BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-11-2022, 12:31 PM   #1
mrb_ix3
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Anyone ever seen this? Went out to my car to load some stuff (it's fully charged and cable in for preconditioning later on) and when I opened the door, I got the BMW dong warning and the message in the title. Only the cable does appear to be locked in (it charged earlier). Little worried that when I go out later and try to charge, it might not, but I can't test it because I'm 100% SoC!

Maybe it's just the hot sun on the cable and a gremlin (like the intermittent minor drivetrain fault warning) but wondered if anyone has seen this before and has any suggestions?

I've tried releasing and reseating the cable numerous times but same message comes up every time. The cable is physically locked and I can't pull it out unless I unlock the car

Update since posting: I took the cable out completely and locked the car and went away. Came back without the car even plugged in and I get the same error when there isn't even a cable in the car. Now even more concerned that it thinks there's a cable inserted but not locked when there's not!
Appreciate 0