought to the Gray or the Beige? Happy with Black?
Arrived and installed! And look great. I agree with several others, the black mats look good on the black flooring. Very happy with the fit. Snug, tight, perfect. No sliding around.

Next is to finally decide which cargo area mat to get. I use the rails, don't have the spare, and would like something to protect the cargo area from all the crap I load & unload into it.

Oh, and I'd like to get a back seat cover. I've been using the one from my previous car (F10), but it's not a great fit, slides around a little. I carry my dogs all the time, and put large towels down, but I like a cover underneath the towels (plus, the towels cover the seat, not the back). I need something that stays in place.

Thanks again for the recommendations (from all) for the Maxpider Kagus.
__________________
2019 X3 m40i
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #520
Jairgg9
New Member
Mexico
17
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: X3 xDrive30iA X Line
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Monterrey Mx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrwatt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jairgg9 View Post
X3 30i mods

Jb+
Bms intake
JL audio
Custom exhaust
Ac schnitzer springs

what do you think of the wheels?

Very nice look !!!
I especially like the Black and Inox Grill.
How did you do that ?

Did you buy them like this with Inox Grid and Black glossy edge/contour ? (In this case can you tell me the link please ?)
or did you fold or paint them ?

Wheels are TOP !!!!

Attachment 1970969
Thank you, i wrap them, only the chrome, the inox grill its the original, its very easy to remove the grills and put them back. Also use black laminex film to the fog lights.
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #521
MOWells
Enlisted Member
United_States
23
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 XDrive30i 2019
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Henrico, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Arrived and installed! And look great. I agree with several others, the black mats look good on the black flooring. Very happy with the fit. Snug, tight, perfect. No sliding around.

Next is to finally decide which cargo area mat to get. I use the rails, don't have the spare, and would like something to protect the cargo area from all the crap I load & unload into it.

Oh, and I'd like to get a back seat cover. I've been using the one from my previous car (F10), but it's not a great fit, slides around a little. I carry my dogs all the time, and put large towels down, but I like a cover underneath the towels (plus, the towels cover the seat, not the back). I need something that stays in place.

Thanks again for the recommendations (from all) for the Maxpider Kagus.
You might want to consider Canvasback cargo area covers. We have them in my X3 and our Ford Flex. They are very durable and allow use of the floor rails in the X3. The covers attach strongly to the carpet with hook & loop fasteners
https://www.canvasback.com/index.php...l?___SID=U&f=1
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 11:44 AM   #522
ggrwatt
New Member
5
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: X3 30d Luxury
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jairgg9 View Post
Thank you, i wrap them, only the chrome, the inox grill its the original, its very easy to remove the grills and put them back. Also use black laminex film to the fog lights.
Thanks for these information.
I like the look of your X3.
I did never wrap... will this hold ?
Will see how to do this and also find some black laminex film. (I'm located in France).

I'll get my brand new X3 on Tuesday... same color than yours in 30d Luxury version.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 11:51 AM   #523
Jairgg9
New Member
Mexico
17
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: X3 xDrive30iA X Line
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Monterrey Mx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrwatt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jairgg9 View Post
Thank you, i wrap them, only the chrome, the inox grill its the original, its very easy to remove the grills and put them back. Also use black laminex film to the fog lights.
Thanks for these information.
I like the look of your X3.
I did never wrap... will this hold ?
Will see how to do this and also find some black laminex film. (I'm located in France).

I'll get my brand new X3 on Tuesday... same color than yours in 30d Luxury version.
the vinyl holds well, I think you can be a step before painting to see if you like it, if you do not like how it looks you can remove it easily.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #524
ggrwatt
New Member
5
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: X3 30d Luxury
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jairgg9 View Post
the vinyl holds well, I think you can be a step before painting to see if you like it, if you do not like how it looks you can remove it easily.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 12:43 PM   #525
titomi
Captain
titomi's Avatar
243
Rep
616
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
2009 Toyota Yaris  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Oh, and I'd like to get a back seat cover. I've been using the one from my previous car (F10), but it's not a great fit, slides around a little. I carry my dogs all the time, and put large towels down, but I like a cover underneath the towels (plus, the towels cover the seat, not the back). I need something that stays in place.
Pet cover for rear seats
Suggestion for protecting rear bumper/tailgate bottom from dogs getting in and out
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 12:44 PM   #526
Casotakar
Lieutenant
Casotakar's Avatar
241
Rep
523
Posts

Drives: X3 M40i
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Vienna, VA

iTrader: (0)

anyone get to test out their new snow tires in the northeast last night!? mine worked beautifully. great stopping and acceleration. went through the tallest snow I could find, only about 3-4 inches, never felt such great traction before in previous cars. uphill, downhill, turning quickly to find the point which I lose grip. great to get accustomed to what I can expect with this type of weather and this tire. was getting bummed out having this new rubber and no testing ground...
Attached Images
 
__________________
2018 X3 M40i Carbon Black ZDA/ZDB/ZPP/ZPX
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2019, 12:50 PM   #527
MechX3M40i
Major
MechX3M40i's Avatar
United_States
768
Rep
1,412
Posts

Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: MidWest USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar View Post
anyone get to test out their new snow tires in the northeast last night!? mine worked beautifully. great stopping and acceleration. went through the tallest snow I could find, only about 3-4 inches, never felt such great traction before in previous cars. uphill, downhill, turning quickly to find the point which I lose grip. great to get accustomed to what I can expect with this type of weather and this tire. was getting bummed out having this new rubber and no testing ground...
LOL someone really had fun doing donuts and snow angels...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #528
titomi
Captain
titomi's Avatar
243
Rep
616
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
2009 Toyota Yaris  [0.00]
Would it be possible to merge this thread with the sticky one (with the same name)? Dackelone, Law, mkoesel, ybbiz34, Paul-Bracq-BMW
Appreciate 1
teaston8150.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST