BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-06-2024, 06:07 AM   #1
up_north
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D

2022/2023 changes

Me again. It looks like around 2023 there was a slight change to the car. The only obvious change I can see was the gear lever changing to more of a toggle and possibly changes to the climate control.

Any other notable changes?
Thanks - again.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 07:30 AM   #2
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ´23 iX3 M Sport Charged

The only thing changed for the ´23 is the gear (or direction ) selector.
      02-06-2024, 08:37 AM   #3
up_north
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 09:07 AM   #4
Andras6800
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSelle View Post
The only thing changed for the ´23 is the gear (or direction ) selector.
Hmm, that is sad. Especially I am facing more and more claims/issues on forums due to CCU problems.

Mine also equipped with new gear. I had the hope so far, there is an upgraded/fixed CCU used.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 10:20 AM   #5
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andras6800 View Post
Hmm, that is sad. Especially I am facing more and more claims/issues on forums due to CCU problems.

Mine also equipped with new gear. I had the hope so far, there is an upgraded/fixed CCU used.
With CCU, are you referring to the Combined Charging Unit? If that were to be upgraded in a model, it would not be publicised. The manufacturers normally only talk about things that people can see or experience.

Having said that, I don't remember any ongoing charging issues with the iX3 being discussed here. I have been a member for over two years. Which forums have you seen all these issues? Also remember that people with a problem tend to shout about it. Those not experiencing the problem tend to keep quiet.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 04:09 PM   #6
Andras6800
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
With CCU, are you referring to the Combined Charging Unit? If that were to be upgraded in a model, it would not be publicised. The manufacturers normally only talk about things that people can see or experience.

Having said that, I don't remember any ongoing charging issues with the iX3 being discussed here. I have been a member for over two years. Which forums have you seen all these issues? Also remember that people with a problem tend to shout about it. Those not experiencing the problem tend to keep quiet.
Yes, with CCI I am referring to the Combined Charging Unit. I know, about manufacturers info sharing in such cases. They will neves share suck quality improvement changes. It is silent. So there is still hope.

I know, forums are always filter for negative cases. There is no statistical background, but I faced with CCU issue reports at least 5-6 times since September 2023 in the BMW iX3 Europe Facebook closed group. Some of them revealed via charging abnormalities but there was also some cases where the car stuck. It has been moved via trailer to BMW service.

It is something what also may happen with ICE, so I don to think, iX3 is not a great car.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 03:19 AM   #7
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andras6800 View Post
Yes, with CCI I am referring to the Combined Charging Unit. I know, about manufacturers info sharing in such cases. They will neves share suck quality improvement changes. It is silent. So there is still hope.

I know, forums are always filter for negative cases. There is no statistical background, but I faced with CCU issue reports at least 5-6 times since September 2023 in the BMW iX3 Europe Facebook closed group. Some of them revealed via charging abnormalities but there was also some cases where the car stuck. It has been moved via trailer to BMW service.

It is something what also may happen with ICE, so I don to think, iX3 is not a great car.
There are only a few people reporting problems with the CCU in that group, which appears to have been replaced under warranty). There are 9300 people in the group. It hardly seems like an ongoing issue with the vehicle.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2024, 03:06 AM   #8
Andras6800
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
There are only a few people reporting problems with the CCU in that group, which appears to have been replaced under warranty). There are 9300 people in the group. It hardly seems like an ongoing issue with the vehicle.
Okay, you are right.
Appreciate 0