BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-07-2024, 12:23 PM   #1
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

Remote climatisation

Is anyone else having issues with the remote climatisation feature in the app? Up to a week or so ago everything has been working fine and I've had no problems with it. Now it refuses to work and just gives me the usual something has gone wrong message.

I've reset the car twice, deleted my phone twice, now I've also removed the car from the app, deleted the app and reinstalled everything. Unfortunately none of this has worked. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems or has a suggestion on what else to try?

This is on my new iPhone 15 which I got 2 weeks ago. First week no problem at all and now this. It's been working fine for 3 months prior to this on my iPhone XS. It also seems if I'm not at home it works so that will cause issues demoing it at the dealers. Turning WiFi off on the phone doesn't work either so that bit doesn't make sense.

I just thought I'd try here first before wasting my time with them.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 12:57 PM   #2
JAV64
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

I had an issue recently but it was not the same. With me the remote function set to AC so it was blowing cold when it was suppoed to blow hot air. To resolve that I stopped the app and then restarted and its been working fine. maybe you should download the latest version and then try again.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 02:50 PM   #3
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Cheers Jav64, but if you read my post you'll see that I've already deleted the app and reinstalled fresh.

I've just tried a hard reset in the car from the diagnostic setting. This let me send the request and it worked, let's see if tomorrow it still works or it's back to its broken self. I've already done this twice before so I'm not holding my breath.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 08:48 AM   #4
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini SE EV, iX3 M Sport Pro

Our Mini wouldn't work on the app at all last week! We haven't done anything but this week it's working fine again every time.
The iX3 usually works fine too only now and again does it not work.
I think the apps can be a bit flakey sometimes but usually they sort themselves out in a day or two.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2024, 04:08 AM   #5
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I thought that as well, usually a couple of days and they work again. This was well over a week so I was more concerned than usual.

It also lost the carplay connection a couple of times so I had to keep pairing my phone. I re-did everything again (deleted everything, reset idrive, blah, blah) and it seems to be working again so hopefully it was just a glitch that went on for a little longer than normal.
Appreciate 0