BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-23-2024, 04:29 PM   #1
steviej2802
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

How to bring route itinerary including charge stops from app to car

The title says it all....

I understand how to calculate a route in the MyBMW app, and it recommends charging stops (including how long needed at each), and know how to send the destination to my car.

However, I do not know how to find these once I am driving. I can't find the itinerary, or the recommended charging stops and charge times.

Most likely I have just not understood the Nav system correctly. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 08:29 AM   #2
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

This just screams "poor nav system" at me. It is things like this which cause me to use a Ģ100 standalone TomTom unit in my Ģ65k car!!! It is an ICE sat nav that has been placed into an EV.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 01:06 AM   #3
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ī23 iX3 M Sport Charged

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
This just screams "poor nav system" at me. It is things like this which cause me to use a Ģ100 standalone TomTom unit in my Ģ65k car!!! It is an ICE sat nav that has been placed into an EV.
Are you +80 years old? Thatīs the only age-group, that I know of at least, who still has TomTomīs

If you dislike the built-in nav, the car has Carplay and AA.

Even though the original nav might not be best in class, it still works fine IMHO. Itīs not a 100% "gas system", as you can see the chargers and the current status (busy/not busy etc.).
      01-25-2024, 04:05 AM   #4
Mogwai888
Private First Class
Rep

If I recall correctly, you go to the BMW NAV screen and find Received destinations and think there’s a sub category from the BMW app…..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 09:24 AM   #5
steviej2802
Rep

Itinerary with charge stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai888 View Post
If I recall correctly, you go to the BMW NAV screen and find Received destinations and think there’s a sub category from the BMW app…..
Thanks for that. I do understand how to pick up the Destination.... My problem is just that I don't know how to carry over the Itinerary - including the Charging Stops.

Now, when i had the demo of my car at the dealer, I think I recall seeing him showing a route including charging stops on the car itself (not the app). Now I can't find how to do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 09:45 AM   #6
Mogwai888
Private First Class
Rep

No worries.

The destination should also include the charging stops.

I’ve just checked on my app and tried an old destination that I know was out of range (400 miles away) and it has calculated the charging stops required.

My app does say that my car supports sending and receiving multi stop trips and is BMW OS7 when I hit send to car.

Assume your car has this, my car is an LCI.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 09:56 AM   #7
steviej2802
Rep

OK, think I found it (and yes, it was as obvious as I feared!)
  • Add the destination (further than your current charge will take you). It will just show the route.
  • Wait a while, then it will come up with pop-up saying something like 'Route optimised for charging'.
  • Then click on the 'Current Guidance'. This will then show all the charging stops
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2024, 03:02 AM   #8
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSelle View Post
Are you +80 years old? Thatīs the only age-group, that I know of at least, who still has TomTomīs

If you dislike the built-in nav, the car has Carplay and AA.

Even though the original nav might not be best in class, it still works fine IMHO. Itīs not a 100% "gas system", as you can see the chargers and the current status (busy/not busy etc.).
Thanks for the compliment.

My TomTom has the most works perfectly, and has live traffic that is better than the built in system, and better than Apple Maps (it has about 15 min lag from events happening to updating the device). It has a better GPS antenna than all phones. And the maps have a lifetime update service. Why would I choose something inferior to a TomTom, when I have that available to me?
Appreciate 0