BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-08-2024, 10:04 AM   #23
silent ninja
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Only 1 year discounted rates was a bit stingy on a £65k car. 3 years it should have been.

I'm using the Octopus Electroverse card which at least seems to work across more vendors. The discounts are a mixed bag.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 10:24 AM   #24
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent ninja View Post
Only 1 year discounted rates was a bit stingy on a £65k car. 3 years it should have been.

I'm using the Octopus Electroverse card which at least seems to work across more vendors. The discounts are a mixed bag.
Can you tell us what the current price is at Ionity? It doesn't seem to be listed anywhere on the website.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 10:56 AM   #25
silent ninja
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
Can you tell us what the current price is at Ionity? It doesn't seem to be listed anywhere on the website.
Showing as 71p per kWh. Pricey
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 01:28 AM   #26
Imspartacus123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 MSport Pro

Yikes, I always think on average I will get 3 miles per kWh, so that works out at 23.67p per mile, Charing at home for me works out at 2.5p per mile so almost 10 times as much, so my 1000 per month would be around £236 vs £25 if my maths are correct, surely that is more than an oil burner which I work out to be around £160, based on getting 40mpg, cost of fuel £1.41 per ltr.

I know out if the 3 figures what I’d rather be paying.

Also convenience, getting home or work and plugging in is 30 seconds out of my day
      02-12-2024, 04:03 AM   #27
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imspartacus123 View Post
Yikes, I always think on average I will get 3 miles per kWh, so that works out at 23.67p per mile, Charing at home for me works out at 2.5p per mile so almost 10 times as much, so my 1000 per month would be around £236 vs £25 if my maths are correct, surely that is more than an oil burner which I work out to be around £160, based on getting 40mpg, cost of fuel £1.41 per ltr.

I know out if the 3 figures what I’d rather be paying.

Also convenience, getting home or work and plugging in is 30 seconds out of my day
Of course it depends on where you do your mileage. Most of mine is local, so charge at home. I typically do a longer trip, needing to charge away from home, once every 2-3 months. So for me electric is still cheaper than ICE.

Regular higher mileage drivers will have one of the subscription packages, reducing the cost slightly. Any many of them may be on company business and hence able to reclaim the cost.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 04:34 AM   #28
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini SE EV, iX3 M Sport Pro

Had our first charge at a Tesla Supercharger last week. The app worked well the only downside was although there were 5 stalls available they were on the wrong side for us to plug in until someone moved!
At £0.58 a kW it wasn't a bad price.
Appreciate 2
adam.b189.00
      02-29-2024, 04:08 AM   #29
simon-p
Registered
Rep
Drives: iX 50

post bmw flex - ionity vs tesla

Hi All:

similarly to some of you, my Flex Ionity has expired, and now I am comparing Tesla vs Ionity for UK and France-Germany charging.

It seems largely comparable in price with the subscription, albeit Tesla having better coverage in UK in a couple of other regions.

What is annoying, though, is figuring out the exact tariff when subscribing via Ionity directly vs BMW Ionity Plus. Any insights?

Best,
Simon
iX50 (Surrey Heath)
OVO at home
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 04:25 AM   #30
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

I’ve gor three trips in May/June/July (Nurburgring, Le Mans and Spa) and I’m planning to use mainly Tesla but some Ionity.

My Ionity will also have expired so I’ll join for two months using Ionity directly and maintain my Tesla membership anyway for combined UK/Europe use.

I could compare the Ionity price direct vs via BMW but can’t be bothered (as I think it may vary per country?) and based on the analysis above, I expect it to be the same e.g. cheaper going direct.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 03:36 AM   #31
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon-p View Post
Hi All:

similarly to some of you, my Flex Ionity has expired, and now I am comparing Tesla vs Ionity for UK and France-Germany charging.

It seems largely comparable in price with the subscription, albeit Tesla having better coverage in UK in a couple of other regions.

What is annoying, though, is figuring out the exact tariff when subscribing via Ionity directly vs BMW Ionity Plus. Any insights?

Best,
Simon
iX50 (Surrey Heath)
OVO at home
If you go back to post #13 on page 1 of this thread I have broken down the costs for each package. They are all on the Ionity website.
Appreciate 1
adam.b189.00
      03-04-2024, 05:10 PM   #32
ccunningham_iX3
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport 2024

Consider a £10.99 membership to use some of the tesla super network, I use these an just charged for a coat of 0.39/kw which is way cheaper than anything else I have found, even better than the slow chargers near me. I always stop on the M4 around Reading to fill up. Hopefully this will remain as cheap.
Appreciate 0