BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #287
dan6470
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc68z28 View Post
Mine spent the night in "Quality Check" but has move to "Awaiting carrier assignment" this morning.
---Bill.
Same here
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #288
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Mine has been in "Quality Check" all day yesterday and today. How can it take 2 days to do a quality check?
Mine spent the night in "Quality Check" but has move to "Awaiting carrier assignment" this morning.
---Bill.
Bill, I just called genius and mine is still in quality check. 3 days now. Can't be good. Guess that's what happens when a vehicle starts assembly on Saturday and is completed on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 01:20 PM   #289
sc68z28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330e, M40i

Quote:
Bill, I just called genius and mine is still in quality check. 3 days now. Can't be good. Guess that's what happens when a vehicle starts assembly on Saturday and is completed on Monday.

Bob, At least they caught it now, maybe just a paint flaw or hopefully something simple but they needed time to get to it.

---Bill.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 03:08 PM   #290
Theclaudias
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List

Just found ours started production yesterday. I guess it’s too early to be clicking off stages. Scheduled completion date 8/15. We are East Coast, so just a truck ride away.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 03:33 PM   #291
sc68z28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Mine just moved again, says...
DISPATCHED FROM FACTORY,
"Your new BMW has left the factory, and is on its way to you."

Could be loading for it's train ride west. Bob, I'll try and hold this train! But you need to get out of "Quality Check" so we can share this ride.

---Bill.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2018, 03:56 PM   #292
r3t1cal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
DISPATCHED FROM FACTORY,

Could be loading for it's train ride west. Bob, I'll try and hold this train! But you need to get out of "Quality Check" so we can share this ride.

---Bill.
Even though mine left the factory 3 days ago, it still shows "At the port".

The automated system and a genius both confirmed it has left.

I've been having tons of problems with the tracker lately. I just got it to load for the first time today.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 03:59 PM   #293
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, M2C, Ferrari 328

Yeah, the tracking website is awful and unreliable as heck. I tried reporting a bunch of bugs and they pretty much blew me off.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #294
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Probably something minor, like the wheels fell off when they drove it off the assembly line .

But I wouldn't base too much off the tracking -- it's clear to me by now that it's not very responsive or timely. For all we know it will still show as being in QC after you take delivery.

The other possibility is that your vehicle was grabbed off the line for a test drive. I know they do that with every so many that come down the line. I wouldn't expect a three day test drive, but I guess if the car shows up with 100 miles on the odo, upside down footprints on the dash, and Natural Light beer cans in the back, you know you got the SC redneck quality evaluation.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 04:12 PM   #295
sc68z28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3t1cal View Post
I've been having tons of problems with the tracker lately. I just got it to load for the first time today.
The MyBMW site has been slow to load for me too. Lots of blink, blink, blink-freeze. Thought it was just me, but it has been better last couple of days.

I saw you want your new car for an upcoming trip with friends, but you may have to wait for Bob and I to get to the train yard and board the train your on.

---Bill.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #296
sc68z28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier219 View Post
Probably something minor, like the wheels fell off when they drove it off the assembly line .

But I wouldn't base too much off the tracking -- it's clear to me by now that it's not very responsive or timely. For all we know it will still show as being in QC after you take delivery.

The other possibility is that your vehicle was grabbed off the line for a test drive. I know they do that with every so many that come down the line. I wouldn't expect a three day test drive, but I guess if the car shows up with 100 miles on the odo, upside down footprints on the dash, and Natural Light beer cans in the back, you know you got the SC redneck quality evaluation.
That's just plain mean! But very funny

---Bill.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 04:42 PM   #297
r3t1cal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I saw you want your new car for an upcoming trip with friends, but you may have to wait for Bob and I to get to the train yard and board the train your on.

---Bill.
Huh? Guess you missed the part of that post about how the genius was able to confirm that it was loaded on the train and left 8/5. It will be arriving at Oxnard on 8/20.

The vehicle should be done processing by 8/23 and delivered to dealer on 8/25 or 8/26. right on schedule.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #298
sc68z28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Huh? Guess you missed the part of that post about how the genius was able to confirm that it was loaded on the train and left 8/5. It will be arriving at Oxnard on 8/20.

The vehicle should be done processing by 8/23 and delivered to dealer on 8/25 or 8/26. right on schedule.
Oh NO, are you saying I missed the train! Yes I missed that post. Congrats

The rest of us will just going have to catch the next train west.

---Bill.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #299
r3t1cal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh NO, are you saying I missed the train! Yes I missed that post. Congrats

The rest of us will just going have to catch the next train west.

---Bill.
I just gave them a call again and found different information again! This is so confusing.

I first tried the automated system, which told me my car was still at the port. While yesterday the automated system told me it was in transit. I spoke with a representative and they looked up the tracking and their system showed that the car was put on a train on 8/4/2018 and has an estimated arrival date of 8/19/2018. My Garage on bmwusa.com still says at the port.

The representative said both automated systems are really out of date though.

While I'm happy they now say it will arrive one day earlier...I'm also concerned with all the contradicting information. Especially since once the car is put on a train they have no way of tracking it!

What was the last four of your VIN? My car was number 2565.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 06:17 PM   #300
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
You guys at least have the option to track your order. Here in Europe, we rely on information from the dealer. Mine is unfortunately very bad, so I'm just waiting impatiently for a call or email, that the car arrived, which should be in September. Consider yourself lucky.
      08-08-2018, 06:26 PM   #301
dan6470
Private
Rep

Everyone should check with BMW genius...MyBMW still says "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" but they just told me that the car has already cleared VPC and is scheduled to be at the dealer (northeast) on Saturday!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 06:40 PM   #302
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Especially since once the car is put on a train they have no way of tracking it!

Don't know if this info is still relevant, but here is info about BMW train tracking in the US:

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1254021
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 06:48 PM   #303
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan6470 View Post
Everyone should check with BMW genius...MyBMW still says "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" but they just told me that the car has already cleared VPC and is scheduled to be at the dealer (northeast) on Saturday!
When did you call?

I just called bmw genius and they said the engineering hold and market release holds have definitely not been taken off any 2019 M40i and there's no possibility any are on their way to any dealers as of yet. As of this point the completed cars are just en route to their final processing centers based upon where they will ultimately be delivered.

Also worth noting, I raised a compliant with BMWNA concerning something else and had them look into the timeline further and someone from higher up within BMW confirmed all the same stuff.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 06:51 PM   #304
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
DISPATCHED FROM FACTORY,

---Bill.
Thanks but let the train go.

First my X3 gets completed 3 days after scheduled, which then ran into week 32, not a big deal but it started assembly on a Saturday and finished on a Monday. Bad omen. Now it's been sitting for 3 days because of some engineering hold, which I just heard was has been released and now it missed the train ride with yours out to the west coast. They only have 1 train a week coming out here.
I've had a funny feeling for a week now that I'm going to turn this X3 down when it gets to the dealer. Having owned my current 2018 M40i for almost 10 months now, I'm just not that excited to get this car anymore.
I might start looking at some other vehicle.

But I hope I'm wrong and it works out.

Last edited by BobsM3Coupe; 08-08-2018 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 06:52 PM   #305
sc68z28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I
Mine is 2743
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 07:32 PM   #306
dan6470
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
When did you call?

I just called bmw genius and they said the engineering hold and market release holds have definitely not been taken off any 2019 M40i and there's no possibility any are on their way to any dealers as of yet. As of this point the completed cars are just en route to their final processing centers based upon where they will ultimately be delivered.

Also worth noting, I raised a compliant with BMWNA concerning something else and had them look into the timeline further and someone from higher up within BMW confirmed all the same stuff.
Weird...I called about an hour ago. Genius didn't mention anything about the hold, but I didn't specifically ask either.

Maybe they expect the hold to clear by Saturday? I'm in NJ so if my car is actually at a VPC I can see it being delivered to the dealer within a day or two.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #307
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan6470 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
When did you call?

Weird...I called about an hour ago. Genius didn't mention anything about the hold, but I didn't specifically ask either.

Maybe they expect the hold to clear by Saturday? I'm in NJ so if my car is actually at a VPC I can see it being delivered to the dealer within a day or two.
Ya, give them a call in the morning and ask about the holds and if it's on a carrier en route. I'm only in FL and it would usually be here in a day or two. In fact, mine was suppose to be at the dealer today.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #308
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
DISPATCHED FROM FACTORY,

---Bill.
Thanks but let the train go.

First my X3 gets completed 3 days after scheduled, which then ran into week 32, not a big deal but it started assembly on a Saturday and finished on a Monday. Bad omen. Now it's been sitting for 3 days because of some engineering hold, which I just heard was has been released and now it missed the train ride with yours out to the west coast. They only have 1 train a week coming out here.
I've had a funny feeling for a week now that I'm going to turn this X3 down when it gets to the dealer. Having owned my current 2018 M40i for almost 10 months now, I'm just not that excited to get this car anymore.
I might start looking at some other vehicle.

But I hope I'm wrong and it works out.
Bob, the engineering holds haven't been released as late as this afternoon. If that's the case mine would have been here by now. The engineering holds are for government testing that apparently hasn't been completed yet.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0