BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-21-2021, 08:54 PM   #1695
bimmerbabe97
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Hey everyone, future X3 owner here. I went to a few dealerships to ask about ordering my 2022 X3 xdrive and I wanted to know if anyone experienced something similar. The first dealership I went to told me I'm eligible for the recent grad discount, military discount, and loyalty discount, which totaled $3,000 plus any finance incentive (if I use BMW financing) that we find out when the car is delivered. They also said I could not get the parking assistance package, driving assistance package, wireless charging, ventilated seats, power lumbar for passenger, or HK. Another dealership told me that I can either use the military discount which would be $4,000 (but have to go through BMW financing) or combine the recent grad, loyalty, and finance incentive for a total of $3,750. This dealership also showed me their internal ordering system which showed quite a few things unavailable for ordering on the X3 and they seemed to be clueless. A third dealership told me BMW rarely ever does incentives for brand new models for the upcoming year but said they'd find out. They came back and said BMW is only offering $1,000 for military discount but no other incentives. There was also many features unavailable for ordering. This dealership said they had one reserved build that could still be modified that had parking assistance but a new build order will not be able to add parking assistance because of chips of course. I'm assuming there's some mixture of sales guys wanting to take less money off the cars for more commission and miscommunication with BMW corporate. Did anyone else get mixed info from dealerships like this? Sorry for the long-winded post.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 08:56 PM   #1696
bmw061190
Registered
Rep
Drives: Future X3 M40i

Hi everyone - I'm looking at a lightly used 2020 X3 M40i - $51,900 with 17K miles - has:

Phytonic blue color
Black seats with some blue contrast stitching and a little M color tag - I can't find the option for this on the site, is this a standard option?
19" standard wheels
Aluminum trim
Looks like it has a HUD and premium sound so I think it has the executive package
Driving assistance plus (I see the buttons for lane keep and active cruise control)

Does this seem like a reasonable price? I guess it was primarily highway driving, 17K is a lot for one year. Curious for any and all feedback - or anything I should look out for. Thanks!

Last edited by bmw061190; 07-21-2021 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: added the wheels
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 01:45 PM   #1697
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbabe97 View Post
Hey everyone, future X3 owner here. I went to a few dealerships to ask about ordering my 2022 X3 xdrive and I wanted to know if anyone experienced something similar. The first dealership I went to told me I'm eligible for the recent grad discount, military discount, and loyalty discount, which totaled $3,000 plus any finance incentive (if I use BMW financing) that we find out when the car is delivered. They also said I could not get the parking assistance package, driving assistance package, wireless charging, ventilated seats, power lumbar for passenger, or HK. Another dealership told me that I can either use the military discount which would be $4,000 (but have to go through BMW financing) or combine the recent grad, loyalty, and finance incentive for a total of $3,750. This dealership also showed me their internal ordering system which showed quite a few things unavailable for ordering on the X3 and they seemed to be clueless. A third dealership told me BMW rarely ever does incentives for brand new models for the upcoming year but said they'd find out. They came back and said BMW is only offering $1,000 for military discount but no other incentives. There was also many features unavailable for ordering. This dealership said they had one reserved build that could still be modified that had parking assistance but a new build order will not be able to add parking assistance because of chips of course. I'm assuming there's some mixture of sales guys wanting to take less money off the cars for more commission and miscommunication with BMW corporate. Did anyone else get mixed info from dealerships like this? Sorry for the long-winded post.
The incentives are offered and reimbursed by BMWUSA, so it sounds like some of your dealers are misinformed. I'm not aware of BMW limiting incentives, as long as they're available to you, but maybe COVID economic times changed the policy.

There are quite a few options unavailable due to component shortages, but which specific components seem to depend on the day or dealership.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 01:47 PM   #1698
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw061190 View Post
Hi everyone - I'm looking at a lightly used 2020 X3 M40i - $51,900 with 17K miles - has:

Phytonic blue color
Black seats with some blue contrast stitching and a little M color tag - I can't find the option for this on the site, is this a standard option?
19" standard wheels
Aluminum trim
Looks like it has a HUD and premium sound so I think it has the executive package
Driving assistance plus (I see the buttons for lane keep and active cruise control)

Does this seem like a reasonable price? I guess it was primarily highway driving, 17K is a lot for one year. Curious for any and all feedback - or anything I should look out for. Thanks!
You should be able to look up the MSRP and provide that here for a better estimate of how your deal is shaping up. Keep in mind the used car market is nuts at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 08:40 AM   #1699
comptr
Private
Rep
Drives: Boring

Hi, I am looking at ordering the new 2022 X3 M40i but I want the HK sound system, wireless charging, all of the drivers assistance fractures, cooled seats, wireless charging and Phone as a key. How long will I have to wait to order a new x3 ? When I went to my local dealer they told me wait till the website goes live to see what options are missing and then to keep checking till they are back on the website.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 08:44 AM   #1700
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptr View Post
Hi, I am looking at ordering the new 2022 X3 M40i but I want the HK sound system, wireless charging, all of the drivers assistance fractures, cooled seats, wireless charging and Phone as a key. How long will I have to wait to order a new x3 ? When I went to my local dealer they told me wait till the website goes live to see what options are missing and then to keep checking till they are back on the website.
Uncertain. It's a component limitation and we don't know when BMW will confirm whether they are adding these items or not to the build.

First thing you have to do is wait until the first builds come out of the factory. That'll give you an idea of what the cars are actually coming with.

I've been told that sometimes BMW accepts an item in the order and at build completion it give you a credit back and tells you the car couldn't be built with that option.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 08:49 AM   #1701
comptr
Private
Rep
Drives: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Uncertain. It's a component limitation and we don't know when BMW will confirm whether they are adding these items or not to the build.

First thing you have to do is wait until the first builds come out of the factory. That'll give you an idea of what the cars are actually coming with.

I've been told that sometimes BMW accepts an item in the order and at build completion it give you a credit back and tells you the car couldn't be built with that option.
Oh I did not know that, the dealer never said anything about that. Well I will keep checking and seeing if anymore info gets released here and I will check with the sales man maybe in 2 months to see if they get any updated info. It looks like I may have to wait till the end of the year to order the vehicle then.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 08:52 AM   #1702
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post

Oh I did not know that, the dealer never said anything about that. Well I will keep checking and seeing if anymore info gets released here and I will check with the sales man maybe in 2 months to see if they get any updated info. It looks like I may have to wait till the end of the year to order the vehicle then.
Never said so because they want you to order a car 😉

Different conversation when you have your car after waiting for a while. You are already emotionally committed to it. I think it's harder to reject at that point.

But the truth is that they don't know either. Very little info from BMW at this point.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 12:37 PM   #1703
bmw061190
Registered
Rep
Drives: Future X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauleebe View Post
You should be able to look up the MSRP and provide that here for a better estimate of how your deal is shaping up. Keep in mind the used car market is nuts at the moment.

Hi - original MSRP seems to be $63,100. Yeah might be worth it to wait a couple of months if I can - although things do seem to be stabilizing a little bit. I just sold my car to CarMax and the person who was in the back said they're starting to see a little less demand. Unclear if that's a pricing thing or supply is finally returning.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 08:27 AM   #1704
ReksBG
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4M40i

Hi guys, I'm new here.
I'm trying to order the new 2022 X4 M40i because my lease for the one I have now ends in mid September and the dealer gives me only $1500 on close to $72k MSRP. Is that typical in todays marked? Also I'm trying to find the 2022 X4 price guide so I can go over the options myself - can somebody help me with that? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 08:40 AM   #1705
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReksBG View Post
Hi guys, I'm new here.
I'm trying to order the new 2022 X4 M40i because my lease for the one I have now ends in mid September and the dealer gives me only $1500 on close to $72k MSRP. Is that typical in todays marked? Also I'm trying to find the 2022 X4 price guide so I can go over the options myself - can somebody help me with that? Thanks.
You haven't provided enough information, but discounts off MSRP before incentives aren't great at the moment. If you can, consider buying out your lease as the used car market is crazy right now. You can then sell your car and pocket the profit and wait for the market to stabilize. Or if you need a car, keep your car and sell it for less of a profit but without getting screwed on a lease for the next 3 years. Worst case scenario right now would be to trade your current lease in for a new one, but some folks are doing it.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 08:53 AM   #1706
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hi guys, I'm new here.
Horrible. Keep looking.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #1707
antjones21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Hi guys, I'm new here.
Here's the price guide
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=290
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 10:37 AM   #1708
ReksBG
Rep

Thanks antjones21 - much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 11:52 AM   #1709
antjones21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks antjones21 - much appreciated
Sure no problem. I tried sending you a person message but it would let me. I sent a public message to your profile. But I see you're in Chicago, check our Bergstrom BMW here Appleton, Wisconsin. Myself and a few others got strong offers from them on MY22 builds.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 03:16 PM   #1710
ReksBG
Rep

I need to order the car tomorrow so I can't come to Appleton, WI - it is too far . The price guide will help me a lot because I just found out that the total for the options I want is $69.5 and some how the dealer came out with $72k last week. So that will help pushing them little bit .

I just checked and I've received your message - so it works.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 03:59 PM   #1711
antjones21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I need to order the car tomorrow so I can't come to Appleton, WI - it is too far . The price guide will help me a lot because I just found out that the total for the options I want is $69.5 and some how the dealer came out with $72k last week. So that will help pushing them little bit .

I just checked and I've received your message - so it works.
FWIW, I did my full deal over the phone and email. Won't be going to Appleton until I take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 04:54 PM   #1712
ReksBG
Rep

Yeah, makes sense - stupid me
I'll give them a call tomorrow. So far I called other two dealers here around Chicago and both of them want me to go there and don't want to talk over phone
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 05:00 PM   #1713
just one more beer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, makes sense - stupid me
I'll give them a call tomorrow. So far I called other two dealers here around Chicago and both of them want me to go there and don't want to talk over phone
That's called high pressure sales, don't fall for it, get your vehicle sale price in writing via email
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 05:51 PM   #1714
RLSII
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxter S, Acura MDX

Greetings All,

I am considering an X4 M40i and it looks like this is a high margin vehicle and receiving priority on chips, with parking assist and the HK stereo available. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 07:40 AM   #1715
jsh139
How YOU Doin?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSII View Post
Greetings All,

I am considering an X4 M40i and it looks like this is a high margin vehicle and receiving priority on chips, with parking assist and the HK stereo available. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Thanks!
I was told that if the system allows the dealer to place the order, that it will be delivered with that equipment. But, honestly, it's anyone's guess at this point.
      07-29-2021, 07:56 AM   #1716
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh139 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSII View Post
Greetings All,

I was told that if the system allows the dealer to place the order, that it will be delivered with that equipment. But, honestly, it's anyone's guess at this point.
My car is being completed today. It's an X3M. HK is standard equipment and it is highly unlikely it will have it. There is no mention of it in the build. We'll know sooner than later.

If mine doesn't have it, It is even more unlikely that other X3s of lower range have it. It has priority. I wouldn't hold my breath.

BUT, I really hope I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0