BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #441
AuPanda
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
I do love it. I really haven't had a chance to even adjust the seat. Got delivered.. had to get a bar code for the neighborhood, then home to put in the cargo cover and screen protector, then rush to pick up kids. Just getting home now. I have a few quick shots...
I noticed you picked the fastest color, interior and exterior. Congratulations!

Last edited by AuPanda; 08-16-2018 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 06:30 PM   #442
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradecraft View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Look what just got delivered!
Congrats. More pics! Love it?
I do love it. I really haven't had a chance to even adjust the seat. Got delivered.. had to get a bar code for the neighborhood, then home to put in the cargo cover and screen protector, then rush to pick up kids. Just getting home now. I have a few quick shots...
Looks amazing. Questioning my Phytonic color choice! Report back on the screen protector and cargo cover cover. Need to decide which extras to get before mine comes.

Enjoy!
The screen protector has some minor bubbles, but I'm too busy to fuss with it right now. It's not noticeable in daily use. The cargo cover is the one from canvasback and it fits like a glove. Totally worth it. Had it in two previous cars now.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 09:08 PM   #443
toothdriller23
Rep

Demo Model Interest Rate

Has anyone ever heard of a dealership giving a much lower interest rate for allowing a sales manager to put 300 miles on the car before giving you the car? They offered me 1% if I purchase it with 300 miles instead of 0 miles...seems a little fishy to me. He said it would be considered a demo vehicle which is why they can offer this loophole.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 09:24 PM   #444
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothdriller23 View Post
Has anyone ever heard of a dealership giving a much lower interest rate for allowing a sales manager to put 300 miles on the car before giving you the car? They offered me 1% if I purchase it with 300 miles instead of 0 miles...seems a little fishy to me. He said it would be considered a demo vehicle which is why they can offer this loophole.
Run. Away. Fast.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2018, 09:27 PM   #445
Tradecraft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2019 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
What $ amount would you save?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 10:34 PM   #446
GL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i, 2019 540i

Quote:
Tell them to let you test drive it for a few days, then complete the paperwork after you have driven 300 miles.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 08:11 AM   #447
toothdriller23
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL View Post
Tell them to let you test drive it for a few days, then complete the paperwork after you have driven 300 miles.
Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking of doing haha I hope that works..I would be saving around $4k for the duration if I took the entire 60 mo to pay it off but I am not planning on that. Honestly...it just seemed very sketchy.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #448
Tradecraft
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2019 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL View Post
Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking of doing haha I hope that works..I would be saving around $4k for the duration if I took the entire 60 mo to pay it off but I am not planning on that. Honestly...it just seemed very sketchy.
Sketchy yes, but I'd let someone drive my car for >$13 a mile.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 08:34 AM   #449
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Looks amazing. Questioning my Phytonic color choice! Report back on the screen protector and cargo cover cover. Need to decide which extras to get before mine comes.

Enjoy!
Here's a picture of the cargo liner and also the screen protector (bubbles still present).
Attached Images

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 3
      08-17-2018, 08:53 AM   #450
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
come on guys... this is so
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 08:57 AM   #451
Tradecraft
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2019 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Enjoy!
Here's a picture of the cargo liner and also the screen protector (bubbles still present).
Your X3 doesn't call you "pcmike"?

Do the screens get scratched if I don't get a protector?

Are you hauling anything in particular that makes you get the cargo cover? Not sure if I need one. The worst I'll throw in there is the stroller with it's dirty wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 08:59 AM   #452
Tradecraft
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2019 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
come on guys... this is so
You're right. Feels too late to save this thread though.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 09:09 AM   #453
VTX3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Just placed my order for an X3 M40i. I'm coming from a line of VW R32/Golf Rs. The golfs always treated me well, so it's with mixed emotions I'm making the change. This will be my first non-manual car. I would have ordered an F31 had that been available here as a 340.

Dark Graphite Metallic
19" M Double-spoke bi-color wheels, style 698M with performance run-flat
Black Vernasca Leather w/blue contrast stitching/piping
Aluminum Rhombicle Interior Trim
Driving Assistance Package
Executive Package
Premium Package
Adaptive M Suspension
M Sport Differential
Harman Kardon surround sound system

My build week is the second week of September. Hoping it gets bumped a bit.

I'm in the wilds of Vermont so my daily driving is often very twisty and mountainous. Even in the summer the roads are frequently low traction with rain, or gravel washed onto the surface. I only live 400m back a dirt road, but it's all uphill (or downhill leaving the house). We have a more appropriate vehicle for the really serious dirt. I spec'd the diff needing every bit of traction I can get in all seasons. I expect to leave the suspension in comfort most of the time. I'll be ordering winter wheels and tires shortly.

DAP here is pretty much useless, but I spec'd it for when we head out on longer trips. The only reason I ordered exec is for the full digital dash. I can't stand the cheap look of the partial digital. The full adaptive lights will probably be useful too. No street lights here!
Appreciate 2
      08-17-2018, 09:55 AM   #454
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Enjoy!
Your X3 doesn't call you "pcmike"?

Do the screens get scratched if I don't get a protector?

Are you hauling anything in particular that makes you get the cargo cover? Not sure if I need one. The worst I'll throw in there is the stroller with it's dirty wheels.
Honestly, I probably won't haul much of anything... but I've purchased this brand of liner for my wife's previous two SUVs and they've literally saved her numerous times. I figured better to be safe then sorry, especially since they fit so well and function perfectly. That said, I will occasionally haul our two large dogs to the groomers and they shed like crazy. This liner repels dog hair (the hair can't get into it) so you can literally sweep (don't even need a vacuum) the hair out in two seconds.

The screen protector was just a spur of the moment thing since it was so cheap and I was waiting so long for the car. I figured since it's a touchscreen may as well get it, but realistically I'll never touch the screen and I'm pretty sure I don't need the screen protector.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #455
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

May as well share some first impressions in regards to the DA/DAP that caused my order to get canceled and had me waiting so long... the short of it... I'll never use any of the active stuff on the daily. It's literally only useful on a long drive (of which I don't make many). First, the lane keep assistance doesn't jive with the way South Florida drivers.. drive. I'm 100% guilty of being one of those drivers who doesn't use his turn signal and having the car literally try to fight me for the wheel when I forget to do it, is actually a safety hazard. It'll all be useful for the handful of trips to Orlando, but that's about the only time I'd probably use it.

That being said, the car drives great. The road feel, the power, the maneuverability, it's all really awesome. You feel really connected, especially for an SUV where you typically sit crazy high. It's taking some getting use to, as I'm coming from a line of cars.. 335, 335, 535... but I'm already perfectly content. Can't wait to get closer to 1200mi so I can really drive it like I usually drive.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #456
nexit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 m4cs & 19 x3 m40i

Looks like the 19 models removed the trunk floor strut.

Can anyone else confirm on their 19 as well?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #457
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexit View Post

Confirmed and annoying. No way to keep it open while you're messing with stuff. At least I didn't see an easy way yesterday.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #458
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
Quote:

Have you got extended storage?

I believe it's option 493, which in the UK is part of comfort pack (ZGM), though probably different in the US.
'02 Morgan Aero 8
http://petrolhead.tours
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #459
ZHPsedan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 750i

Garage List
2022 BMW 750i  [0.00]
Quote:

Really? Wow.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #460
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, M2C, Ferrari 328

Picked mine up this morning (and of course BMW tracking still shows status from about 3 days ago). Delivery was fast and smooth -- the folks at Richmond BMW are great -- and my biggest impression from the drive home is that the vehicle is perfect and easy to drive and love. It was a pretty seamless, no-surprises transition changing from a 430i coupe to the M40i. Maybe it's because I am getting older, but when an experience is smooth and easy, I tend to appreciate that more than the other more exciting stuff (which the M40i delivers in abundance). I'll spend more time having fun with the car later, but for now it's nice to just have it home in the garage.

I know y'all have seen a phytonic blue M40i a zillion times, so I will only post two pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 9
      08-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #461
r3t1cal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier219 View Post
Picked mine up this morning (and of course BMW tracking still shows status from about 3 days ago). Delivery was fast and smooth -- the folks at Richmond BMW are great -- and my biggest impression from the drive home is that the vehicle is perfect and easy to drive and love. It was a pretty seamless, no-surprises transition changing from a 430i coupe to the M40i. Maybe it's because I am getting older, but when an experience is smooth and easy, I tend to appreciate that more than the other more exciting stuff (which the M40i delivers in abundance). I'll spend more time having fun with the car later, but for now it's nice to just have it home in the garage.

I know y'all have seen a phytonic blue M40i a zillion times, so I will only post two pics.
I love that color so much. You could take all the photos in the world and I still wouldn't be satisfied.

They way the blue calipers look with the blue is awesome.

Installing any extras like PCMIKE?

When I get mine the first thing going in is my Dashcam.
      08-17-2018, 12:48 PM   #462
sc68z28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330e, M40i

Looks good, appreciate your little write up on the transition. I'll be coming from a 3er, looking forward to not having to back my butt down and around the B pillar just to get in.

---Bill.
Appreciate 0