BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-17-2020, 11:51 PM   #1
M3coco
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3m

M driving class in November

Convinced my salesman to send me to the one day m driving school is California, when purchasing my cpo'd 2020 x3m. Just got confirmation email. Super excited. Has anyone else taken the class?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 05:06 AM   #2
hernanipalma
Rep
Drives: X3M 20, Zl1 10, TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocox3m View Post
Convinced my salesman to send me to the one day m driving school is California, when purchasing my cpo'd 2020 x3m. Just got confirmation email. Super excited. Has anyone else taken the class?
I've done the one that comes free with every new M purchase so not sure if it's the same. It's fun specially at the factory in South Carolina but you basically drive 4 different M models for approximately 1 hr at the track.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:34 AM   #3
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocox3m View Post
Yes, at the Spartanburg location. Keep in mind there are two 'One day M' offerings, which I didn't realize initially. I received a voucher for the M Driver's Program as I didn't want the Moon roof so had to order the M Driver's Package to get the delete and increased top speed limiter.

Here is a description of the two programs from the BMW Performance Center site:

ONE-Day M School: Become Master of M
Settle into the M Sport Seat, grab the wheel, take a deep breath and step on it. M School is all about limits, and you'll discover just how high we set them with adrenaline-pumping exercises designed to bring out your inner M.

M Driver's Program: The Basics of Performance.
This is M 101 - designed to help you learn the limits of BMW M Cars while exploring your own. To owners of recently purchased M cars - welcome to the family, let's get you up to speed.

The voucher was for the M Driver's Program but I had scheduling conflicts when trying to decide on a date. When I spoke with the Scheduling team at the Center they indicated since the price is the same these are considered interchangeable as far as which you can take. It appears you have to share a vehicle with another Driver for the Driver's Program but not with the One Day M School. The latter is about fully understanding maximum performance driving skills, and literally, at the edge of the envelope which they actually encourage you to explore.

So I opted for the formal One Day M School. What an amazing driving experience - excellent Instructors, M2C/M4/M5C full out on the big track maximizing your abilities and understanding the Physics behind these incredible cars.

Honestly, not a day goes by when I'm driving my X3MC that I don't recall (and appreciate) the techniques and skills I learned over that single day. The only way it could be better, would be to have this full day offered with only the F97/F98 so we could really explore the limits of the actual models we drive (considering their different CGs c/w the small coupes/sedans).

Have a great time and learn a lot!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
AlexFL7836.00
ando2000.50
      09-19-2020, 01:14 AM   #4
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Rep
Drives: '23 AW i4 eDrive40 M Sport

Garage List
Though it wasn't the normal offering, I've gone to Thermal and it's a great experience from all aspects of the facility, courses and instructors. It was about 2 years ago when the fleet was pretty much al F80 Competitions. I'm looking forward to the experience for this offering too.

Here is quick vid of the lead-follow session form my visit. I don't know if this format is currently offered as this was a press event, but if anything it will give you a sense of the course.

'20 Alpine White F97 ///X3MC
'20 Alpine White F39 ///X2 M Sport X
Appreciate 0