BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-23-2021, 08:48 PM   #23
Coi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i, 07 Z4MR

My 2018 M40i came from the factory with the "X3" badge completely misaligned. The very early ones had the rear badges right below the glass at the height of the bmw logo. I think I had one of the first ones after they switched it to the position lower on the hatch. Clearly there were some teething issues with the new placement.

Dealer fixed the angle but put it at a different height from the M40i so they had to do it a second time. I don't have any straight on photos from before they fixed it but I have this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
prototyp228.00
      01-02-2024, 04:44 AM   #24
PavelYasko
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 cheap

It's like your M40i wanted to stand out in its own unique way, but hey, misalignment wasn't the plan, right? Props to your dealer for playing matchmaker with the badge and the M40i height! Two times' a charm, they say. Would've loved to see the rebellious phase, but the fixed look is sleek! And for those precise measurements, maybe https://ruler.onl/ can help you keep everything aligned in life!

Last edited by PavelYasko; 01-02-2024 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0