BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-04-2023, 02:41 PM   #1
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini SE EV, iX3 M Sport Pro

When is the first service due?

We were given to understand that the first service on our iX3 would be due at two years old when it would need brake fluid and a micro filter?
It is 11 months old and has done 4000 miles.
We've had two polite messages from our supplying dealer saying that the first service will soon be due? Has anyone else had this message or did you buy into a service deal?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 03:21 PM   #2
Mogwai888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3

Hi

Have you checked the MyBMW app?

Under vehicle status, there’s a services section which shows the brake fluid and vehicle check dates, which for mine is 2 years from when registered.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 04:02 PM   #3
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes that's what mine says too. I'm wondering if BMW are fishing for a service contract before the car is one year old in September.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2023, 04:02 AM   #4
EVFan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 MS Pro 2022

I had my 1st service a couple of months ago at just over 20,000 miles, it didn't include brake fluid change.
If indeed it does need brake fluid change at 2 years (and I would dispute whether this is necessary in this time period) that will not be until July 2024.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 01:19 PM   #5
hollpe
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport

The Vehicle Check band Brake Fluid are due in Jan 24 for mine. It will be two years old then and on around 22k miles. All the services on the iX3 appear to be solely time based and not related to mileage.
Appreciate 1
adam.b189.00
      08-17-2023, 12:55 PM   #6
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVFan View Post
I had my 1st service a couple of months ago at just over 20,000 miles, it didn't include brake fluid change.
If indeed it does need brake fluid change at 2 years (and I would dispute whether this is necessary in this time period) that will not be until July 2024.
What did they do at the 20k mile service and how much did they charge you?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 06:34 AM   #7
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ´23 iX3 M Sport Charged

The first service is after 2 years - no matter what mileage/km´s you´re doing in that period. At least that applies here in DK.
      09-04-2023, 04:59 AM   #8
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Got another e mail from my dealer yesterday saying that the first service is due!
It's one year old next week!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 06:42 AM   #9
DaveCV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

The 2 year service was completed last month. It included a brake fluid change. I have a Service Plan that does mention annual checks so I intend to take in back in next year prior to its MOT to clear any possible warranty items.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 11:40 AM   #10
Richchad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVGirl View Post
Got another e mail from my dealer yesterday saying that the first service is due!
It's one year old next week!
Mine will be 1 year old 31st December 2023 and yes I have just had an email from my dealer saying this....

We have sent you this reminder as a previous customer of our BMW dealership.
Our records show that your BMW, may be due its scheduled service as recommended by the manufacturer. As a duty of care, we wanted to ensure this has been brought to your attention in plenty of time.
To ensure your car runs to its optimum and to preserve your warranty, you should ensure that this is completed by an approved retailer using genuine parts.

As others have mentioned the first service according to the BMW app is 24 months, I note they actually say "may be due"

So will just ignore it.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 04:31 AM   #11
mekaro78
Registered
Rep
Drives: gabogili

Quote:
Geometry dash world said:

We were given to understand that the first service on our iX3 would be due at two years old when it would need brake fluid and a micro filter?
We've had two polite messages from our supplying dealer saying that the first service will soon be due? Has anyone else had this message or did you buy into a service deal?

Thanks
You might have unknowingly purchased a pre-paid service plan that includes earlier service intervals.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 02:24 AM   #12
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVGirl View Post

Thanks
Hello,

I purchased the BMW Service Inclusive (4 years) package and you’re right, the service frequency is two years (unless the condition based monitoring detects any problems sooner?). As far as I’m aware you’re right with the work, this is literally just brake fluid change and cabin micro filter.

I’d recommend having a look back through the paperwork from your service plan purchase to check as in the past (Mazda) and I’m not entirely sure how true this is, but I’ve been told that some service plans were (of sorts) sold by the manufacturer (indirectly), other service plans are created and sold by the dealership, an example of this, is when they offer a % off parts and labour for future maintenance work outside of the minimum services required.

It could also just be that whoever updated the marketing information in the dealership database got the service frequency wrong?

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 05:43 AM   #13
Bluefoz
Private
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Ltd Ed., iX3 Pro

Just had our first service completed - the car’s 2 years old. All that is required is brake fluid and the usual “visual checks.” The price was originally around the £150 mark although 30 minutes after checking the vehicle in, the dealer called “suggesting” that I should consider an additional “electric vehicle check / service” (or words along those lines). That would take the total to an eye-watering £360!

I asked what this additional work comprised of and whether the car’s warranty relied on having the worked carried out. It comprised of a load of visual inspections, the only physical work was changing the microfilter (which really annoys me as it's literally a 10 minute job to fit an idential OEM filter that costs me £35 - for which they charge a fortune for). They confirmed that the car's warranty was unaffected whether I chose to have the additional work done or not - I declined and proved my 10 minute estimate to be true.
Appreciate 2
      02-02-2024, 03:34 AM   #14
keninuk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

My dashboard has been showing service due in Feb 2024 for months now and as the car was registered 01 Mar 2022 I put this down to it perhaps being based on the PDI date which would have been just before I received the vehicle.

The app was showing yesterday that the Service, Brake fluid change and *Micro Filter which it stated is based on a dynamic rather than time basis. This morning it simply states the Brake fluid and Vehicle check are due Feb 2024.

I also received an email from my dealer yesterday which stated the service was due on 01 Feb 2024 which is a full month before the vehicle was registered and the warranty commences from.

Having phoned the dealer it appears that they received the vehicle on 26 Jan 2022 which is earlier than I had thought/was informed and the date is based on that. Based on an original delivery of mid March, I had insisted on a 22 plate so it seems this is a knock on effect of them keeping it for 5 weeks. I think March 01 was probably as long as they could delay registration as BMW only allows cars to be unregistered after delivery for a certain length of time and my collection date was agreed as 05 Mar before they registered it on the 1st.

The dealer did say that with my service being done on 01 Mar (wait appointment already booked) it may turn orange but that would not affect any warranty as BMW allow a certain amount over what I think is the stated 1 month/1,000 miles they allow you but they don't tell the dealers what this is!

Given I have only done 8,000 miles in two years I have left my service as 01 Mar as it will be less than 30 days due to February being a short month and going forward my service month will be March and tie in with the vehicle registration and warranty.

Not sure from the above posts whether you can have the filter changed without the optional checks but given my mileage I will pass on the optional extras.

I imagine a few more people will have had their vehicles serviced by now so perhaps they can let us know what it cost/work done.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 04:36 AM   #15
hollpe
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport

I had mine done in December (approx 22k miles) which came in at £256 for the vehicle check, brake fluid and micro filter.

As expected the pads had very little wear with 10mm left on the rears and 12mm on the front. Discs were hardly worn either.
Appreciate 1
keninuk81.00
      03-01-2024, 05:43 AM   #16
keninuk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

Just had my 2 year service and I queried about whether the Micro Filter was required and although it appears optional, based on reading my key it would show as an outstanding item on the service history.

While I was booking in, the Micro Filter price was not showing and he said it would be I think £236 for the service and brake fluid, and around £300 with the Micro Filter which I agreed to.

Come to invoicing, he apologised as he had got the Micro Filter very wrong and it was around £384 but offered a revised total of £342.

Looking at the actual invoice it seems that even with £42 knocked off the bill (cannot tell where though) the biggest single item by far was the Micro Filter!

The unit price of the Micro Filter on my invoice excluding VAT was £68.66 and the labour was £87.50. At least it is only the MOT and to sort any warranty issues next year.

They also charged me £3.77 for a key fob battery. I wouldn't have minded, but I only changed it last month when the car said it needed doing!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 05:30 AM   #17
CJ10jeeper
CJ10a
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3, Jaguar F Type, Jeeps

Hi all
Purchased an iX3 Pro just under a year ago so returning the the BMW fold after may years of petrol and diesel X5's Z4, etc.

My dash and app are both indicating service 'Vehicle Check' due in 05/24 inc. microfilter and a brake fluid change. Fair enough for these 2 parts

When contacting the dealership they also say it also requires a 'CBS Electric Service' and are adding £180 for this ramping the cost up to £380.

Is this correct as I can see no BMW reference to the electric service it being required?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 05:41 AM   #18
Bluefoz
Private
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Ltd Ed., iX3 Pro

See my post above - exactly the same situation a few months ago.

My advice: get the brake fluid done by them, do the micro filter replacement and reset the service indicator yourself. It’s the cheapest combination and doesn’t affect your warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 12:57 PM   #19
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10jeeper View Post
Hi all
Purchased an iX3 Pro just under a year ago so returning the the BMW fold after may years of petrol and diesel X5's Z4, etc.

My dash and app are both indicating service 'Vehicle Check' due in 05/24 inc. microfilter and a brake fluid change. Fair enough for these 2 parts

When contacting the dealership they also say it also requires a 'CBS Electric Service' and are adding £180 for this ramping the cost up to £380.

Is this correct as I can see no BMW reference to the electric service it being required?
Have you done high mileage?

Since mine arrived it said on the dash Service due 11/2023 (2 years from delivery). I'm a fairly low mileage driver (17k total now).

I have just checked the app. Under next services it states Brake Fluid Nov 2025 and Vehicle check Nov 2025.
Appreciate 0