BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-08-2023, 08:54 AM   #45
sawood711
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 22 MBB X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmicah View Post
This was estimated by my insurance company to be $31K of damage, which they instead chose to total. I'm going to try to find out where the auction will be. There was some minor damage up front, as he pushed me into a car in front of me.
I’m not sure mine is as bad as yours, but mine is pretty messed up. At this point I kinda wish mine will be totaled because if not I will be left with a expensive car that is now devalued due to this. I will have to pay for the claim since it was a hit and run and I am the one who has and had to take PTO to go to the ER and then deal with the dropping off and picking up my car. I rather it be totaled and let me move forward with my life with a new car. I just feel dejected cause I’m the victim but also having to pay for this whole accident from start to finish in numerous ways.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2023, 09:29 AM   #46
dmicah
Internet Weasel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawood711 View Post
I’m not sure mine is as bad as yours, but mine is pretty messed up. At this point I kinda wish mine will be totaled because if not I will be left with a expensive car that is now devalued due to this. I will have to pay for the claim since it was a hit and run and I am the one who has and had to take PTO to go to the ER and then deal with the dropping off and picking up my car. I rather it be totaled and let me move forward with my life with a new car. I just feel dejected cause I’m the victim but also having to pay for this whole accident from start to finish in numerous ways.
I'm so sorry for what that ass-wipe did to you and your beautiful Comp. It's absolutely unfair. I'm guessing your drive recorder didn't catch the $&/;@! or maybe your car is pre drive recorder. I hope the coppers catch him
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2023, 09:37 AM   #47
sawood711
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 22 MBB X3M Comp

Garage List
My drive recorder caught the pre-accident and the accident. The police have the videos. Just nothing is being done so far. Im in North Carolina and we don’t have front plates, so it didn’t catch the plates. I did follow the vehicle and gave the plate number to the 911 dispatcher, but it wasn’t carried over to the police report. Im trying to get in contact with the police officer, but they aren’t responding to my requests.
Appreciate 0