BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-02-2022, 02:20 PM   #23
GP0256
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 MINI GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP0256 View Post
Being mounted as we speak
Excellent! Many here are happy with the PSAS.

When I got mine they did not exist (or I wasn't aware) so I got winter wheels/tires and switch 2x per year.

I'm still not convinced that they handle as good as summers despite what I have read here but I think for most people they will be fine year round.

Makes me wonder how many Continentals ended up in the land fill as a result of the X3M....
Just had Michelin AS4's installed at Costco an hour ago, 255/295 set up and it's shit pouring rain here. WOW what a difference in cold, wet traction vs the Michelin PS4's. The ride is quieter, softer and the traction is way better 9 months out of the year! Also, I made it known at Costco I took a video of my like new brakes and calipers and they assured me they would take their time and not ding them up and they didn't. $1,565 out the door
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 02:21 PM   #24
GP0256
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 MINI GP

Oh and I kept my PS4's for an 892M wheel set up 😜
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 02:56 PM   #25
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Just had Michelin AS4's installed at Costco an hour ago, 255/295 set up and it's shit pouring rain here. WOW what a difference in cold, wet traction vs the Michelin PS4's. The ride is quieter, softer and the traction is way better 9 months out of the year! Also, I made it known at Costco I took a video of my like new brakes and calipers and they assured me they would take their time and not ding them up and they didn't. $1,565 out the door
Quote:
Oh and I kept my PS4's for an 892M wheel set up ��
Awesome! I can imagine you don't deal with much snow down there so all seasons are the ticket.

I would be petrified to take my X3M to Costco. Actually I'm just about to purchase new tires for my truck (07 Nissan Armada) and I'm still nervous.

They have a great deal with the $70 rebate and $80 Costco sale on Michelin tires. Though I'm quite shocked you are only about $600 more than my MICHELIN DEFENDER LTX 265/70R18 116T BSW ALL SEASON purchase.

For my X3, I take it to an independent shop but I figure (hope) Costco will not cause any damage on my truck despite its age. I had a bad experience when I wanted to buy a non-OEM tire size from them (they refused and acted like I murdered someone) but I'm hoping this will be an easier transaction as I'm going with OEM size.

**Edited to add - I have only taken the wheels on my X3 to a shop. Don't trust anyone to take the wheels off without scratching!
Appreciate 0