BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-08-2020, 05:30 PM   #903
Moniquersvp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

New car made to order
I would pick up at bmw experience center
Finance apr 3.99
Anything else I should ask?
I want to pay off loan ASAP to avoid finance charges
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 08:47 AM   #904
blschaefer1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 xDrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniquersvp View Post
New car made to order
I would pick up at bmw experience center
Finance apr 3.99
Anything else I should ask?
I want to pay off loan ASAP to avoid finance charges
Dealer might be marking up APR, current BMW FS rate for top tier credit is 2.99%.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 11:39 PM   #905
caliE46
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

allocation difficulty

I'm trying to custom order a 2020 X3 M40i.

I've spoken to a few dealers in my area who are offering competitive MSRP discounts before incentives, but none of them have actual allocations, nor do they seem to be in a hurry to procure an allocation for me from another source.

Am I missing something? Is there some difficulty getting allocations right now? I am a little stumped and getting frustrated...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 11:19 AM   #906
dmicah
Internet Weasel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliE46 View Post
I'm trying to custom order a 2020 X3 M40i.

I've spoken to a few dealers in my area who are offering competitive MSRP discounts before incentives, but none of them have actual allocations, nor do they seem to be in a hurry to procure an allocation for me from another source.

Am I missing something? Is there some difficulty getting allocations right now? I am a little stumped and getting frustrated...
That's definitely weird. One thought I have is related to my west coast custom order: upon completion of production, west coast cars get sent from Spartanburg via rail to Oxnard, then transported via truck to the dealer.

I custom ordered on 11/21 and still haven't received my car. My car completed production around 12/15 and was put on the train, with arrival at Oxnard scheduled for 12/31 (which seemed like a long time). I was then informed that there was "holiday strife" (?) with the longshoremen in Oxnard and there were shipping delays. My car sat on that train in Oxnard for weeks not getting unloaded and only got off the train on 1/8. It's still waiting to get on the truck. Point being: west coast custom order cars are a mess right now because of trouble at VDC/Port in Oxnard. Maybe that's impacting bay area dealers ability to order?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 01:49 PM   #907
eRiggs5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlandM3 View Post
Guys

Those of you that want the absolute best deal for a new BMW , you've gotta call Tri-Cities BMW. I just bought a 2020 X3 M40i , fully loaded...almost 10k off, incentives included
Did you lease or buy? If you leased, what's your payment and how much did you put down?

Thanks!

2020 Grand Cherokee Summit: Wife's
2016 BMW M3: Gone
2008 Lexus IS: Gone
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 08:48 PM   #908
Moniquersvp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Another question

When negotiating, if one dealer asks for specifics on the name of the three dealer who offered the better deal, do you give them this info?

This dealer offered 10% off msrp while the other offered 17%.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 06:32 AM   #909
BMWPenPen
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i

Quote:
Another question

When negotiating, if one dealer asks for specifics on the name of the three dealer who offered the better deal, do you give them this info?

17%! After incentives? You need to jump on that.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:33 PM   #910
mohdali4400
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X4-30i (G02) M-Kit

Garage List
Two months now. 2020 X4 30i with M Kit! This is the build I got for equivalent to $71000/- vehicle was from the dealer lot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 03:48 PM   #911
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Another question

You're not obligated to give them anything but also they aren't obligated to sell you a car. If you have a 17% off offer, might want to go with that.
Appreciate 1
Alias1431795.00
      01-15-2020, 02:13 PM   #912
chewietobbacca
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Anyone who has custom ordered an X3 (xDrive 30i or M40i)... anyone know long the allocation process is taking? Or rather, what the lead time on a build is right now? I recently heard it was up to 4 months on one of the dealerships I was quoted on, but I see that some people are getting it quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2ms View Post
Just placed a custom order on a lease in SoCal:
Could I get the contact info on that dealer?

Last edited by chewietobbacca; 01-15-2020 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 07:24 PM   #913
dmicah
Internet Weasel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewietobbacca View Post
Anyone who has custom ordered an X3 (xDrive 30i or M40i)... anyone know long the allocation process is taking? Or rather, what the lead time on a build is right now? I recently heard it was up to 4 months on one of the dealerships I was quoted on, but I see that some people are getting it quicker.
West coast car like you would be ordering. I ordered on 11/21/19 and was notified yesterday 1/14/20 that the car was at the dealership (54 days total). As mentioned earlier in the thread, there was some sort of issue at the port that seemed to slow it down. I think 45 days might have been more normal, though there's no telling if stuff will remain mixed up in Oxnard.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 10:26 PM   #914
DocWho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 30i, 2019 Z4 30i

Quote:
Another question

I negotiated with my preferred dealer and wasn't satisfied so I contacted another dealer who gave me a signed offer that was 5k lower than dealer one. I forwarded that to the first dealer and they immediately undercut dealer two by 1k. That left me at 16% under MSRP so I took it. I also discovered that neither dealer had anything negative to say about the other, which made me feel better about buying from one of them.

Last edited by DocWho; 01-17-2020 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 11:33 PM   #915
chewietobbacca
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmicah View Post
West coast car like you would be ordering. I ordered on 11/21/19 and was notified yesterday 1/14/20 that the car was at the dealership (54 days total). As mentioned earlier in the thread, there was some sort of issue at the port that seemed to slow it down. I think 45 days might have been more normal, though there's no telling if stuff will remain mixed up in Oxnard.
Thanks. 2 months seems more realistic than 4 months

Side note: anyone else seeing MF marked up a lot right now? .00137 seems to be the base, but everyone around here is quoting something closer to .00177/8
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 01:30 PM   #916
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewietobbacca View Post

Could I get the contact info on that dealer?
What you should really be asking for is build week from your dealer as it really doesn't matter when you place your order it is all about the production slot your dealer has available to customize for your order.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 07:11 PM   #917
Moniquersvp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Can you advise what dealer fees should be?

Above offer

Msrp 53270 including destination fee
Discount of 9000 (5750 plus 3250 incentives from loan)
Dealer fee 799
Other fees 104.50
Tax 197
Total 47179.52

Is this high for a dealer fee? Should there be other paperwork fees for 100?
Ca these fees be negoiated down? When percent off of msrp calculates does that include destination in msrp?
Your thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 08:45 PM   #918
buzaza
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Anyone has a good sample email that they use to send to dealers to get good initial quote? Thanks and appreciate it. BTW, I am new here and looking to either finance or lease a 2020 x3!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 02:39 PM   #919
DonkSlimhammer
Rep
Drives: Deciding

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzaza View Post
Anyone has a good sample email that they use to send to dealers to get good initial quote? Thanks and appreciate it. BTW, I am new here and looking to either finance or lease a 2020 x3!
Hi (internet sales manager name here),

I am interested in stock/lot# (you fill in from dealer website). Would you be willing to do x% off (you fill in the x% you want- usually around 10-14% off depending on your region) before any incentives? If so, I could pick the car up today/tomorrow.

Thanks,

your name

If you want to lease, go to edmunds.com and find out the Money Factor (MF) and residual % for your zip (I'm 99% sure MF will be .00137 and residual 57%). The residual is mandated by the banks and can't be changed but MF is where dealerships make their money by raising it. Any number higher than .00137 is above base and their profit. However, if you don't have tier 1 credit you will not get .00137 regardless of dealership.

You should do A LOT of research and know exactly what you want for payment by checking the forums (edmunds, here, others, etc.) and knowing what others are paying for the vehicle and options you want, what incentives are available from BMW (they differ from lease to purchase), and where dealerships hide fees and try rip you off.

When you do make it that far, and find yourself at the dealership ready to sign and the finance manager is telling you about all the "important and additional protection" programs, repeat this over and over and over and over, "No thank you "

There is a much more that I could add, but you have to do your own work.

If nothing else hear this: If you don't know what is going on every step of the way you will get ripped off at some point. The car business is predatory by nature. If you don't want to put in the work, don't care about money, and/or can't control you're impulses, you'll get fucked. Plain and simple. Always negotiate purchase price NOT monthly payments (whether leasing or buying). There is a lot to learn (A LOT!) but when you do finally get your vehicle at YOUR price you can sleep well knowing you took care of yourself and your future and 6 months from now won't be posting on swapalease, "Beautiful black on black X3 s30i in mint condition, 30 months left, 800 miles avg per month, $749/mo, buyer pays $500 transfer fee..."

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 07:24 AM   #920
MLO.718
Rep
Drives: 2017 340GT; 2014 X3 35i

2020 X4 M40i - Best Deal?

Hello -

About to give back my fully loaded 2017 340GT, which has been an amazing ride, but ready for something new. I came close to buying this car since they don't make them anymore, but a little leery about owning something with this much tech for more than 3 years!

After going back and forth between the X3 & X4 M40's, I'm settled on the X4... I really like the styling, and I'm fine with less room. Only one lil' tyke to keep in the back seat, and the wife has an Outback to haul TV's from Costco..

This is the best deal I've found so far, with minimal shopping and not much negotiating.. NY metro area dealer:

2020 BMW X4 M40i
Carbon Black w/ Mocha
Carbon Fiber trim
20" M Wheels (699M)
Premium Package
Driving Assistance & DA Plus
Ambient Lighting
Wireless Charging

MSRP - 69,545 (incl. d&h)
Selling Price - 62,792 (9.7% discount)
Incentives - 1500 loyalty + ~3000 lease credit (forgot new Jan amount)

36 mo/10k
Cash on delivery - 4,311 (incl NY taxes & fees)
Monthly payment - 645

Seems like a pretty good deal. I might add Ventilated Seats, and perhaps roof rails... Appreciate any and all feedback!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 01:26 PM   #921
DonkSlimhammer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLO.718 View Post
Hello -

About to give back my fully loaded 2017 340GT, which has been an amazing ride, but ready for something new. I came close to buying this car since they don't make them anymore, but a little leery about owning something with this much tech for more than 3 years!

After going back and forth between the X3 & X4 M40's, I'm settled on the X4... I really like the styling, and I'm fine with less room. Only one lil' tyke to keep in the back seat, and the wife has an Outback to haul TV's from Costco..

This is the best deal I've found so far, with minimal shopping and not much negotiating.. NY metro area dealer:

2020 BMW X4 M40i
Carbon Black w/ Mocha
Carbon Fiber trim
20" M Wheels (699M)
Premium Package
Ambient Lighting
Wireless Charging

36 mo/10k
Monthly payment - 645

Seems like a pretty good deal. I might add Ventilated Seats, and perhaps roof rails... Appreciate any and all feedback!
Quote:
Hello -

2020 BMW X4 M40i
Carbon Black w/ Mocha
Carbon Fiber trim
20" M Wheels (699M)
Premium Package
Ambient Lighting
Wireless Charging

36 mo/10k
Monthly payment - 645

Base money factor?

You might want to take it to NJ dealers and see if they'll beat it and then you can add MSD's and lower your payment even more.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 01:37 PM   #922
DonkSlimhammer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkSlimhammer View Post
Quote:
Hello -

2020 BMW X4 M40i
Carbon Black w/ Mocha
Carbon Fiber trim
20" M Wheels (699M)
Premium Package
Ambient Lighting
Wireless Charging

36 mo/10k
Monthly payment - 645

Quote:
Hello -

2020 BMW X4 M40i
Carbon Black w/ Mocha
Carbon Fiber trim
20" M Wheels (699M)
Premium Package
Ambient Lighting
Wireless Charging

36 mo/10k
Monthly payment - 645

Base money factor?

You might want to take it to NJ dealers and see if they'll beat it and then you can add MSD's and lower your payment even more.
Quote:
Hello -

2020 BMW X4 M40i
Carbon Black w/ Mocha
Carbon Fiber trim
20" M Wheels (699M)
Premium Package
Ambient Lighting
Wireless Charging

36 mo/10k
Monthly payment - 645

I just saw you have base MF... if you do MSD's you could save about $35/mo on your payments plus whatever additional discount you could get on top.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 09:10 PM   #923
buzaza
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkSlimhammer View Post
Hi (internet sales manager name here),

I am interested in stock/lot# (you fill in from dealer website). Would you be willing to do x% off (you fill in the x% you want- usually around 10-14% off depending on your region) before any incentives? If so, I could pick the car up today/tomorrow.

Thanks,

your name

If you want to lease, go to edmunds.com and find out the Money Factor (MF) and residual % for your zip (I'm 99% sure MF will be .00137 and residual 57%). The residual is mandated by the banks and can't be changed but MF is where dealerships make their money by raising it. Any number higher than .00137 is above base and their profit. However, if you don't have tier 1 credit you will not get .00137 regardless of dealership.

You should do A LOT of research and know exactly what you want for payment by checking the forums (edmunds, here, others, etc.) and knowing what others are paying for the vehicle and options you want, what incentives are available from BMW (they differ from lease to purchase), and where dealerships hide fees and try rip you off.

When you do make it that far, and find yourself at the dealership ready to sign and the finance manager is telling you about all the "important and additional protection" programs, repeat this over and over and over and over, "No thank you "

There is a much more that I could add, but you have to do your own work.

If nothing else hear this: If you don't know what is going on every step of the way you will get ripped off at some point. The car business is predatory by nature. If you don't want to put in the work, don't care about money, and/or can't control you're impulses, you'll get fucked. Plain and simple. Always negotiate purchase price NOT monthly payments (whether leasing or buying). There is a lot to learn (A LOT!) but when you do finally get your vehicle at YOUR price you can sleep well knowing you took care of yourself and your future and 6 months from now won't be posting on swapalease, "Beautiful black on black X3 s30i in mint condition, 30 months left, 800 miles avg per month, $749/mo, buyer pays $500 transfer fee..."

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 07:05 AM   #924
manujaws
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Sales numbers for new X3 xDrive 30i

Hello everyone. New to the forum and thanks in advance to everyone who contributes to this.

Would like share my sales numbers. Ordered Phytonic Blue with Driver assistance package, parking assistance package, premium package and ambient lighting.

MSRP - 51945
Discount - 5360

Price before discounts - 46585

Rebates (BMW Financing) - 4250

Adjusted price - [COLOR="DarkRed"]42335[/COLOR]

Of course taxes and tags extra. But overall I thought this was a pretty sweet deal.
Appreciate 0