BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-21-2024, 03:34 AM   #1
xins01
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3 SR+

Bimmerflow app

Anyone here using the bimmerflow app on IOS?

I like that they added carplay support now, and ofc the app shows the SoC in percentage.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 06:35 PM   #2
jsalva
Registered
Panama
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 2024

I tried to join the beta but it says it's full, any idea when will this app be launched?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 11:58 AM   #3
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

It’s available for purchase for ios
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 05:00 AM   #4
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Hello,

I’ve just purchased an ODB to use the Bimmerflow app, I’ll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 10:35 AM   #5
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep

Purchased the app already. Guess the only good thing is that you can see the soc in percentage while driving.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 04:10 AM   #6
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Forgive me for not understanding this. Apart from being able to see the SoC as a %, what do I actually get for my £20 here? And does it work with the car without a dongle? Or do I need to pay more for that?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 11:34 AM   #7
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
Forgive me for not understanding this. Apart from being able to see the SoC as a %, what do I actually get for my £20 here? And does it work with the car without a dongle? Or do I need to pay more for that?
It’s tell you the soh of the battery. Temperature of the battery and electric motor. You will need the obd reader to use.

You can download the app and try. Without unlocking the app, you are able to see some basic stuff. But not the soh.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 12:57 AM   #8
fulgeru
Romania
Rep

It seems I am among the luckiest ones; it will be two years in August.

LE: the OBD is a proper one, from the list they suggest - Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth
Attached Images

Last edited by fulgeru; 04-24-2024 at 01:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi63.00
      04-24-2024, 03:17 AM   #9
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmetbox View Post
It’s tell you the soh of the battery. Temperature of the battery and electric motor. You will need the obd reader to use.

You can download the app and try. Without unlocking the app, you are able to see some basic stuff. But not the soh.
Thanks. I'll be handing the car back in 18 months. So looks like I can save myself some money here then!!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 03:50 AM   #10
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Hello,

Just my opinion, £19.99 is on the expensive side for the BimmerFlow app, but I’m the type of person that can’t do things like coding or interpreting car data very well, so the way the app takes the information from the car and visualises it in a way I can understand is really good for me.

I’m impressed with the state of health, I drive around mostly in Comfort mode and no different in style from previous ICE cars. Of course, for someone like me, the nearest association and experience I have of battery degradation is in mobile phones which seem to fall off a cliff after a couple of years, but for my iX3 to hold the battery health the way it has done, I’m really happy with it.

The one piece of data I’m actually more impressed by, is the regenerative braking, so about 25% of discharged energy is from the recouped regenerative braking, that’s more than I thought it’d be?

Many thanks,
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 05:08 AM   #11
keninuk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

Good to see near 100% of original capacity on 2 year old cars. Having only rapid charged twice in 2 years myself, I would expect to see similar but I will stay in a state of ignorance as there is very little I can do to with regards to reducing my rapid charging.

I notice the Maximum Energy Content for the two screenshots above are 72kWh and 74kWh. 99.5% and 99.7% of 74kWh (net pack capacity) are both 74kWh when rounded to the whole kWh so not sure why the one states 72kWh.

Also the one screenshot states Max Energy Content (Gross) at 75kWh. With a gross pack capacity of 80kWh it will be interesting to see how these figures look after 3 years or for vehicles with higher mileage/more rapid charging.
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi63.00
      04-24-2024, 04:16 PM   #12
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini SE EV, iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeXi View Post
Hello,

I’ve just purchased an ODB to use the Bimmerflow app, I’ll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks,
Which dongle did you buy?

Does the app monitor the 12 volt battery too?
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi63.00
      04-24-2024, 11:58 PM   #13
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Hello,

I bought the “OBDLINK CX Bimmercode Bluetooth 5.1 BLE OBD2 Adapter”, from Amazon, it was really easy to use, just follow on the on screen prompts, very much designed for “plug and play”.

The app only appears to obtain data about the high voltage battery mind, it doesn’t seem to show anything for the 12v system.

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 04:48 AM   #14
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini SE EV, iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Hello,

I bought the “OBDLINK CX Bimmercode Bluetooth 5.1 BLE OBD2 Adapter”, from Amazon, it was really easy to use, just follow on the on screen prompts, very much designed for “plug and play”.

The app only appears to obtain data about the high voltage battery mind, it doesn’t seem to show anything for the 12v system.

Many thanks,
Thanks for your prompt reply, is that for IOS?
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi63.00
      04-25-2024, 05:56 AM   #15
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Hello,

That’s the iOS version of the app, yeah.

Many thanks,
Appreciate 1
EVGirl28.50
      04-26-2024, 10:25 AM   #16
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hello,

Just my opinion, £19.99 is on the expensive side for the BimmerFlow app, but I’m the type of person that can’t do things like coding or interpreting car data very well, so the way the app takes the information from the car and visualises it in a way I can understand is really good for me.

I’m impressed with the state of health, I drive around mostly in Comfort mode and no different in style from previous ICE cars. Of course, for someone like me, the nearest association and experience I have of battery degradation is in mobile phones which seem to fall off a cliff after a couple of years, but for my iX3 to hold the battery health the way it has done, I’m really happy with it.

The one piece of data I’m actually more impressed by, is the regenerative braking, so about 25% of discharged energy is from the recouped regenerative braking, that’s more than I thought it’d be?

Many thanks,
You can compared the number with the car regeneration figures. My was fairly close. (Use the reading under factory)
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi63.00